Maintenance Schedule

WCE87

Went to movie world today to find superman down for maintenance. Seems to be getting a lot of love with the entire area blocked off for painting. All the supports were getting a fresh dose of paint which will look great. Because superman was closed the only way to get to arkham asylum was through the alleyway near Scooby doo. No work has been done in the alleyway just gray drab paint and marks on the walls where windows, signs and doors used to be. Was kind of hoping they would do something here now that they've opened it up but it looks like crap.

Hence why closing Chinatown in the first place was a bad idea.

attachicon.gifarkham superman paint.png

But it is themed to the drab plain grey wall of the asylum... In one way I believe what I said... But then again it would have made absolutely no sense to walk through a section of china town from scooby doo to arkham...

But Sturt remained at anchor at the dock for some time without movement - why is it only now that the river is covering up?

Hahaha very good Alex. Just wondering, what is the old china town enteramce being used for? I have seen food carts coming out of there, so are they just stored there and that is it?

Presently it is used only as storage area for carts etc.

Hasn't the boat been moved a couple of times though?

Nope, hasn't moved since it was docked at the Sheep shearing show, and of course after the removal the hull was moved to the dock. I'd say they are getting slack in cleaning and maintaining it, a bit of a shame really when something that used to be taken care of so well now sits as a weed infested burden. On that note, anyone else noticed how weed infested the railway line is getting since the removal of the steam engines? It is almost like they just don't care.

If I'm not mistaken, the two little pegs that used to hold up the shark are gone, suggesting to me he wont be coming back :(

edit - actually, looking back at previous photos there's no pegs. Wonder what I was thinking of?

Keep an eye out for Fluffy, if she disappears from the bush next to reef diver in the coming weeks, you know she is coming back haha.

Edited by WipeoutDreamworldFan

aww... can't wait to see what else will change though! Hopefully a few new ride cycles...

I've heard from a few people that the computer system for the ride is getting updated and it will come with new cycles built into the ride. I also remember someone commenting on here about sage automation being tasked to deliver a new automation for the ride.

I've heard from a few people that the computer system for the ride is getting updated and it will come with new cycles built into the ride. I also remember someone commenting on here about sage automation being tasked to deliver a new automation for the ride.

awesome! the previous ride cycle was pretty lacking... it only flipped you upside down a few times during the ride.

Every time I have gone on it, it does the 3 upside down parts, then if it is on program 1-3 it does another when it flips after the 3 upside down parts if that makes sense, then it flips for 30 seconds without going all the way over then the slow upside down part and the fast backflip and if lucky it will lock upside down at the very end for 15 seconds until it parks. It all depends on the program it is in and the weight.

I distinctly remember watching it once and it wasn't flipping over, so I didn't even bother queuing. Either my memory is poor or there was a program with no full inversions.

During late 2010 and early 2011 when the bent arm's motor had a problem they did have to put it in program 5 which had no flips apart from the very end slow upside down part until Vekoma made a new one and shipped it over, then they put it back in program 3.

I asked Dreamworld about the delay of the opening of Wipeout and they said they are doing all they can to have it back by School Holidays, unfortunately the reason that they've had to change it to say July is because they are unsure at the stage of the exact date they can promise to have it back up and running with the look and feel they wish to have, and they said to ask again later for an update.

Screamworld is on July 4th so hopefully they have it up and running for that.