Anyone up for a final Wonderland meet?

Flea

Well me and my mate are definately comin on Sunday... I have another 2 mates coming aswell, but the only thing is they will be coming later around 12. So I take it they wont get the discount at the entry? Dont worry if there is any hassles, cause I'v got a discount coupon. But I wont know till Sat if their coming.... So count 4 peeps for me. But if they dont show it'l just be 2 of us..... Screammachine

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muke and I will be driving up from Canberra on Sunday morning. I dunno what time we will get there but we are leaving at 6am (ARRHH waking up at 5am!!!). We should get there by 10 if not could it be possible to contact one of you in the park via mobile? Also just a quick note those of you going out the night before don't forget the mardi gras is on saturday night ;) lol jk

LOL Don't know why but I just senced a tone in your voice when you said Homosexuals and it made me giggle :-) No I have no problem with them or Mardi Gras at all but don't want to be in the city when its that heaving with people. Also to a lesser extent whilst I don't have any problem with it, it's not really my scene so don't particularly want to be completely surrounded by it. Its their night, let them enjoy it I say!

Well, I will be goin to the Mardi Gras with my mates on Sat Night. I went there last year aswell. Its not to bad, and the atmosphere is good. I also go because of the event side of business (event business & marketing student). Shocking to see how bad they manage the whole event. (waste, hygiene etc..) Back on Subject! There will be only three of us attending the park. Two of us will arive at ten. And My other mate will come at 12 after work. So there will be a total of 3. Screammachine

Hey Screamer, interesting to hear for studying Event management...perhaps our paths shall cross some day. I just got home from the Horden and RHI where I've been for the last few hours checking out the lighting and other technical aspects for Mardi Gras this year. Certainly looks like it should be quite impressive and I don't think you'll be dissapointed :-)

Ok, cool thanks for that Richard. You jumped ahead of me. I was just about to ask for someones number in case we got stuck somehow :P Oh yeah. They were asking our TAFE for any volunteer Event students.We could have volunteered in the parade, or the massive dance party afterwards,(with only the worlds best Dj's in it). I didnt really want to be a part of the parade though. I wouldnt have mind to do the dance party though. But i'd choose Wonderland...... :D Another question on the Meet.... Till what time is the park open on a Sunday does it close earlier.?? I have no clue.... :confused: Screammachine

No mate, normal 7 hour day. 10:00-17:00. Only time operating hours change is on Saturday night when they are open until 22:00 these days. Unless it's raining and there's hardly anyone there of course, then they have in the past, opted to close early. But it'll be open all day Sunday.

Hey Guys! I would love to come to Wonderland, but I don't know how many times I am going. If I was to come then that would be an add on to all the other times im going + all the Money I would have to spend. Im going with Family, Friends and maybe two more times with some more friends, and thats like over $200 bucks if I do come. So I guess im not coming, though I would love to of met you guys. + really shy! Maybe when "Six Flags Australia/Sydney/DownUnder/Aussie Outback" :D opens, then we could meet up!

Just a quick reminder for everyone - rain is predicted for tomorrow, so bring all neccassary wet weather clothing. The meet is going ahead rain, hail or shine, so please make the effort to come even if your backyard is flooding! I'm just about to hop in the shower to go to Wonderland for the night with Richard & Joz. It's pouring here, so I rang up to see if they will still be open. Thankfully, it will be open unless a storm comes along. However, I still have a gut feeling that the dredded "go away" lady will be at the top of the stairs again! *EDIT* I just came back from a great night at Wonderland with Richard & Joz. Despite the dreadful weather, we managed to get a few rides on all of the attractions there in a matter of hours. Please remember that Richard is selling Total Thrills Wonderland Sydney Farewell shirts tommorow, I already have mine :) Liam

Just a bit of "not so usefull info"..... My mate won this comp in some magazine where him, and 9 of his mates get to have a buffet luch this Sunday(tomo). With no one else but, Spiderman!!! Oh yeah...... Can't wait for tomo....... Screammachine *PS, just got back from the city and A REALLY GOOD TIME!!!! (wink wink) (alcahol)

So how did it go guys? Spill your guts! Anything interesting come of it? Did all show? Publicly ashame those who may not have shown right here :P Was everyone like you had pictured them or were there a few shocks? (to those that hadn't met before that is of course.) Did everything go according to plan? i.e. no problems with discounted entry and meals. How were the crowds? Any ride closures? More importantly, how was the bottle up last night? Any sore heads? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I missed out on this. Bummer.... I guess I was too busy at Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios and Six Flags Magic Mountain : ) Hope you all had a great time. I am definitely going to try to make it to Wonderland before it closes. cheers JB