Movie World Lockers

Shadovv

I was at Movie World today at 4.45 pm I wanted to ride Superman Escape but they still forced you to hire a locker for an hour when the park closed in 15min. Locker hire should be free after 4.

I agree with that, but they just want to get as much money out of people as possible. The same reason why sea world haven't removed the train gate.

Yeah its true they are very money hungry at the theme parks. Bottle of water $4.50, get dry machine $5 but when it comes to locker hire a better system is required.

One idea I have can actually make them a lot of $$$.

Get a wristband for $10 for allday hire that you can open ANY locker with the barcode and use it at ALL parks for 1 day. For example I was at Wet n Wild in the morning and had a locker wristband. At Movie World that afternoon it would be great if you were still able to use it to hire a locker.

The same wristband at multiple parks? C'mon... The amount of infrastructure required to set that up would outweigh the uptake.

Movie world already has all day lockers. Surely you didn't arrive at the park at 4:45, just get an all day when u arrive.

The locker systems have a fixed value to them, they would have to manually re-programmed to change pricing, so you are not going to get different price points in a day.

As for complaining about drink prices... Have You been to a sporting event, cinema, concert?? That's just what you need to expect to pay these days unless your buying from Coles or McDonalds

Yeah its true they are very money hungry at the theme parks. Bottle of water $4.50, get dry machine $5 but when it comes to locker hire a better system is required.

Get a wristband for $10 for allday hire that you can open ANY locker with the barcode and use it at ALL parks for 1 day. For example I was at Wet n Wild in the morning and had a locker wristband. At Movie World that afternoon it would be great if you were still able to use it to hire a locker.

Most people do one park per day. I don't think it would be worth it to do a cross park system for the few people (I know there are a few on here) who like to go park hopping.

The wristband locker idea is great though and they should push it more. Add more lockers and give out more wristbands.

Such Idea.... Much Original... Very Unique.... WOW

Posted by AlexB on 08 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

I have a novel idea, that would take a little to implement, but i think it would be worth it. I've stated several times that I always get an all day locker, regardless of what i'm riding or how long i plan to be there... but my pet peeve is that i've usually got to go to the photo centre before i leave to pick up my stuff, and if i want to purchase anything, i need to go back and run the main street gauntlet to get my wallet. I don't agree with allowing those people who use a 1 hour locker to 'carry over' their time elsewhere, but why not offer an 'all day - any locker' idea, whereby use of wristband or special pin code, a person pays one all-day fee, but is free to use any locker, anywhere in the park... this way, personal belongings are kept with you, stored in the locker at each ride while you ride and taken out when you move onto the next ride. In my view, this would actually make more money for the park, thereby offsetting whatever additional staffing costs would be required to issue wristbands or whatever (WnW and the MW drink carts can issue wristbands, so what the big deal is there i don't know), because if you aren't occupying one locker all day - but in fact utilising various lockers around the parks for minimal periods and then vacating them when you move on, means there are more lockers available for use at any one time, but you still have the guest's money for an all-day hire?!?! thoughts?

'AlexB', on 08 Jan 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

why not offer an 'all day - any locker' idea, whereby use of wristband or special pin code, a person pays one all-day fee, but is free to use any locker, anywhere in the park...

'Gazza', on 21 Jan 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

SFMM just got new lockers that are networked, so you can take your stuff between rides

Wait - of course your suggestion was different - you wanted them to work at all parks.... of course.

That's a really good idea Gary86! It would simplify things greatly. Given the number of rides that prohibit loose items, Movie World has as much need for lockers as a water park.
To improve on Gary's idea slightly, you could use a smartphone to unlock the lockers (using barcode scanners), which means you wouldn't need additional staff to sell the wristbands.

Things that I hate most about Movie Worlds / Sea Worlds locker hire are

• The system can be so slow and unresponsive at times - "Please enter your date of birth, please reenter your date of birth, pleases select your colour". At least at the waterparks a simple scan of a wristband and the locker is open.
  • You want to get your moneys worth but going off peak it takes way less than an hour to ride so you need a few rides to fill the hour.
  • The price has doubled! They used to be only $1.
  • You can't use unused hire time (one day at Sea World I would have had about another hour left after hiring at 2 different times.
  • Superman Escape has got to be the worst laid out ride ever (not the rides itself but the station design). With the rule of no loose items allowed (and nothing in your pockets) they for some weird reason exit you into the gift shop??? At lease Jet Rescue has some lockers inside the shop.

Some ideas for improved locker hire

• All day any locker hire (add lockers to Scooby Doo and Wild West) Scan wristband. $10 available at most retail / food outlets.
  • Add a "Rehire Locker" option on single use lockers. If you have at least 30min left you can rehire a locker at no extra cost (with limited time however)
  • Free locker hire after say 4:15pm. You don't need the hour so why pay for the hour?

