MW Closures & Lockers

DaptoFunlandGuy

As you would well know Rappa, I didn't pay a one-day price, but I do hold a VIP gold. I did have others with me who bought a VIP pass to go yesterday, and may or may not go again before it expires. Regardless of how much I've spent at vrtp (and this debate has been done to death) it's those one-day ticket holders getting screwed. Besides - regardless of what the t&c's are on the VIP pass, you'd have absolute outrage if the park only offered 2 shows and 3 rides on any given day. Now before anyone gets defensive about their employer I wasn't whining about the temporary closures. I also understand the reasoning behind the permanent closures. I'm just disappointed that more hasn't been done to compensate. Now, sure - you can't organise a traveling flat within 24 hours (unless previously arranged with local operators) but ba-tr and lt-rr closures were planned well in advance. Most people can see the risk here if you've closed two major indoor all-weather attractions, and have only 5 other majors, 3 of which are seriously affected by storms, in the middle of the SE QLD storm season! Rappa, you know that I am, and always will be an advocate of the vrtp parks. I have friends who work there, I was merely voicing an opinion and lamenting the sorry state the park found itself in because of the weather and their previous decisions. And regardless of the uproar from fanboys on this board who think anything less than a b&m is unacceptable, yes, a rockwall, kiddie flat or bungee tramp would have been welcome, just for something else to see and do...

Well said Alex...I agree 100% with your sentiment!!

Logical solution would be free locker hire park-wide for all VIP Gold passholders and anyone with an all-day locker. Still limited to one hour for ride lockers. Activated by swiping your pass barcode (giving those stupid lanyards a meaningful purpose!), or a locker wristband. Might actually make those passes worth upgrading to...

This! Simple things like this that add value to the *premium* pass, heck, extend to something like wet'n'wild and I'd even consider paying more. Back when I was paying near on $300 for a 3 park pass, these are the sort of perks I expected to make the pass worthwhile. Meanwhile Universal Japan had a simple key on a wrist band locker system for the rides you couldn't take things on. Worked fine. Also, has Scooby gone the way of superman with a strict nothing in pockets rule, or just a no lose items such as bags, sunglasses etc? Jay

Well I was at Fright Nights on Saturday, and while they were stopping people with loose items like glasses and hats, they said absolutely nothing when I sat down with my backpack and placed it under the seat. So I guess it might depend on the item, and as Rappa said earlier, might be more to appease the insurance company than to address any real safety concern. Same goes for the addition of all those attractive "Do not sit or swing on queue rails or chains" signs.

snapback.pngRichard, on 17 October 2011 - 08:53 AM, said: Logical solution would be free locker hire park-wide for all VIP Gold passholders and anyone with an all-day locker. Still limited to one hour for ride lockers. Activated by swiping your pass barcode (giving those stupid lanyards a meaningful purpose!), or a locker wristband. Might actually make those passes worth upgrading to... i agree with Richard here, i hold a vip gold pass as well, and really think this would be a great idea, also having a gold pass night to the fright night and white christmas so we dont have to deal with the park full of 14yr olds ( i dont mean to offend the 14yr olds that are on this site) but it would pay dividends to those willing to fork out for a gold pass, make it worth while, yea we get "free entry" to these 2 events, but then we have to deal with the very long lines for the rides..

Scooby will be getting lockers soon.. and they will inforce it soon... But in the mean time they will let you on with it or they may ask you to use the Superman lockers! I asked a few weeks ago and they stated that the lookers will be near the exit and it will be a difficult process for guest and staff but they are working on it.