Movie World Fright Nights 2016

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

I don't believe it's ever been an age restricted event. It's been 'strongly recommended' or carried some parental advisories, but i've seen parents walking kids and strollers through fright nights, some of whom then came out complaining that it was too scary for their kids...

well duh!

3 hours ago, jcgoldcoast said:

^ He's talking about Maze Presenters & Performers, not the event being age restricted.

Correct JC

although I do wish that there was a couple of Fright Night dates that were for 18+ guests only and they ramped up scares with some added adult related content (scare/theme wise - get your minds out of the gutter....)

i'm thinking primarily more gore in the streets. the mazes do well, but the scare zones are usually just made up \ costumed characters walking intimidatingly. I'd like to see them have prosthetics - missing limb, blood spraying out (non-staining and washable of course). Hell - hire some amputees and do some really funky creative stuff with them.

Exactly as Alex had stated pretty much..

its one thing seeing a costumed person jumping out of the shadows, it's another them jumping in front of you with a fake knife screaming "I'm gonna f**king kill you" and then chasing you. 

A show utilising prosthetics where arms get chopped off and decent levels of blood fx used. 

Maybe a 'hanging' under the Main Street screen to open the night.. Or an execution of some sort 

Edited by Brad2912

On 8/9/2016 at 4:22 PM, da_bazaar_ said:

past 2 years I've worked as a scare actor @ the fright nights. this year I'm just going to go as a customer. Looking forward to what Chris Grue and the team has this year. 

For anyone who wants to apply its up for grabs to audition for the scare actor postions

Any advice for  someone applying? What do they look for? How much acting experience is needed?

Edited by jacob15

On 13/08/2016 at 10:52 PM, jacob15 said:

Any advice for  someone applying? What do they look for? How much acting experience is needed?

Just be yourself, if they bring you for audition than you have a good chance of getting a position since they already looked @ your photo on application, but they will get you just introduce yourself and look at if you fill in certain parts and costumes. may have to act something out if they feel they can fit you a certain character. 

if you have done the Ultimate Terror Tour in previous years it was confirmed on the Star Tour, that you will be in for a big treat for this years tour.

seeing that no one has mentioned this yet, could Krampus be one of the new mazes for this years event? also confirmed the two mazes for this years FN are popular franchises and haven't been done before at FN,

I think it was also stated that one of mazes is based on a recent horror movie franchise that came out a while ago 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Pick one. 

recent:  having happened, begun, or been done not long ago;

The phrase "a while ago" generally means any time before the present not within the last few minutes.

So...

4 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

a recent horror movie franchise that came out a while ago 

Means: A horror movie franchise that was done not long ago but more than the last few months?  So perhaps the last few years?  Since say 2012 ish?

Yeah trying to make sense of it is doing my head in...  Time for some lunch me thinks...

In context, i'm inclined to agree with @reanimated35 on this one.

"A while ago" can vary as you say from not within the last few minutes to several years.

but in context it makes clear the appropriate timeframe - consider this:

1. Hey, Is Jim around here?
    Oh, he was here a while ago, but he left

This implies maybe half an hour, to a couple of hours ago. You wouldn't be talking about Jim being here 5 months ago.

2. When did that movie come out?
    Oh, it came out a while ago

Since movies are released once a week, the length of time a 'while' constitutes would be much longer. If it was this week you wouldn't say a while, nor would you say a while for something that was last week, the week before or pretty well anytime that month.

For movies, i'd use "Recent" to talk about something that had been out in say the last 2-3 months, and 'a while' for anything longer than that - and i'm sure general usage would mostly agree. Some popular films can spent that long screening in a cinema, while others hit DVD not long after.

If you take Krampus for example - it came out in December 2015 in most regions. It's already available on DVD.

I wouldn't class this as recent - but again that all depends on context - it came out recently if you're considering the film industry since inception, but in today's modern world of 'everything and everyone, instantly' it changes.

facade going up one of the buildings it says "open dusk till dawn" looks like From Dusk Till Dawn is going to be one of the big mazes this years event, the second shed for the other maze is being constructed right now as I'm speakingimage.jpeg

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

19 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

facade going up one of the buildings it says "open dusk till dawn" looks like From Dusk Till Dawn is going to be one of the big mazes this years event, the second shed for the other maze is being constructed right now as I'm speakingimage.jpeg

That would be a great maze :) Would be so much fun :P Have movie world ever done a Vampire maze???

3 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

That's a bar. The maze is actually on the other side ?

Yes there is still mazes going into the sheds, but I have good reason to believe that a themed bar/drink outlet (not necessarily alcoholic, either) is being built into that end for convenience of guests, since the new maze sheds are distanced so far away from other park  food and beverage outlets. 

Make of it what you will, but it makes total sense to me ??

50 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Yes there is still mazes going into the sheds, but I have good reason to believe that a themed bar/drink outlet (not necessarily alcoholic, either) is being built into that end for convenience of guests, since the new maze sheds are distanced so far away from other park  food and beverage outlets. 

Make of it what you will, but it makes total sense to me ??

So, it's very unlikely that, that is the maze?