DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

1 minute ago, Tim Dasco said:

Once all this development finishes I think it will change. AOS, MW, WNW, TG, a hotel and Lakeside precinct all on one property. 

Potentially, but AOS/TG/Hotel & Whatever form the Lakeside precinct takes will still not add to a standard day out at the theme parks (well not without additional expenditure). To be honest the first step in Movieworld turning the family tide in their direction will be revamping WB kids to a level similar to Nickelodean Land at SW. They have the room to do so. 

5 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Potentially, but AOS/TG/Hotel & Whatever form the Lakeside precinct takes will still not add to a standard day out at the theme parks (well not without additional expenditure). To be honest the first step in Movieworld turning the family tide in their direction will be revamping WB kids to a level similar to Nickelodean Land at SW. They have the room to do so. 

I totally agree. Thats why in my early post I said if the expanded WB kids to have a few more kids rides or family flat rides will help them out. Considering they can't do a massive dark ride like LTRR now that they built the driving school. They need to at least add something to try and rival DW's family/kids selections and I think this is most likely what we will see after the roller coaster.

Regarding what you say about AOS/TG/Hotel and so on. It would really depend on what passes VRTP offer. Lets say if someone was going to the GC for a holiday. They stay at the hotel on the property. If VRTP include in the hotel price entry to MW, SW, WNW, AOS, TG (maybe once or twice ticket), and whatever else they build would be attractive to tourist. (It might be an add on to the hotel price for those who want it) They could even offer early entry to MW for hotel guest. If they add a transport option from the hotel to SW would help. (Maybe a bus that runs a few times throughout the day for a certain price) So lets say your staying in the hotel for the week. In your hotel price you can go to anywhere on VRTP's property as many times as you like in the week. Expect maybe limited to 1 or 2 goes on TG. By doing this they are encouraging you to stay on their property the entire trip. Including meals maybe if they built a restaurant outside the theme parks. You would be spending extra money on all your meals, souvenirs, games on top of paying for the stay. It could be great for VRTP's pocket.

Agree Tim that an integrated resort would be amazing for tourists. 

I guess I'm looking at it from a locals perspective, given that's what I am. 

I'd like to think in 2018/19 once we have got past the launch of the new coaster that Kids offerings will be the next step. I think JDS is a great kids addition to the park, and RRR is a great kids/family coaster, but the rest of the offerings are poor/out of date. 3-4 new attractions would breathe life into that area and be a massive drawcard for families 

I think either kids offerings or family offerings. Like family flat rides that even small kids can go on will be MW's focus after the new roller coaster. Lets just look at the past:

• 2017/2018 roller coaster
  • 2016 Doomsday Destroyer
  • 2014 Junior Driving School
  • 2012 Justice League
  • 2011 Green Lantern

Yes there are some family/kids attractions JL and JDS. However in that period there has been 2 major thrilling roller coasters and a semi thrilling flat ride. So I think its safe to say some family/kids rides should be on their way after the new roller coaster. Speaking of JDS I wonder if we will see DD and the villains unleashed area added at some stage.

Edited by Tim Dasco

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

Once all this development finishes I think it will change. AOS, MW, WNW, TG, a hotel and Lakeside precinct all on one property. 

Don't forget Paradise Country :)

45 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

If they add a transport option from the hotel to SW would help.

And don't forget Sea World Nara Resort. In addition to a pass that allows access to everything on the Entertainment Road property, it could include 1 night's stay at Nara Resort (combined with SW entry) followed by 3/4 nights at Entertainment Road so you can stay & enjoy everything. Assuming VRTP is the only thing you do on a GC holiday, think of it like this in itinerary format:

• Day 1 afternoon: Arrival at GC, check in at Nara Resort
  • Day 2 morning/afternoon: Check out of Nara Resort & visit Sea World
  • Day 2 evening: Travel to Entertainment Road (whether private/public transport or via a VRTP special bus) & check into Entertainment Road hotel
  • Day 3/4/5 - Do everything at Entertainment Road
  • Day 6: Check out of Entertainment Road hotel & leave GC.

15 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I don't mean it needs a massive indoor section. Just something small like a pre lift section to set up the story line. Like lets say the coaster is a launched coaster themed to the Flash. (Just using this as an example as some people have suggested this) The small pre-launch section could have a few scenes relating to the flash before the launch. This is only an example. I am not meaning a massive indoor section.

Like if you took SE's indoor section away. Would people still say it's the best roller coaster in Australia?

TBH - given the location, an indoor section would just appear wrong for me - you'd have this hulking great shed \ building right out on the driveway - which has very little WOW factor compared to a spideweb of track.

