Fright Nights - 2015

Quite a few people have been commenting about the price on MWs FB post of the announcement of the panic rooms, and a lot of them are saying how expensive it is. $80 is really steep for it, especially if you wanted to do more than one of them. But you probably wouldn't get a chance to do them all as well as the mazes, unless you paid for the fast track maze pass. The panic rooms pricing is alright if you only do one and there are 4 of you, that's $20 each, which isn't too bad. I think they will be a great experience but can't imagine them all being a sell out every night for that price.

Trapped at Knott's last year was $60 for up to 6 people, and that must have had at least 10 rooms that required escape from if memory serves right. It's not good value at all, I might be tempted to try one out of curiosity, I'm waiting to see what the people I'm going with think.

I wonder what they'd do if you fronted up alone to do one and you've paid for it?

When myself and a few mates were planning a trip to the Gold Coast, we had a discussion about whether or not to do the escape hunt at southport. In the end we decided to not give it a go, because we were scared we would fail and just waste our money ? Obviously you still get the experience, but if you were not able to escape the room, I would leave feeling sad & incomplete. 

The thing to remember is that these rooms are for a small group, and each one takes time to go through - the rides do hundreds of people per hour... so do the mazes.

the panic rooms wouldn't achieve anywhere close to triple digits - but it still requires staff to man - so they are going to be an expensive addition. They're a great idea, but the cost of putting them on has to be passed on to the punters experiencing it... unless everyone going to FN wants to subsidise it with an increased ticket price... whether they use it or not...

User pays is totally suitable, and i'm fairly confident that the price will drop if it doesn't prove popular... but i'm fairly confident that it will.

The Panic rooms take 2 groups per hour (according to the booking engine), so they're earning $160 / hour for 5 hours, $800 a night. I find that hard to believe that will cover costs unless multiple groups can be in there simultaneously. I'm ineterested to see how big these things are and it sounds like they will be occupied by multiple scareactors, maybe they will be like mini-mazes; or just a backyard shed.

All will be revealed soon.

The Panic rooms take 2 groups per hour (according to the booking engine), so they're earning $160 / hour for 5 hours, $800 a night. I find that hard to believe that will cover costs unless multiple groups can be in there simultaneously. I'm ineterested to see how big these things are and it sounds like they will be occupied by multiple scareactors, maybe they will be like mini-mazes; or just a backyard shed.

All will be revealed soon.

x4 rooms is $3200. Even if they had 4 scare actors per maze, 16 in total, at $30p/hr (unlikely to be that high) that's $800 profit each night, 10 nights that's $8000. I doubt the infrastructure used to build the panic rooms would come to that. 

x4 rooms is $3200. Even if they had 4 scare actors per maze, 16 in total, at $30p/hr (unlikely to be that high) that's $800 profit each night, 10 nights that's $8000. I doubt the infrastructure used to build the panic rooms would come to that. 

4 actors per maze or per panic room?

After doing some research on Nova's website - turns out Mitsy and Lutsy went into one of the mazes ( with the bush setting and zombies everywhere my bet is that it's Wyrmwood. ) Might go into the park quickly to see if there are changes in Main Street etc ( and no I'm not sneaking into anywhere just in case you guys were wondering. I'm not that foolish hahaha )

Does anyone have any idea what the structure is across from SDSC? Any thoughts? Panic room or ..?

well for starters all the panic rooms will be in the Main Street.. I would say that the structure would be an extension to the Dirty Harry Bar. Can't see it being utilised for Fright Nights..

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Good to see the Scare Precincts advertised and getting attention not just the mazes. Looking forward to seeing what the precincts will turn out like and how much effort they will put towards detail and decoration- Abandoned vehicles could look great to replicate a chaotic end of world scene as well as potential for actors to jump out from behind.

sjc.thumb.PNG.1356d1dc33d3fae598b908d19e