Giant Drop vs. Batwing Spaceshot vs. Coney Drop vs. Hair Raiser vs. Inferno

TBoy

Giant Drop vs. Batwing Spaceshot vs. Coney Drop vs. Hair Raiser vs. Inferno  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one of the options, and the one with the most votes will win.

• Giant Drop (Dreamworld)
    • Batwing Spaceshot (Movie World)
    • Coney Drop (Luna Park Melbourne)
    • Hair Raiser (Luna Park Sydney)
    • Inferno (Adventure World)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/23 at 01:00 PM

It is time to vote for a droptower to be in the all-star park. I have picked 5 of the best which will face off in the poll. Please note: Kiddy droptowers (the ones at Funfields, Aussie World, Little Leaper at Adventure World etc.) are not included. Vote by Thursday.

Hair Raiser by a mile. The drop is genuinely terrifying, is instant (and most people never know when it comes) and made Giant Drop look like a family ride by comparison.

Batwing is fine, but the shot isn’t that special. Inferno is like a giant frog hopper.

If only hair raiser was a bit taller

Edited by Baconjack
  • Love it! 1

12 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Hair Raiser by a mile. The drop is genuinely terrifying, is instant (and most people never know when it comes) and made Giant Drop look like a family ride by comparison.

Batwing is fine, but the shot isn’t that special. Inferno is like a giant frog hopper.

If only hair raiser was a bit taller

💯. Those Larson Drop towers pack quite the proverbial punch!! I reckon it feels more forceful than Giant Drop whose only saving grace is it’s great height.

Giant Drop wins simply because it was the gateway for not just drop towers but big thrill attractions for me. Was terrified of it for years until one day I went with a group of friends and didn’t want to be left out. 

The other rides have their pros and cons, but Giant Drop has a place in my heart I can’t ignore. 

When I was in the US last year I frequently heard that our very own Giant Drop and Falcon’s Fury over at Busch Gardens Tampa are the two drop towers that have the most revered reputation. Lex Luther and Zumanjaro may be bigger record holders but they aren’t as consistent or fun to ride as Giant Drop. 

Didn’t get the chance to try Falcon’s when I was in Busch Gardens and I don’t think I ever will. That ride has some bad energy. 

3 hours ago, biasesumo said:

When I was in the US last year I frequently heard that our very own Giant Drop and Falcon’s Fury over at Busch Gardens Tampa are the two drop towers that have the most revered reputation. Lex Luther and Zumanjaro may be bigger record holders but they aren’t as consistent or fun to ride as Giant Drop. 

Didn’t get the chance to try Falcon’s when I was in Busch Gardens and I don’t think I ever will. That ride has some bad energy. 

I fear GD whenever I visit. I've only ridden it once. I don't think Lex Luther and Zumanjaro leave you hanging quite as long as GD.

When we went to BGT last year I told myself whatever else happens I was getting on Falcons Fury no matter what.... and it was down for the day. Maybe next time!

For force, I'd say Hair Raiser... for the Oh S**T factor... Giant Drop. However my all time fave drop tower was Space Probe 7. The theming etc just really made it something special. IMO it was one of Australia's best themed rides, right up there with Bermuda Triangle and Wild West Falls (pre 2004 fire). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, franky said:

I don't think Lex Luther and Zumanjaro leave you hanging quite as long as GD.

Though it feels like it, you don’t “hang” on giant drop for more than a second. When it nears the top, the winch slows to a crawl and you’re still climbing, albeit very slowly until almost the moment you’re released from the catchcar.

2 hours ago, franky said:

When we went to BGT last year I told myself whatever else happens I was getting on Falcons Fury no matter what.... and it was down for the day. Maybe next time!

I told myself I would brave it when I went with my partner in early September and it was under maintenance. The saving grace was that the park was essentially empty of people and we got on Iron Gwazi 8 times in a row.

Still, one day I will get to go on a drop tower that faces the floor. One day!

• Like 1

The other thing with LLDD and ZG at the six flags parks is there’s plenty of other really tall rides/coasters in that park. With GD there’s nothing at dreamworld even half the height  which makes it seem almost higher up

Edited by REGIE