Luna Park Sydney - the future with Wet'n'Wild

JulieLovis

The topic is only 3 pages long, it would take 2mins tops to read it! So your friend who works at LPS posted what would be 'classified' pic of the ride and ride details on his public FB page? He won't have a job for much longer... Where is a link, or copy and paste the pic here

Considering I posted my last at 11:22pm when I was half asleep I think I'm justified not reading the rest of the thread, many on here wouldn't admit to not reading previous posts. Where did I say it was a "classified" picture or that my friend had posted any information about the ride other than it was staying and who said it was a public post on Facebook? Get your information right before you start posting crap. Anyway I've attached the photo and as you can see anyone walking in the park will be able to take a similar photo so I guess my friends job is safe. "The Bus is now leaving for, well I can't tell you where because it's classified"

post-98-0-57860500-1385417917_thumb.jpeg

i'd say there was a 'potentially' classified part of the post in that he confirmed it is staying permanently. Thats the only thing I could see being 'restricted' in that everything else is blatantly obvious to the entire bloody harbour... And even then - permanent or temporary, it's good to see LPS is putting in something new, so who cares either way it's something they're actually promoting... which has been a long time coming.

Nothing makes Bussy special over anyone else on the site - however he is quite a long standing member of this site, and rarely comes on with 'OMG YOU GUYZ WUNT BLEAV DIS! kinda stuff.

Certain people - especially those who are new or have a poor reputation for posting crap1 will always be challenged or questioned. Bussy has always been a wealth of information, and has always observed any relevant 'secrecy' requirements imposed by the parks he has associated with.

If Bussy says it, i'm inclined to give his statement the respect and attention he has earned on these boards as I find it extremely unlikely that he would ever steer us wrong.

1(Those who remember 'shifty' or 'nightshifter' would know what i'm talking about. These days it would be the RWC equivalent.)

OMG YOU GUYZ WUNT BLEAV DIS but that tower they have just built at Luna Park is fully huge, just look at the photo it is heaps bigger than the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Sorry I had to use that line from AlexB. I had forgotten about Shifty, can someone go find him and invite him back. If someone does go looking for him he'll probably be in a remedial English class somewhere. "The Bus is now leaving for English Gap, South Australia"

It could also be a Huss model as they are also very similar!! Looks like also it will be a model that either has riders on all 4 sides or 4 sides that drop independently!! Either way it looks like it will be a welcome addition to the ride lineup at LPS!! Oh welcome back to Bussy!! Glad you can drop by every once in a while!!

I have heard that the ride is definitely permanent (nice work Luna Park Sydney!) and it is a Larson tower. So good news for those who had their fingers crossed hoping it'd be a Larson.

Excellent news GoGoBoy!!! This attraction is looking very nice!!! Here's hoping that LPS doesn't stop just here and they have definite plans for further additions/expansions of their ride offering as we move into the new year!!

Here are the dimensions of the ride as taken directly from the Larson website!!

I sincerely hope that the ride comes complete with a full array of LED light suites. This should look pretty impressive from across the harbour and will be a great attraction to ride on a balmy Saturday night!!!

post-30-0-74860800-1385456254_thumb.jpg

Nothing, but he has a proven track record that stretches back nearly a decade. Basically that's the extent of it. Also Brad, yeah I thought your post was needlessly rude and abrupt. That's why I called you out on it. I was going to break it down and explain why I thought so, but I figure no one reading really cares, and I can't be bothered being a keyboard warrior tonight. You're right about one thing though; your post wasn't any worse than what some other members get, but like I say, Bussy has been around for years and is a reliable source of good information. It's not your fault for not knowing that, but now you do so great.

1. How do I know his track record?? I don't recall seeing many (if any) of his posts since I've been posting here, and his profile says he is 13yrs old. For all I know he is another teeny bopper posting random rumours. 2. I was needlessly rude and abrupt?? Come off it mate and harden the hell up. I've seen much more direct and forceful vitriol directed at people here before that hasn't had you batting an eyelid at. I know now what is acceptable on this forum - If you don't like what someone says you can insult them. Sweet, as long as it the rules are the same for everyone... Edited by Brad2912

1. How do I know his track record?? I don't recall seeing many (if any) of his posts since I've been posting here, and his profile says he is 13yrs old. For all I know he is another teeny bopper posting random rumours. 2. I was needlessly rude and abrupt?? Come off it mate and harden the hell up. I've seen much more direct and forceful vitriol directed at people here before that hasn't had you batting an eyelid at. I know now what is acceptable on this forum - If you don't like what someone says you can insult them. Sweet, as long as it the rules are the same for everyone...

A piece of friendly advice Brad- let it go mate. Its just an opinion.

Its similar to when you stated that Tower of Terror II is NOT a coaster....that was opinion and not fact. Hardly anyone jumped on you for stating this, even though they very well could have.

This is one you will not win....it has been eloquently pointed out to you why Joz said to you what he stated by very long term and respected members of this board and community.

Its really mountains out of molehills stuff in the end.

Now back on topic please and to the exciting new attraction at LPS!!!! Anyone want to hazard a guess as to this new ride's name?? :)

Edited by Jobe

This is a very exciting addition for LPS, in fact it's the most exciting addition since the Big Dipper in 1995!

I think most of us would agree that a well executed ride of this kind will result in additional ticket sales for LPS. This could mean the beginning of some changes at LPS with regards to the line up of rides, as they see the positive impact of adding exciting new attractions. Those who visit LPS regularly like I do will know that it is a successful and rather well run park, despite the old rides, they are maintained in reasonable condition and the experience of visiting is always positive, with the park always clean, well maintained and the operators and service staff are very good (in fact better than the gold coast parks in my opinion). So, LPS are obviously no fools when it comes to operating an amusement park and so you would imagine that this could be a trigger for them to more aggressively pursue their fun park business model.

Regarding the name for the new ride, I hope they go for a name that's fun and suited to LPS and not some sort of generic name like "Mega Drop" or "Free Fall".

Sorry to harp - Brad the best way you can get a feel for 'who's who in the zoo' is to check out both their post count, and how long they've been a member. If they're at 1000 posts and they've been a member for a year - they have too much time on their hands. If they've got 1500 posts and they've been a member since 2003/4, chances are they aren't yanking your chain. If a 13 year old (now) has been a member since 2003... he learned to type very early on in life!!!

Onto the model type - the pic of the tower with the ball on top does imply some great lighting opportunities. the ball at the top in itself lends itself to some wonderful 'lightshow' opportunities - searchlights anyone?

This will really:

1. make the park more noticeable from across the water other end of the harbour
  2. piss off the residents at the top of the cliff who have a court judgment saying LPS can do what LPS wants to do (pretty much)
  3. tie in with harbour-based nighttime events (like NYE) where they could use it as part of the show (justsayin)

Well we would all want this ride at LPS! :) Hopefully the Hair Raiser will prove popular enough to convince the operators of LPS to look at further expansion/ride inclusions in the near future. Fingers crossed for the addition of a 2nd compact coaster to complement the Wild Mouse- it would be superb if the original Wild Cat( it is alledgely still in existence on a property in the Hunter Valley but condition or veracity is unconfirmed) or similar model could be brought back to the park somehow!!! Or even an Intamin ZacSpin- IMHO the best value coaster presently available for LPS's limited space.

Edited by Jobe