Dreamworld New Ride September 2014

Jlindsell

A wild idea - and probably something best held for another thread - but here's a wacky concept - Ardent drives DW further downhill - eventually gets it to a point where they've poisoned everyone against it - revenue is down, and the park is making a loss....

...does VRTP make an offer to buy? Why? Why not?

It'd probably be so bad I could buy it...

I'd be inclined I believe someone like Slick who has runs on the board on the forum as opposed to someone with only a handful of posts

I know that, but anyone can just say something. That doesn't make it true.

I know because my fiance works there and workers do get feedback on what's going on. if a bad trip report was posted on here with specific problems raised the workers responsible would know within a day or 2.

oh ok, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sea_Viper.jpg

JUST LEAKED DREAMWORLD 2014 RIDE ARTWORK

Courtesy of Theme Parks a Go-Go and TPZ/TZI/TAA/G2G/TTYL comes Cyclone 2: The Never Before Seen Experience (We Swear). From what i've heard the inspiration comes from the original Cyclone Roller-coaster's creation, that is, why pay for a new full-sized rollercoaster when you can buy another Aussie park's hand me downs for a bargain?

Edited by Slick

So the fact the pic of Sea Viper was "JUST LEAKED" and the supposed name was "The never before seen experience (we swear)" didn't clue you in?

It did clue me, but then I was just hoping too much that it was true about Cyclone being upgraded.

Edited by themagician

Courtesy of Theme Parks a Go-Go and TPZ/TZI/TAA/G2G/TTYL

So the fact the pic of Sea Viper was "JUST LEAKED" and the supposed name was "The never before seen experience (we swear)" didn't clue you in?

It did clue me, but then I was just hoping too much that it was true about Cyclone being upgraded.

Theme Parks a Go-Go and TPZ/TZI/TAA/G2G/TTYL are credible sources, aferall.

It would be easy to extend cyclone's track if a manufacturer were to produce new pieces designed for the purpose. If they were bringing pieces over from Viper to join onto Cyclone, it would be incredibly difficult. The transitions would be incredibly difficult, and probably not worth it - it's not like combining two K'nex sets.

Moving along - dreamworld's new ride... they've acquired the lattice maze from Jamberoo and will construct it on the site of the Wipeout.

Wipeout will be relocated behind the Model T Fords - which is why it's going down for so long - they need time to move it. The wave, water, and shark will not be moved with it.