Future Attractions in Australia

Intimidator305.

13 hours ago, pushbutton said:

True perhaps, but I believe there's been at least a couple of big movies shot in the last year or so that were nothing to do with DC Comics. Pirates of the Caribean was one if I'm not mistaken.

Pirates of the Caribbean is a Disney property. Try again!

I dislike it when people say “I want a ride like a Tron ride”.  What they are saying is I want a clone of a ride in my backyard.  What makes a ride unforgettable is an original ride.  I may never get to ride Tron but when I go on holidays I don’t want to be riding the same rides that I can ride at home.

Apart from superheroes, I can only think of Godzilla, Sherlock Holmes and the Hobbit movie series that are best known from Warner Bros. So the future will still be DC Comics for rides.

For the movie feel of old that Push and others miss from MovieWorld, I think the key is a complete overall of the current stunt show.

I would enjoy a more acrobatic style stunt show. There is a movie stunt school on the Gold Coast so surely these people could be utilised.

A story like Oceans Eleven series would be interesting and something I would return for.

If we're talking Movie World, there doesn't have to be rides or attractions themed to movies, it could be more about making movies. I know at one of the Disney parks there is a jedi trainer academy. Something like that, but about making Movies. Maybe you could go in with a group, and they have a fake movie set up and you go through all of the parts to making a movie. Then at the end you get to be in a movie. And to make it that much more exciting, they could do the last part where you're in the movie outside, and have cool effects like explosions and water jets, but within the safety regulations. It would also be set up with multiple stations, like indoor, outdoor. This could take up about an hour and would chew through a fair few of the crowds, if you run multiple groups thorugh, one on indoor, one on outdoor. Something along the lines of the movies. I've always wanted to go behind the scenes on movies, and if they change it around every now and again, like one year its action, the next its thriller, I would come back a lot more. And it would also appeal to all audiences.

Edited by Intimidator305.

8 hours ago, wipeout94 said:

I would enjoy a more acrobatic style stunt show. There is a movie stunt school on the Gold Coast so surely these people could be utilised.

The problem is that the salary of a stunt professional is prohibitive. Someone who can do burnouts can be found in most major shopping centre carparks on a friday and saturday night.

Plus insurance - a guy inside a vehicle fitted with rollcage and wearing a firesuit etc is far cheaper to insure than a guy who throws himself off a building. Yes there is the added cost of insuring a vehicle, but i'm pretty sure a lot of their panel work is done in-house.

32 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

If we're talking Movie World, there doesn't have to be rides or attractions themed to movies, it could be more about making movies. I know at one of the Disney parks there is a jedi trainer academy. Something like that, but about making Movies. Maybe you could go in with a group, and they have a fake movie set up and you go through all of the parts to making a movie. Then at the end you get to be in a movie. And to make it that much more exciting, they could do the last part where you're in the movie outside, and have cool effects like explosions and water jets, but within the safety regulations. It would also be set up with multiple stations, like indoor, outdoor. This could take up about an hour and would chew through a fair few of the crowds, if you run multiple groups thorugh, one on indoor, one on outdoor. Something along the lines of the movies. I've always wanted to go behind the scenes on movies, and if they change it around every now and again, like one year its action, the next its thriller, I would come back a lot more. And it would also appeal to all audiences.

The throughput of an attraction such as that would be ghastly. You'd get what - a group of 20 or so? maybe twice a day? And labour intensive as you'd need experienced professionals showing people how to do various aspects of production, so the labour cost would be phenomenal. Darth vader and a couple of dancers in storm trooper gear is far cheaper.

What movie world needs is something crowd soaking, and infinitely repeatable. HWSD is a 'seen it once, why bother' attraction, whereas PASS could be done again and again. The SFX show was repeatable as the audience interaction differed every time. the studio tour not so much, but depending on productions currently in house, it worked.

I'd like to see them bring back a special effects show, the like of Universal's current efforts. Showstage would be an easy option as the venue is mostly ready to go, and would only need to be fitted out with the various hardware to make a show possible. I realise doomsday does impact that area, but one could easily fit DC into the theme of the show as there would be loads of SFX across the DC films that could be utilised. Of course the fact that the park only has license to the comic and not the film versions is a sticking point but it would still be totally doable.

The final in the Matrix trilogy released in 2003 - 13 years ago.

Consider that PASS was removed from WBMW in 2008, Whilst the last in the series - 'Mission to Moscow' released in 1994 - 14 years after the final film.

Can we try for something that is just a little more current???

edit: oh - let's also try for something that the rights are actually obtainable... ie: nothing that Universal or Disney have already got sewn up?

Obviously my exaggeration has turned this into a which-movies-were-good thread. Of course there were plenty of great trilogies, although there are plenty of others where one movie was made and they easily could've kept it at that (or in the case of the Hobbit, had all three movies as a single one)

30 minutes ago, Prequel said:

Forgot Indiana Jones.

Not a trilogy ;) 

16 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

Some really great ideas there. I'd love that, although I fear they'd make it a pay attraction (which to my way of thinking goes against the whole point of theme parks).