Sorry to post on an old topic but I was at Movie World today at 4.45 pm I wanted to ride Superman Escape but they still forced you to hire a locker for an hour when the park closed in 15min. Locker hire should be free after 4. I rode Arkum instead.

so you were at movieworld yesterday too? when did superman reopen? i waited for it all day, and it finally opened around 1:30 or something. got to nearly the front of the queue (was meant to be on next train) then the screens went black and a pre-recorded voice said "it is necessary to evacuate the ride. please stay seated and a staff member will soon be there". two staff members were running through a door at the back of the queue and another told us to exit the queue :( . i decided to give up and go home.

I actually spent most of the day at Wet n Wild and left just before 2pm. (They really could do with clocks around the park since I don't wear my watch there). I then walked over to Movie World and had lunch. Got very annoyed by the long lines and only rode Wild West and Scooby once (Wild West's effects seemed to be working well for once but Scooby's "party room" was still bland as always). I saw the 4D movie at 4pm by the time I got to Superman it was 4.45 and there seemed to be a management guy and the usual staff member telling people to hire a $2 1 hour locker which would have ended at 5.45 so I was like stuff this and rode Arkham Asylum instead (with audio this time!).

My tip - STAY AWAY from Movie World during school holidays way too crowded!

I also wish there was another way from the back of the park to the front. When the parade is on your trapped if you don't want to see the parade!

two staff members were running through a door at the back of the queue and another told us to exit the queue :( . i decided to give up and go home.

Another reason why locker hire is bad. If you paid your $2 to ride Superman Escape and the ride ended up closing / the line was too long you don't get your money back :( Unless maybe you complain :angry2:

Storm coaster broke down on my last Sea World visit when I was in the queue. Luckily I decided to leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnE21lVc_Cs

Edited by Gary86

I don't know why all these rides don't have the same system as Mick Doohan Motocoaster does, simply and inexpensive.

The money the lockers make would be nothing on a WB scale so why bother with the bad feeling it creates?

Agree re Movie World when crowded, it is at least 4 -6 attractions short on crowded days.

Argh it's you not 'u'. Don't use SMS speak on the forums.

Generally don't it was an oversight.

To improve on Gary's idea slightly, you could use a smartphone to unlock the lockers (using barcode scanners), which means you wouldn't need additional staff to sell the wristbands.

And How exactly do you open it when your smartphone is in the locker?? Edited by Brad2912

You could use a smartphone to unlock the lockers (using barcode scanners), which means you wouldn't need additional staff to sell the wristbands.

That wouldn't work because I work in a supermarket and if people give me their phones to scan an offer or loyalty card and they don't ever work, because the scanners are not able to scan screens, so I have to write in the barcode number. So basically, it is a good idea, but won't ever work.

Edited by themagician

And How exactly do you open it when your smartphone is in the locker??

Exactly. A wristband is the only way to do it since phones are not allowed in Superman Escape. During night events guests where wristbands and are allowed on the rollercoasters so it is possible. All they need is a system just like the water parks but the only difference is that you can use more than 1 locker and take your items with you as you move around the park. With a rule that locker areas near rides are for short term use only and you get charged a fee for overuse.

They can add locker areas near Scooby and Wild West Falls at Movie World.

That wouldn't work because I work in a supermarket and if people give me their phones to scan an offer or loyalty card and they don't ever work, because the scanners are not able to scan screens, so I have to write in the barcode number. So basically, it is a good idea, but won't ever work.

Well that's a blatant generalisation.

I've scanned barcodes on my smartphone at Dreamworld, WWW, football matches and bowling alleys

How about an app?

You login to the app (before arrival at the park), 'purchase' a locker package, enter a pin code (on your phone) and go to any of the locker stations - scan the barcode on your phone (it is possible - i use my phone screen with the themeparks.com.au app to enter the parks - i don't have a paper pass anymore), and it opens a locker. You then secure your phone and belongings in the locker.

On return - you simply enter the pin code and locker number and the locker is unlocked. Because the barcode is generated on your phone, you can carry it around with you to any locker station

How about an app?

You login to the app (before arrival at the park), 'purchase' a locker package, enter a pin code (on your phone) and go to any of the locker stations - scan the barcode on your phone (it is possible - i use my phone screen with the themeparks.com.au app to enter the parks - i don't have a paper pass anymore), and it opens a locker. You then secure your phone and belongings in the locker.

On return - you simply enter the pin code and locker number and the locker is unlocked. Because the barcode is generated on your phone, you can carry it around with you to any locker station

Until you want to leave your phone in the locker to prevent someone from taking it from a ride bin.

Or the inevitable dead phone battery.

It's such a petty argument IMO.

Just organise yourself better. It's literally just a gold coin. If money is an issue, leave your bag in the car, if it's not, buy an all day locker.

To be honest I find it embarrassing that we as a community argue about two dollar lockers. No wonder Robb Alvey changed the word "locker" to show as "fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo" - seriously, kids are starving in Africa, our own country is refusing the right to refuge, Ukraine's a mess and North Korea's building nukes. With this in mind, I struggle to read a two-page discussion on a topic that's already been beaten to death that slightly inconveniences some people sometimes. For those who complain, i'm reminded of this from talented comedian Louis C.K.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnxNZiF2xSE

EDIT: Sorry, wrong Louis CK rant.

Edited by Slick