New AOS Show

T-bone

It's not about being as good as anyone. But when you make a post exclaiming you can spell, and proceed to make spelling mistakes in your following posts, it's gonna be noticeable.

Why would I bother making a post about a fictional visit to a website!??

So is the website yours? Or do you just contribute to it?

There is no angst, it's feedback.

If you are going to run a website about a topic you are passionate about, and promote it to enthusiasts of said topic, you can expect feedback whether good or bad.

My feedback related to the content - whilst I didn't visit ever page on the site, none of what I read was original content; and on spelling & grammar on the one page that was author contributed.

If Luke wants to get offended that's his choice, or he could use the vast array of knowledge & experience on the topic that can be found on these forums (I'm not including myself in the knowledgable group compared to most here) to make his website better.

It's great the kid has passion

I don't think Brad has been unreasonable in anything he's said here. He hasn't been overly agressive, offensive or rude - he has tried to make an objective assessment of the subject.

I think the about us has probably 2-3 minor issues that are more 'wrong word' than 'poor spelling' - eg: then than... but apart from that - he's right - you can't talk yourself up about good spelling etc, and then make an error on the next post.

In relation to what I said - about media using good equipment and following rules etc was meant to be tongue in cheek - i've dealt with media in the last two weeks due to the storms, and even major, national networks have had to be told to pull their heads in and stop breaking the rules. Many printonline news media get around with iPhones. It wasn't intended to have a go at anyone in particular.

Yeah...

Bodys -

Canon 70d

Canon 1100d

GoPro Hero 1

GoPro Hero 2

Lenses -

18 - 55mm

18 - 135mm

55 - 250mm

24 - 104mm

50mm Prime

Other Hardware

Battery Grip for both the Body's

Rode Video Mic Pro

MVA502 Manforto Tripod Head with standard Legs

Inca Tripod

Universal Dolly

Than a Mac Book Pro 13inch, 8gb Ram, 500gb SSD for editing

Luke, the presentation of your website is really good except for the spelling mistakes. I liked your coverage of Carnivale and look forward to your review of the full AOS show. I'd rather know what you think than what some PR company wants us to think. Thanks for sharing your insights on this thread.

I think Luke's seen it, but he hasn't posted his review yet.

Trip Advisor is starting to get some reviews in: some very impressed, others not so much.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g658988-d640146-Reviews-Australian_Outback_Spectacular-Oxenford_Gold_Coast_Queensland.html

I have been to the Outback Spectacular before and was invited to see the new show, and I must say that initially i thought - "this will be the all the same".
Well I am so impressed that I took the time to write -- the new show "High Country Legends" is a new level completely and one you should see.
The scenery and use of laser lights against a sand backdrop is very impressive.

versus

Some of the visual aspects were quite beautiful. The singing left me cold. A fair bit of the show was so boring that people were just leaving to go out to the bar. Quad bike racing and horse against bike racing...it was like a bad tv show. A tribute to 1930's circuses was quite pleasing visually but super boring. No doubting the performers are very talented but there were a lot of occasions where things looked confused. A lot of the items just looked like time-filling exercises.

And then there was this one star review:

Never go here again after having been accused of stealing a womans bag, and had our bags searched half way through by security, finding nothing because we didnt do it.

Ouch, but that could have been the old show.

Why so much angst?

If a young fella wants to run a website about theme parks then where's the harm?

Regrettably there are a number of people who post in this forum who seem to have massive chips on their shoulders for some reason.

Given that this site is about fun, it's hard to understand why. I suppose some people just enjoy an argument.

Just block them like I have if they bother you.

Actually my view has been perfectly illustrated in this thread.

The guy posts saying how his website will be reviewing the show bla bla bla and then there has been nothing.

Same as all of this "live updates from white Christmas". There were like 3 posts from the first night and then again, nothing.

Talking up a "multi camera shoot" of the parade which is a hacked together youtube vid of a few somewhat mediocre camera positions.

It's find to call it what it is, an enthusiastic young bloke with an amateur fan site.

But don't pass it off as some big pro operation because it's not.

Actually my view has been perfectly illustrated in this thread.

The guy posts saying how his website will be reviewing the show bla bla bla and then there has been nothing.

Same as all of this "live updates from white Christmas". There were like 3 posts from the first night and then again, nothing.

Talking up a "multi camera shoot" of the parade which is a hacked together youtube vid of a few somewhat mediocre camera positions.

It's find to call it what it is, an enthusiastic young bloke with an amateur fan site.

But don't pass it off as some big pro operation because it's not.

Well that's a fair point.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the new AOS show last night and thought I'd share my thoughts.

Hats off to them for making the effort to add so much new content. I was quite impressed by how much new film they took for it. They still have the old staples like: the helicopter flying in (with a camera attached so people in the audience can see themselves), the audience participation bits (including a mower race), the amazing stunt riders, cliched dialogue (with a bit less battle of the sexes), singing and patriotic bits (like talking about the ANZACs). Some of the major characters have been carried over from the last show too (like Bluey).

The circus bit is colourful, but doesn't really add anything of consequence. The ghost part is kind of wasted as it's at the end of the main course - so you're not quite engaged with it. The ghosts which the stage coach deposit were quite cool and the way Bluey engages with them.

The food had mixed results. The pumpkin soup I found to be really bland. The steak was better than last time, but still not great. The corn was good and so was the apple pie dessert. The service is excellent - the wait staff especially. I quite liked the photo packs you can get as well as the fact you can download more pictures online.

There were some cool new effects, like the electric cowboy outfits. The setting's in the high country, so there was plenty of snow fx and mist. The pictures projected onto the mist were clever too. I hope the riders have ice vests as they're wearing a range of RM William's winter gear - which would be very hot to ride in.

Some people I went with thought it wasn't as good as the last show. It's pretty much on par as far as I'm concerned.

That's an interesting review to hear people preferred the previous show. Everyone I've heard from says they much prefer the new show. It's certainly a higher level of production for sure.

Also the first show that's all new, all new music, film etc that's never been used before.

I can't wait to check it out for myself, it does look fantastic from what I have seen. The effort the seems to have been put refreshing the whole show is outstanding, but I have to admit I will miss the old music soundtrack, I have quite a soft spot for the old Man from the snowy river soundtrack.