2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Buzzsaw is a short and rough coaster that makes you think you'll fall out. It is understaffed with 1 operator having to close off 2 seats. The main ride structure doesn't fit into the area. Motorcoaster is an awful out of place ride that completely destroyed the Rivertown area. There is room for a flat ride where the Singray used to be. In the area that they didn't repaint the path. But don't give them ideas...

post-29205-0-17140600-1414232566_thumb.j

post-29205-0-30889600-1414233234_thumb.j

Also "Mine For Sale', tracks a bit unsafe...

post-29205-0-02784700-1414233375_thumb.j

If you thought the Buzzsaw had some scary machinery think again...

post-29205-0-56391500-1414233569_thumb.jpost-29205-0-51779900-1414233580_thumb.jpost-29205-0-41546300-1414233592_thumb.jpost-29205-0-50968400-1414233615_thumb.jpost-29205-0-18759000-1414233629_thumb.jpost-29205-0-28363000-1414233636_thumb.jpost-29205-0-63475000-1414233645_thumb.jpost-29205-0-59065000-1414233667_thumb.j

Edited by Gary86

Rough?? There a nothing rough about Buzzsaw at all. It's one of the smoothest inversions/rolls you'll find. As for feeling like you'll fall out, that's the entire point! The harness system is designed for that freedom of movement sensation. That's a positive feature! Given its a short ride, but the queue is fast moving, and I think the only reason it cops a bad wrap is people think it should be a longer ride/the money could have gone to a proper coaster. what do you mean the ride structure doesn't fit into the area? Are you talking physically or theme wise??

No idea what the point of your photos of the old chairlift towers are? If you are saying they should be removed, yes this has been discussed previously, but it doesn't effect or impact on visitor experience.

It took you 30 minutes to get onto one of the park's newest attractions (and newest roller coaster) on the Friday before the Gold Coast 600? A day where most ticket holders aren't interested in seeing practice and exhibition races, parades of drivers and the like and go... 'well - we're in the gold coast - how about a theme park for the day?'...

It's not Boxing day - but I would imagine the Friday pre-GC600 wouldn't exactly have been quiet. 30 minutes sounds quite reasonable.

I think BuzzSaw is a really good ride. It may not be long, but the sensation of feeling like you'll fall out in great. It picks up a really good speed on the drop down. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ride used to do 2 circuits when it first opened? In peek seasons I think its alright if it only did the first circuit because the queue time would become even longer, but in off-peek it would be good if it did.

I think the only reason people are saying it's a "bad" ride is because it's a short ride.

It packs a lot of punch for something that doesn't seem all that exciting from the outside. I (from memory) was pretty critical of the ride before I had a chance to experience it for myself. Once you get on there, that falling out feeling is awesome and it really gives the ride some kick. If only it was that little bit longer.

It took you 30 minutes to get onto one of the park's newest attractions (and newest roller coaster) on the Friday before the Gold Coast 600? A day where most ticket holders aren't interested in seeing practice and exhibition races, parades of drivers and the like and go

yeh and it was the only ride too claw, wo, rapids, panda we just jumped on. dunno about tot didn't have time since i went to both dw and www. www only thing we had to really wait for was the hydroC again everything else got right in on.

Edited by bladex

yeh and it was the only ride too claw, wo, rapids, panda we just jumped on. dunno about tot didn't have time since i went to both dw and www. www only thing we had to really wait for was the hydroC again everything else got right in on.

No reason for anyone to complain about a 30min queue, especially if it was the only ride all day you had to wait for. Be happy FFS!!

That feeling in your guts is not due to the coaster being rough, it's called speed & G force, and it's intentional. Why are people whinging that a Thrill ride makes you feel uneasy, when that is the entire point!

What time did WWW close? We drove past around 3 and HC and that 8 lane slide both seemed to be off and looking very dry? I would have thought given the weather that they'd be running all day.

Yesterday it closed at 5pm. Even though signs said it closed at 4. I heard someone ask a staff member and she said she's on to 5.

That feeling in your guts is not due to the coaster being rough, it's called speed & G force, and it's intentional. Why are people whinging that a Thrill ride makes you feel uneasy, when that is the entire point!

no that's the feeling when your gut gets smashed into the harness. read the whole post from now on!

Edited by bladex

I can read English, but can't understand rubbish unfortunately, that's where I went wrong with your post...

If the harness was loose enough to allow you to have physical separation between your lower abdomen and the harness (because your gut couldn't be smashing into it if it had contact the entire time) then I would suggest your Harness was not on tight enough.