Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All

Sorry it has been a while since my last contribution but I am sure you can all appreciate it is a hectic time of year for us. Aside from the MI2 project we have all sorts of other mini projects going on from the Bumper Boats refurb to renaming of some of other slides, additional shade structures, upgrades to area music, re-surfacing of some of the worst bitumen roads,  new website and e-commerce platforms, a photo kiosk pick up point at Park exit, infrastructure upgrades, little additions to DK,  Platinum season pass details finalisation, payment plans, corporate stuff, WA tourism awards submissions, winter maintenance generally, recruitment,  I could go on....

Generally speaking MI2 is on track, possibly a few days behind but we should be able to pick that pace up. As commented here by some, our thinking is to have a soft launch which gives us time to iron out any operational wrinkles and then officially launch the slide in Mid November.

Our biggest project challenge is going to be reinstatement of grass around the site as you will see, there isn't much left on a fairly large site. Its planned we will turf only the most immediate areas and then plant stolons around the rest which means we should see a good coverage of grass by January.   The last containers of theming arrive today and we should start the install process in the next few weeks All up we believe the install itself will take around 4 weeks.  Opening date still looking like the first week in October.

Looking forward to summer and seeing some of you down here.

Mark

p.s. tried some delicious Beef ribs on Friday and a new Caesar salad dressing, the final piece in our Caesar salad upgrade.

Wow. Look at poor little Shotgun compared to big Mi2.

I cant wait to see it from the top of the hill.

I kind of wished their was a lift hill to move the tubes back to the start like at WnW and WWW, instead of doing the really long walk to the top of the hill like Aqua Racer and Shotgun, but that's how the cookie crumbles :)

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

Wow. Look at poor little Shotgun compared to big Mi2.

I cant wait to see it from the top of the hill.

I kind of wished their was a lift hill to move the tubes back to the start like at WnW and WWW, instead of doing the really long walk to the top of the hill like Aqua Racer and Shotgun, but that's how the cookie crumbles :)

Mate the lift hill is on the plans.

More from AW's Facebook page! (Can you see the convey belt?)

Some shots taken earlier this week as the construction team snaked their way up the hill. Hoping to each the top of the hill today. 
‪#‎nearlythere‬ ‪#‎kwoor‬ ‪#‎massive‬ ‪#‎longest‬ ‪#‎tallest‬ ‪#‎steepest‬ ‪#‎gulp‬

11892109_10153469909874564_8201190095804

11902522_10153469909869564_7948824045594

11887881_10153469909864564_1310805679613

and this was a comment

min height will be 120cm and most suited to over 7s 

and this

Stay tuned, the construction team are just securing the last section in place right now. Will post some later today! 

This slide is coming along fast. 

Edited by Tim Dasco

Good morning.  Guests can take the chair lift to the top....

Mark

Thanks Mark,  are there any developments re increasining the capacity of the chairlift?  I seem to recall last season riders got on every other chair due a lack of riders coming down.  

Personally, I think the walk from the back of the black widow isn't that far so I'd encourage the able bodied to work off their lunch.  

Also, are the Platinum pass details due out soon.

many thanks.