But - if they do want to do something, I think a 360 degree projection room just long enough to fit the coaster train - such as Manta in Sea World San Diego - would be perfect.

14 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I stand corrected! :P

9 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

And don't forget Sea World Nara Resort. In addition to a pass that allows access to everything on the Entertainment Road property, it could include 1 night's stay at Nara Resort (combined with SW entry) followed by 3/4 nights at Entertainment Road so you can stay & enjoy everything.

Erm... the place hasn't been Nara in donkeys years. It became Sea World Resort, and then, Sea World Resort and Water Park.

11 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

This would be great @Jamberoo Fan. From MW's prospective not DW's prospective. But for VRTP to encourage people to come and stay at their property and not go to other parks or hotels. 

Yeah I'd like to stay on property, it's so convenient for night events like Fright Nights when there's limited public transport options to get back to accommodation in surfers. I just booked a cabin at the Holiday Park across the road from MW as I'm only doing MW for the whole weekend in a couple of weeks. 

And if this coaster truly is the world's best, I might want to stay there for a while lol.

Edited by downunder

Just drove past the site (on the M1 at 110km/h so no photos..) couple of concrete pumps being used towards the front end of the development (Entertainment Rd).

also, unrelated but may as well pop it here, they were working on the old Super 8 slide tower, they were painting the roof frame (either from white to blue or blue to white - sorry not familiar with its original base colour)

Thanks for the update TPG!

52 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

unrelated but may as well pop it here, they were working on the old Super 8 slide tower, they were painting the roof frame (either from white to blue or blue to white - sorry not familiar with its original base colour)

Roof? Or structure?

Roof previously was a blue and white alternating checker.

Frame was always a deep blue.

racer roof.png

This is what the frame looked like back on 22 September - how does it look compared to what you saw today?

racer frame.png

8 hours ago, AlexB said:

TBH - given the location, an indoor section would just appear wrong for me - you'd have this hulking great shed \ building right out on the driveway - which has very little WOW factor compared to a spideweb of track.

I'd always imagined them adding a new show building immediately next to Justice League. I'm not familiar with the Justice League ride but if it has the same exit as the Batman Adventure rides, they could make a new themed internal exit within such a new show building. It would also allow a new themed queue (or pre-ride segments) for the rollercoaster as well as house the station & any possible dark ride sections. Being in that location would also allow it to blend into the Justice League show buildings. Given an extra DA was submitted for a new sound stage (not Sound Stage 9) - it could possibly be for that.

The only thing is the staff road/security gate located there - maybe it can be built into the show building, diverted around/under the rollercoaster or converted into a rollercoaster maintenance yard? I don't know how important that road currently is to MW/Village Roadshow Studios operations.

ShowBuilding.jpg

The land south of the security gate could also possibly hold a show building but that would mean it would be separate from the Justice League show buildings.

8 hours ago, AlexB said:

Erm... the place hasn't been Nara in donkeys years. It became Sea World Resort, and then, Sea World Resort and Water Park.

Ah, yeah, I forgot. I'm so used to calling it Nara Resort. You all know what I mean though anyway.

JL does not exit from the same spot as BATR. Perhaps you could use the plethora of maps that has been uploaded recently from Nearmap (the Magician did a great Zip file a few days ago) that actually has all the updates, so you could work from that.

Looking at the latest images, there is merit in the idea. The entrance was always going to have to come between GL and JL3D, so I think we all figured that driveway was going to be deleted, since the studio entrance does actually run in next to AOS...

We haven't seen much in the way of works over in that area, and i'd almost overlooked it, but your post prompted me to look closer, and I found that there is now temporary fencing blocking that roadway. Chances are the stationhouse will be situated in that area, but I don't think we're seeing a showbuilding, and my thinking is more something like GL's station.

BATR.png

I actually hope it's not anything like GL's station or queue. To me, GL seems too temporary and out of place. It's almost like the ride is an afterthought, or even a travelling ride that's just been whacked in some empty space. I guess I prefer something with a little substance, theming etc. rather than just an RCT3-style station with a queue leading up and a path leading out, and that's about it.

If this roller coaster really is going to be a world drawcard, I would like to see it well-themed and carefully thought over. To me, that's WBMW's strength compared to DW. The theming is always strong and makes sense, with the exception of GL and BWSS. I really hope there is at least some effort (eg. a show stage or a substantial sort of queue/entrance/surrounding area) put into this coaster.

The GL stationhouse IS themed. it may not be elaborately or immersively themed, but it IS themed.

A good quality top notch coaster stands on its own. it doesn't need something to be truly immersive - and TBH most coasters of the scale we're talking here generally don't provide an immersive theme, because that is usually obliterated the moment you leave the station.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic