Carnivale 2016, Movie World, Sea World & Wet'n'Wild

Theme Park Girl

11 hours ago, downunder196 said:

Has anyone had an issue with redeeming the bring a friend free passes online? I've got my free redemption ticket and the bring a friend ticket in my basket and it asked for my pass details twice to validate them. But once I put in the details on one it says it has already been redeemed for the other ticket. Any ideas? 

Give them a call. They can fix it up on their end over the phone! I had some dramas with redeeming one of ours when we had the date changed, but they got it working on their end. You'll just have to pick up the ticket at the entry gate beforehand instead of printing yourself :)

It's a shame they can't come up with an event to fill in the big gap between now (Carnivale) and Fright Nights, since there is a pretty significant 5 month gap between the two, compared to Fright Nights and White Christmas which are less than 2 months apart! Although it goes without saying that it's not Movie World's fault that Halloween and Christmas are traditionally held at the end of the year lol. I guess it makes sense why they pushed Carnivale forward into May this year, to try and help with that gap a bit.

I would have suggested a Winter themed night event to fill in the gap, however White Christmas has already got that covered! I can't think of any other suitable ideas to suggest :huh:

Have to weigh up the costs of running events and the disruption they probably cause and planning they take too. Especially considering its not the only events they hold, what with leasing the park privately. I imagine if they could fit another relevant one in and make it work, they probably would if it meant a good profit.

Edited by Levithian

Well technically Carnivale isn't really a holiday. At least not in Australia, anyway! No idea if it is over in Rio. 

If the door is open to other international events and festivals  of a similar nature, then by all means, new ideas may be limitless ???

ETA: Check these out... 

https://www.flipkey.com/blog/2015/04/29/top-international-festivals-you-shouldnt-miss/

http://www.escapenormal.com/2011/03/29/50-greatest-festivals-in-the-world/

I vote for the tomato throwing festival LOL ??????

Edited by Theme Park Girl

Whilst GC winters are rather timid compared to the southern states, i think the climate may play some part in the lack of night events during winter... 

As for shifting Carnivale to June/July, im not sure attendance would be so great if you needed to line up for 15mins in 10 degree temps for food, nor would the Carnivale dancers in their skimpy costumes be too keen either..

Edited by Brad2912

Well Chinese NY is generally the last week of January or in the first 2 weeks of February, so even if they had it Friday and Saturday nights for 3 weeks during this time. Then they could keep Carnivale around the same time as this year, because, as said it would be tough on the actors with their outfits to perform during Winter.

4-5 weeks post White Xmas is probably a little early to be having another night event. 

I also don't see the attraction to multiple Chinese New Year themed night events. I could see them evolving the day time offering during this period, maybe dragon dancing etc in the week of, but what really do you offer, uniquely, at a night event that will attract people to pay $30-$40 a ticket? Chinese food at Rick's? Fire crackers? 

It would probably be like Carnivale, but with that Chinese twist, so lanterns, dragons, street performers, Chinese food stalls. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think they do all these things during the day, so maybe they could introduce them in the future. Or  maybe they could do an evening event, but just for the weekend of CNY.

2 hours ago, djrappa said:

The first Carnivale was June. It was freezing, hence the move to earlier in the year. 

True. But even the cold weather hasn't stopped Dreamworld from hosting their annual Screamworld nights during winter months lol.

To be honest, I completely overdressed for the first Carnivale. The nights had just started cooling down a bit, so I wore a shirt and jeans. Then proceeded to melt amongst the huge crowd and numerous flame thrower things used during the parade lol. I wore a dress when I attended two weeks later, and although it was still warm, I was a lot more comfortable! 

So maybe the trick would be to do an event that focuses around heat and fire, so they can pull those flame things out again and keep the crowd toasty... maybe even offer some hot and spicy food options to warm everyone up lol ??

If that foldback wedge hadn't been in the foreground, it would have made for an awesome promotional shot!

On 14/5/2016 at 5:13 PM, reanimated35 said:

What could you even put in? There isn't really any other holiday that works, so that's out. Of course they could just put a random theme in, but what's there that could work?

I'm pretty sure this discussion was had a year or two ago. I made a post listing an option for every month of the year. I'm just too lazy to find it.

The Winter thing is an issue - even Superhero nights wouldn't be great, as many of the superhero costumes are lycra - and no way are we getting people to do that in the dead of winter... But if you got away from the 'lycra costume' issue, I could see MW doing something with a Winter vibe - heartwarming food for the soul, costumes consisting of fur coats etc, get more value out of the snow machines from White Christmas... but I guess if they've already had a poor experience with Carnivale in the cold, they probably don't want to touch that end of the calendar again. I'd like to see something else to fill the gap though - perhaps just not dead in the middle of winter!