2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Was it just as confused for cohesion back then as it is now?

The queue is talking about thieves or something. On the ride you see some static models of them with no sound, then there are dinosaurs? I can't recall it all off the top of my head.

Was there any particular story then that made sense? Or was it just Animals/Dinosaurs mania?

With WWW new slide, it could be a slide that had originally planned for, but was delayed to the finical crisis. This is what it says on Wikipedia:

"In October, 2007, WhiteWater World submitted a development application to the Gold Coast City Council to extend the water park. The main feature of the application was a 25-metre (82 ft) tower featuring three new water slides: two Mammoth slides and a Tornado Tantrum Alley. The expansion proposal also featured a lazy river and a large water play area. After two years, the application was approved by the council."

So maybe we might be seeing this tower and one of the slides they had planned for. Or they have got something entirely different and this could be coming the future. But is something like this possible before September.

Edited by themagician

General point of a forum is to actually make comments not just re-post someone's words with highlight.

It you are disagreeing with what I am saying, tell me what you disagree with and your point of view.

Certain: established as true or sure; unquestionable; indisputable

Didn't know you worked for the park sorry.

Sorry reanimated, maybe I wasn't clear enough for you. I also missed the new guidelines that say you have to be employed by one of the parks to contribute here.

I AM certain that WWW will not be expanding to what was planned in the 2007 DA, as was part of the question posed prior to my response.

I also believe that it is unlikely we would see an entirely new tower & slash down pool built by September. Hence my comment that I think the new slide will be on an existing tower, but I am not sure which one it would be.

Thanks again for nitpicking apart my comment.

Its always worth checking out past projects to see how quickly they can get stuff built. At WnW they started demolishing speed coaster at the end of april, and had the aqualoops open by September,...An entire new tower.

Are they doing any work at WWW behind little rippers? They could have started without anyone noticing, since not many on here seem to go to WWW.

Its always worth checking out past projects to see how quickly they can get stuff built. At WnW they started demolishing speed coaster at the end of april, and had the aqualoops open by September,...An entire new tower.

BAM!

Hehehe - Considering they built WnWS in 12-13 months - knocking together a slide tower and associated infrastructure in the next 4 months is quite feasible, especially if the necessary approvals and certifications have already been done. I'm getting a general sense that DW's certifier is a slow lazy lot (whereas VRTP are a lot quicker in filing with council).

A pool can be built from bare earth, and ready to swim in less than a month. Pre-fabricated tower sections (if ready to go) only take a few weeks. I drive past several construction sites on my way to work and i've seen blocks of 50-100 townhouses go up in 4 months.

Considering any new slide is pretty much 'support towers+slippery surface+water pipes+poolsplashdown+filtration' I don't see any reason why they can't get something decent up in the timeframe given.

The lazy river is the only thing I can't see happening as in my opinion the ground work would be more difficult... but anything else is pretty much on the table!