Sea World - No Entry train crossing

Gary86

I just wish that instead of spending the money to add some wire to the gate that they'd just turn the gate into a fence*. We know their position on it which we'll all grow to accept once the next drama comes along. Of course this could be the new Eureka?

"Seaworld Gate: SBNO almost 6 years"

*Unless this is needed to remain a gate for maintenance access.

Figured it would be. In saying that, why not stick a couple of those F&B Carts in front of it during the day? They're easily movable each day, or in case of an emergency vehicle needing the gate open. At least that way it's not just a dead end you can clearly see should be a walkway.

If they already do that, good on them, I haven't been there in a long time.

• 2 months later...

I was at Sea World yesterday and the gate is still there!

post-29205-0-75427700-1394760247_thumb.j

They now have wires (not sharp) on the top of the fence and nearby posts.

post-29205-0-24427800-1394760337_thumb.j

But I still managed to climb over through the garden to the right...

post-29205-0-30456100-1394760403_thumb.j

I did see a lot of confused guests around the gate :blink:

I found this old photo from 1984 proving that the pathway was open when the train operated.

post-29205-0-80694200-1394764739_thumb.j

Edited by Gary86

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps there's ongoing issues with the resort car park being filled by day-trippers? That's probably the most logical explanation...

Not only that but if you were a resort guest, do you really want to line up with noisy kids and teens pushing to get to the rides quicker?

To me the resort has always been a nice, relaxed, quiet place and should remain that way.

I understand the point but I was there last week and the resort was at full capacity and there was never once a line to get in. I doubt more than a handful of people would ever use it anyway.

I suspect the parking is already a problem because it was clear there were people on the weekend using the car park. A boom-gate that requires room key to lift like other places have would soon sort that though.

Oh and the resort is most definitely not a quiet and relaxed place when full!

The carpark is too convoluted to boom gate it. There are bays down near park wing, the big parking in front of the main entrance and then another section over by the garden wing. The 'entrance' goes straight through the middle of the three. You have to have a way for arriving guests to get there to check in.

That said - I get why they don't want 'general guests' to use that entrance way, but the attraction of hopping the monorail to the resort for a nice resort lunch at the waterfall cafe, as opposed to the fare offered inside the park has long been a favourite of mine.

I know they're not Disney - but if you can keep guests on property - the money all goes to the same place. Why they would want to curtail this, I don't know.

I've stayed on property several times, and i've NEVER seen a queue clogging up the shop near opening time. Most resort guests planning on entering the park for the day usually attend the 'dolphin discovery presentation', and so are inside the park well before opening.

It has to be a carparking issue - and that is far easier resolved - simply give each guest a 'rearview mirror' tag. We got these at many of the places we stayed at in the US, and clearly indicated the car was a guest. Then all you need to do is strike up an agreement with a tow truck company, and have any non-guest vehicles towed.

This keeps the resort accessible to everyone and allows them to showcase the resort to daytrippers for future trips (as well as opening up F&B options).

Fair enough - towing a guest's vehicle might be a bit harsh, but post a sign explaining the risk, the cost, and you could always arrange for the tow company to move the vehicle to the main-park carpark - perhaps in a small 'gated' area at one end (so it isn't too far away at the end of a family day at the park), and charge a fee for release that covers the cost of the tow truck. Word would get around quick enough and no 'public' cars would park in the resort anymore... problem?

Looming threats of car towing and fines versus a gentle "sorry, this gate is for resort guests only"? I know which I'd be choosing if I were a company that makes money from people having a good time.

Seems that with a high percentage of passholders word has gotten out about the "secret" parking option which has otherwise been perfectly manageable for the past 25 years. Just a matter of gently training people to use the correct car park before the resort should look at boom gates or parking passes and towing companies.

If it were me, I'd be letting people in the first time but telling them not to again and marking it in the system or punching their VIP cards so they can't try it again...

Yeah is re-entry different? Will they re enter you with a stamp or something?

As for towing... That's all BS. You actually can't tow a car just because you put up a sign. It's a whole convoluted thing. For instance my building (it's a rather large one lol) says it will tow any car parked in the wrong spot or a non guest.

However they won't actually tow the car, they will just sticker it.

• 4 months later...

Or they're bringing back the train.

They don't need the train, they have a monorail. They seem to be ripping up the train tracks and hopefully building a new pathway for much easier access around the park. Or they plan to build a electric fence with barb wire. That will stop people bypassing their food and retail outlets!