seaworld this weekend

lolman123

Precisely. A gravity fed coaster (take for example Cyclone or Sea Viper) has a sensor at the station exit, and another on the lift hill. The system is programmed to expect the train will reliably take a certain time to travel from one sensor to another.

Where water is involved, many things (including riders rocking the boat) can impact on how long it takes the boat to travel from one spot to the next. If a boat is getting stuck up on the outdoor track, this doesn't mean that it is that outdoor portion of track causing the issue - it can just be boats stacking indoors, causing the occupied blocks to lock out the previous blocks and prevent further boats entering the splashdown until it is cleared.

Just a theory on my part anyhow.

Back to the original topic, I went to Dreamworld yesterday, and it's the most packed I've seen it this year. Spoke to a random in the car park when we got there mid-morning, and they had just left Movie World as it was too busy, and hoping DW wouldn't be so bad.

You would be looking for the Dreamworld thread, Liz.wis

Is it still the issue of getting stuck at the top of the lift hill? The chain slows right down at that point, meaning they could probably reprogram it or something. Then again, don't know where it's getting stuck

Is it still the issue of getting stuck at the top of the lift hill? The chain slows right down at that point, meaning they could probably reprogram it or something. Then again, don't know where it's getting stuck

If a boat is getting stuck up on the outdoor track, this doesn't mean that it is that outdoor portion of track causing the issue - it can just be boats stacking indoors, causing the occupied blocks to lock out the previous blocks and prevent further boats entering the splashdown until it is cleared.

I don't know what the issues are, but if it is as you describe - ie: the chain is slowing right down at the top, it sounds like it is part of the ride's normal operations, wherein the lift chain acts as a block section, and it stops the boat from entering the next section until the appropriate safety gap is attained.

We need a lot more info about where, and how it is 'breaking down'

And it has broken down again, but this time it made the news. It was no different to the other times really.

A ROLLER-COASTER has stopped midway through a ride at a popular Gold Coast theme park this afternoon.

It’s understood that the Storm Coaster at SeaWorld in Main Beach jammed around 12.30pm, with thrill seekers reportedly forced to evacuate using the maintenance stairs.

It’s believed one of the carts, otherwise referred to as ‘boats’, became stalled on a flat section just prior to a big drop.

No one was injured.

It is not the first time the notorious Storm Coaster has broken down midway through a circuit.

Two ‘boats’ became stuck back in March, one of them halfway up a ramp, with people forced to wait up to 30 minutes to be retrieved.

http://www.mygc.com.au/news/people-rescued-from-broken-down-roller-coaster-at-gold-coast-theme-park/

Find it very hard to believe guests were stuck upside down on Pandamonium given the counterweight. It would have to been a 'perfect' equal weight distribution to spot spinning upside down. Even so, guests rocking in their seats would unbalance and cause it do rotate

I honestly don't know how it happened on Pandamonium but it actually did. I'd say it was likely the motor on the arm seized up and locked the gondola in place. I was in the park when it happened, but it truly is a bit confusing as to how it occurred.

Find it very hard to believe guests were stuck upside down on Pandamonium given the counterweight. It would have to been a 'perfect' equal weight distribution to spot spinning upside down. Even so, guests rocking in their seats would unbalance and cause it do rotate

Isn't it a geared drive? I'm pretty sure pandamonium doesn't have free-swinging capability - so if the drive stops turning, it's going to stay in that position, isn't it?

I saw it with my own eyes. It was on my last trip in November before my pass expired. I saw a first aid staff member and a security guard rush to the scene of some girls stuck upside down on Pandemonium (at the same time guests were stuck on The Claw when the floor failed to come up). People were still lining up for Pandemonium even though it was stuck but they did manage to manually get it back down again.