Nickelodeon is moving for a Sea change!

S.W24

It was the one up the end next to Big Bird Bounce

<Bangs head against wall> Just say exactly what the ride is please. It's not hard. Was it the truck ride? The helicopter one? It could be either from your description. Help me out here. Is that the only one gone? Because you said:

a few of the rides have been taken down and replaced with seating areas

As in, more than one ride is gone. Edited by Gazza

<Bangs head against wall> Just say exactly what the ride is please. It's not hard. Was it the truck ride? The helicopter one? It could be either from your description. Help me out here. Is that the only one gone? Because you said: As in, more than one ride is gone.

Sounds like the Oscars Sweep the Beach will be closed Monday 31 October to Sunday 13 November inclusive. Maybe

Sea World did say and i quote 'Hi Jen, Sesame St will be closing soon to make way for the World’s First SpongeBob Parade :)' on a post on their Facebook page. Does that mean it'll be closing forever? And if so it's a little disappointing as it is really nothing new as Dreamworld had Nickelodeon for years but then again Spongebob would be a character to be missed on the Goldy. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Big Bird Bounce is now closed and will reopen as Beach Ball Bounce on the 12th Dec

It's looking like a retheme of Sesame Street Beach is on the cards. Sesame Street Beach has been removed from Sea World's attraction listing and the above has been posted on their maintenance page. A generic name like Beach Ball Bounce makes me wonder if it is an interim measure with the plans to open a Nickelodeon area at Easter next year to match what Dreamworld are doing with DreamWorks.

• 2 weeks later...

So has anyone seen the Show/Parade yet? I say that as it's more of a show about a parade rather than your traditional parade, which is fine by me... I went to the opening yesterday and was blown away impressed! This is not tow some trailers behind a buggy kind of float fiesta. These floats are easily up there with anything you'd expect from a Disney Park. Completely themed, hidden drivers and mechanisms, on board animatronics, lights, video, etc. The show has a massive cast and some cool water fountains used to great effect. It's also really great to see some good boat action back out on the lake. The park also appears to have updated the audio system in the stadium which is great too. I would say apart from the Outback Spectacular (which really is in a category of it's own) this is definitely the biggest and most involved show of any of the properties now and is definitely worth checking out. Should be a real hit for Sea World!