Tail Spin now open at Dreamworld

lolman123

Single rider is not pointless, you are notified when waiting that single rider does not mean priority access to board the ride and will only be used when there is a spot for one person. They will not and should not be getting people from single rider when needing two or more people, the only time this should happen is if there isn't a group of two at the front of the main queue. Which would you prefer, a queue where one person can easily be grabbed from or them standing there calling for one person then that one person having to fight their way through the queue to get on the ride. The system is not broken, if you want preferential treatment when queuing for a ride then make use of the Q4U system, it is the only way you will get priority access.

So in 2 posts Ninja pointed out it was great that the single rider line was fixed, and he got on quicker, before stating its useless and should be gone.

No idea what you were explaining about the times?

As for 'taking in the view' from Tailspin due to being up high, I'd probably lean towards doing that on GD where you have a better view and nothing else to do but look around

For a ride that only takes 12 at a time and runs 20-odd cycles an hour, the added time required to manage a single rider queue on top of the regular queue would likely reduce efficiency with slower cycles more than it adds in filled seats. It's a noble move by Dreamworld, but a bizarre choice of ride to implement such a system.

Single rider queues only really have tangible benefits on rides with frequent dispatches -- say 15-20 second intervals -- and dedicated groupers to keep things moving.

With the whole counting thing I meant that I thought it'd be difficult to keep count while on the ride but I stand corrected, it isn't too difficult after all. In fact, I counted a total of 55 revolutions in one ride which is kinda ridiculous for how long the cycle runs.

Anyway, I'll have some more Tailspin photos here in the morning for you guys.

Tailspin - September 23, 2014

Can't get enough of Tailspin, here are some more photos of it:

15331765795_007340790d_k.jpg

The ride has a large presence in Ocean Parade.

15145602937_92c17a7c39_k.jpg

The entrance looks great.

15309090726_65d2cbcf7d_k.jpg

Really like the logo.

15332116465_728381b578_k.jpg

For all you curious souls.

15145697237_cf510b5402_k.jpg

They've had merchandise on sale opposite the entrance.

15145474129_14d20bda56_k.jpg

Prior to takeoff.

15145806727_6d179a37b0_k.jpg

The 'docks' look really good.

15145729037_98862c1fb6_k.jpg

Unsure how long the colours on the planes will last.

15145546330_12b1289eea_k.jpg

It's good for now though.

It was busy yesterday but the lines were still manageable. These were the waits I remember:

- The Claw: Within 2 cycles

- Wipeout: First cycle

- Pandamonium: Within 2 cycles

- Tailspin: 25-30 minutes

They're the rides I did but no other queues looked any worse (apart from the obvious TOT2 and Cyclone). It wouldn't be a bad decision to visit now.

IMO a single rider queue should only branch off quite sloe to the ride. Otherwise there is no point because they either queue tonnes longer or tonnes less than they normally would. It should be a fair way to make sure the cars are in full capacity.

Single Riders don't usually have to go in the Single Rider Queue Line it's just an option You are allowed to go in the general queue line even if you are single rider . That's what I have been doing since last Tuesday Edited by The_Ninja_59

Single Riders don't usually have to go in the Single Rider Queue Line it's just an option You are allowed to go in the general queue line even if you are single rider . That's what I have been doing since last Tuesday

Of course. What I am saying is that they shouldn't start a Single Rider Queue from the beginning of the queue. It just makes it too complex. IIRC the MotoCoaster has what I suggest when I went on it in 2009...

IMO it is simply ridiculous that queueing in a Single Rider queue should take longer than in a normal queue. It also shouldn't be drastically shorter. Therefore the solution is to put the single rider queue towards the loading zone after queueing in a normal queue for a bit :)

Why should the single rider queue be specifically faster? It's all about luck. If you're a single rider and you happen to have a group of 3 waiting for a 4 person car then you're in, if not, you keep waiting.

On a ride like TS, I don't see the need for it as it's not like you're sitting next to your mate anyway.

Why should the single rider queue be specifically faster? It's all about luck. If you're a single rider and you happen to have a group of 3 waiting for a 4 person car then you're in, if not, you keep waiting.

On a ride like TS, I don't see the need for it as it's not like you're sitting next to your mate anyway.

I agree for Tail Spin. I am just talking about in general :)

In general, rides where you ride in a specific number, or assigned rows, having single rider queues means you can fill the seats that aren't sat together by using the single rider queue (SRQ) -

for example - Green Lantern sits 4 abreast. Groups of 3 leave a single empty seat. The car is leaving the station with or without that seat filled, but the park can keep the wait time down for everyone by offering single rider.

Without a SRQ, the single rider you would have put on the ride is queuing in the main queue. When it comes their turn to ride (in the main queue) they take a single, and perhaps a couple gets on next to them, and then you're left with another single seat to fill.

The point is that when a single is available, if a SRQ is in operation, the ride op can just call the person at the front of the SRQ directly to the seat vacant because the op knows a person in that queue is a single, rather than walking down the main queue calling out for a single rider which can take time firstly for the single to notice, put their hand up and then make their way down the queue line to the front.

This is especially important on multi-carriage operation such as Scooby or Green Lantern to avoid a backlog on the brake run. However (as has been discussed ad nauseum) it isn't appropriate on a ride like TailSpin where each seat is a single.

(And no - Scooby and Green Lantern don't have SRQ - I was just making them the example)

In general, rides where you ride in a specific number, or assigned rows, having single rider queues means you can fill the seats that aren't sat together by using the single rider queue (SRQ) -

for example - Green Lantern sits 4 abreast. Groups of 3 leave a single empty seat. The car is leaving the station with or without that seat filled, but the park can keep the wait time down for everyone by offering single rider.

Without a SRQ, the single rider you would have put on the ride is queuing in the main queue. When it comes their turn to ride (in the main queue) they take a single, and perhaps a couple gets on next to them, and then you're left with another single seat to fill.

The point is that when a single is available, if a SRQ is in operation, the ride op can just call the person at the front of the SRQ directly to the seat vacant because the op knows a person in that queue is a single, rather than walking down the main queue calling out for a single rider which can take time firstly for the single to notice, put their hand up and then make their way down the queue line to the front.

This is especially important on multi-carriage operation such as Scooby or Green Lantern to avoid a backlog on the brake run. However (as has been discussed ad nauseum) it isn't appropriate on a ride like TailSpin where each seat is a single.

(And no - Scooby and Green Lantern don't have SRQ - I was just making them the example)

Green Lantern manages their Single Riders quite well as they get groups of 5 or so so that they can have them ready. I think SRQ are great and essential for smaller coasters, I just believe that the queue should form closer to entry.

Will be honest and say when I have been on Green Lantern they get groups of four, never seen a group of five arranged on the off chance they are needing a single rider. It also makes no sense on a ride that is four groups of four when grouped to have a group of five in the mix.

I don't mean like that. I mean that they take 5 at a time from further up in the queue and then put them through one at a time. That way they don't have to yell down the queue every time the cars pull in.

And yes, Batwing is particularly good for Single Rider, as is Arkham Asylum.