Sign in to follow this  
BigKev

Any theme park in the world

14 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to draw on the expertise of this forum.

Having been a regular visitor to the Gold Coast park over the past decade, my family is planning a major overseas adventure in the next 5 years.

My kids by then will then be about 15 and 13.

My question is if you were looking to head to the best park or group of parks within same vicinity anywhere in the world, where would you go?

If you are going on an overseas trip, I'd recommend you pick the place you want to go to without considering the theme parks, look at them as something extra to do. Just my opinion though.

Europe is my favourite place in the world (haven't been to the US, it doesn't excite me much) because it has such an interesting history, and is an amazing experience. Europe has plenty of stuff to do, and plenty of good theme parks.

If the kids are into thrills, you can get a lot done in the Pennsylvania/Virginia/New Jersey area - plenty of good quality parks within driving distance of each other (Knoebels, Hersheypark, Great Adventure, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens). Plenty to see outside of theme parks in that area too.

+1 To orlando...4 Disney parks (With the Avatar area coming), 2 Universal parks (With the 2nd stage of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; Diagon Alley opening this year), Busch Gardens an hour or so away, SeaWorld, 4 major water parks, Legoland, plus the small "Fun Spot" park (Which has a wooden coaster)...You could easily fill a fortnight doing all the parks.