Movie World - Carnivale

kujotess

I my self work in the AV Industry. There was quite a few screw ups audio wise yesterday including Austin's mic not working. ( He now leads the parade ). I think the main thing that has thrown the singer off was the backing track could not be herd at first so when it came on she was out of time. Movie World don't use Inner ears or fold backs for everyday performances so it is hard to hear your self sing it is even worse due to all the speakers pointing at the back of your head so that makes it quite hard to sing and keep in time.

In that case it seems it is not the vocalists fault, and if MW wants to put on world class events they should upgrade their AV to a level fitting just that.

Edited by Brad2912

I will admit that the performance was not perfect, but let's face it; pretty much all of us would be able to sing at the level while dancing, all without an ear-piece and in front of a crowd. Anyway, I thought that the riverboat float looked really impressive, and really changed my mind on maybe attending the event.

Not sure if anyone else posted this, but the website features the menu for the event Personally, this food sounds great, if only it doesn't end up like your typical overpriced, grease-laiden food that the parks are known for.

P.S: The main site does have pictures for each meal, but the forums would not let me post them due to their file extension.

• Seafood Boil-Up

Our take on a traditional Louisiana ‘crawfish boil’. A mixture of prawns, clams, mussels, potato, corn and spices. Once cooked, the pots contents are drained and dumped on a large newspaper-covered table to share.

• Seafood Chowder Cobb

American settlers developed this deliciously creamy stew served in crusty bread from French and British fishermen. Chowder comes from the French word ‘chaudiere’ referring to the large pot it’s traditionally cooked in.

• Po'Boys

New Orleans sub of meat or seafood with lettuce, tomato, pickles and mayonnaise. Po’Boys originated during the Depression when Martin brothers’ restaurant provided free sandwiches to striking streetcar workers nicknamed “poor boys”.

• Gumbo

A Cajun Stew, hailed official state cuisine, originating in 18th Century southern Louisiana. Classic recipes influenced by Western Europe, Africa and Native America use meat (seafood/chicken/spicy sausage), vegetables and strong simmered stock served over rice.

• BBQ & Smoker

Southern style smoky BBQ’d foods, an array of favourites – including Corn cob, Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños, Chicken Wings & slow cooked ribs with our special rubs.

• Jambalaya

A one-pot wonder of vegetables, meat or seafood (or both), rice and spices similar to ‘paella’. The name “balayez” meaning “throw something together” arose after a New Orleans traveller arriving late at night looking for food exclaimed “Jean, balayez” to the Chef.

• Buffalo Chicken Wings

In Buffalo, 1964, a son and college friends stopped at his parents ‘Anchor Bar’ for a late-night snack. His mother fried up leftover chicken wings, tossed them in a cayenne hot sauce and the Buffalo Wing was born.

• Pie's Ala Mode

Pecan Pie, popularly served at holiday meals, is considered a Southern U.S. cuisine specialty. Some say the French invented it after settling in New Orleans and being introduced to the pecan nut by Native Americans

In that case it seems it is not the vocalists fault, and if MW wants to put on world class events they should upgrade their AV to a level fitting just that.

Generally Movie World hire all the gear they need for their nighttime events and are kinda limited in what they have on site. They most likely wont hire anything till the day of the first night of the event.

Generally Movie World hire all the gear they need for their nighttime events and are kinda limited in what they have on site. They most likely wont hire anything till the day of the first night of the event.

Yeah I've got a feeling these daytime shows aren't involving any of the hired gear, and are more of a 'dress rehearsal' for them to get things right. Naturally when the hire gear arrives (if they're using any), they'll then set that up and continue running the day show to get the kinks in that sorted out.

No matter what the system and who the tech, theres always a kink to work on... nothing ever works right first time without preparation.

Yeah I've got a feeling these daytime shows aren't involving any of the hired gear, and are more of a 'dress rehearsal' for them to get things right. Naturally when the hire gear arrives (if they're using any), they'll then set that up and continue running the day show to get the kinks in that sorted out.

No matter what the system and who the tech, theres always a kink to work on... nothing ever works right first time without preparation.

Yeah exactly. They will most likely be getting hire gear in for the bands as they don't have much if any of the gear you need to mic a band. They will most likely be getting more lights and lasers for their "Dazzling Light Show"

I figured the movers would be AOS (which is why I didn't even consider taking a stab with all that dust!

So i'm assuming the scanners were Riddler's Lair?

Can't even remember it? where was it? anybody got any pics or info?

I brought them all and the scanners are from the old riddler lair and they all still work! The aos movers all work fine they were jut really dusty

At work today I had a customer who is a security guard at movie world . I was speaking to her about Carnivale and she said she got to taste the food that will be offered and she said it is some of the best food she has seen at movie world. She might just be saying that because she works there, but she was pretty convincing.

My partner an I will be renewing our passes so we can go to this, as we are going to New Orleans in August.

But between this, Fright Nights and less so White Christmas, they look to be events heavily borrowed from Universal, would be nice to see them try something new and orginal.

I agree it would be nice for them to try something different Alan, but these 'themed events' have only really taken off here in Aus in the past 5 years or so (ignoring Wonderland's events which were never really outside of normal operations). The overseas parks have been doing hallowe'en christmas spring break etc etc etc for many years.

What sort of event would you like to see them do, that hasn't already been done?

(and I would caution you - there are many well travelled members on these boards that may be able to point you to a park that has already done it!)

i love the attention to detail they're going to now - these ?pole wraps? really give it that finishing touch. they could easily have stuck with generic support poles and saved the money because nobody would really care... THIS is what sets MW apart from Dreamworld in the THEME department.