Safety, Memories, Innovation, Laughter, Excitement, Service

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mikrowave. I actually have that same brochure from 1995. I also have a massive 1994 park map PRE space probe. It is from just before the Outback Woolshed was built and describes it as an upcoming attraction. No scanner though yet. Would be interested in seeing a map from before this era... I'm talking 80's. But I'm guessing that no one has anything that early?!

I'll have to get up in my roof and see if I can find my old 'Brochure Bag.' I used to have some of the early on maps from the park, like pre wildlife park, beach and transelvania but not sure if I still have them... Hope I can find them, will keep you posted.

No worries folks, if I find any more I'll scan them in as well. I know I used to have a map from around 89 or so, but I think thats long gone, unless I'm able to unearth my 'brochure bag' somewhere :D It's so great to know there's other geeks out there that had brochure bags as well :D

How funny. Rather than a brochure bag, I have always kept my stacks of brochures in an area on my bookshelf. This is so that I can still access them if I wanna have a little look through. Does that make me the biggest geek? I have brochures on everything from crappy little 70's tourist attractions to the various eras of all our major theme parks

LOL I can't remember how many of those bags broke because of the weight of all those brochures... That was back in the days when I of course too was going to open my own theme park :-p
Now's your chance. I hear Sydney, a large city of 4 million, has none. What a fantastic business opportunity. ZordMaker

Okay guys I just found what is either the original or 2nd park guide. I am told that Zodiac wasn't in the lineup when the park opened so that would mean this must be the 2nd map. I however never wen't to the park without Zodiac so I wouldn't know. This is probably from '86 but its missing the map. I'm gonna have a search and see if I can find another, if not I'll scan the whole thing and post it as a pdf later on.

Well here you go guys. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the old Bag so far so I'll put this up for now. Like I said its an original park 'Fun Guide.' It is however missing the central fold out map which I know you're all keen to see as it shows the park in its original form. The pdf is all the pages of the map and then an extra last page to show the image from the front and back cover together...however it is 12mb in size so I'm going to have to work out where to upload it too. In the meantime here is a quick tease. Hope you enjoy.

Well here tis, all be it still just over 6mb. If someone wants to extract the Jpegs and shrink it they can but I'm one for high quality. Yes the map is missing and I'm pissed about that :-( however I'm sure I have another one in the bag, only hope I still have the bag somewhere! http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~djrappa/Wond...nd_Brochure.pdf

Ill post some photos on the weekend if I can get some spare time, I have a few from the late 80's the paddle boats, stage shows, puppet tree theatre, the old pirate walk the plank shows...etc. the "older" brochure's I think were really imaginative. Cheers Sean.