joz

Let's be honest about Topgolf

Top Gold interest - be honest  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would you care about Top Golf if it wasn't being built by Village Roadshow next door to Movie World?

• Yes - I'd make visiting a priority no matter who built it
    • Yes - But I probably wouldn't end up getting around to going for ages
    • No - I like theme parks, the only reason I'm following it is because it's being done by a theme park company
    • The fact Village Roadshow is involved is actually putting me off because you know they'll do it on the cheap compared to the overseas ones
    • Don't care about Top Golf, wish they hadn't wasted new coaster money on it

82 posts in this topic

I recently visited the new driving range opposite Metricon stadium. 

It has 2 levels you can shoot from and has a small, basic, but quite nice cafe. There's also a good golf shop, and ample easy parking.

It's very cheap at just $7 for a small bucket of balls, or $14 for a large one. If you don't bring your own clubs they can be hired for a few dollars each. 

I don't know the prices for Topgolf yet but I expectthis place is significantly cheaper.

It has a really nice relaxed and friendly atmosphere. 

Within the same complex there's also mini golf,  tennis, and a few other activities available. 

Considering how close to Topgolf it is,  this place is likely to remain my favourite driving range. 

That said, I will definitely check out Topgolf to compare.

Edited by pushbutton

7 hours ago, Richard said:

I think it's a genuine question and I don't see anyone saying that theme park fans or pages are wrong for being interested in this.

I do think it's an interesting topic because even other nearby VRTP offerings like Paradise Country, Australian Outback Spectacular, Wet'n'Wild Buggy don't get much mention in this community. Granted Topgolf certainly has more of an appeal to this audience than PC or AOS, but things like WnW Buggy seem like they'd be a fit too.

[snip]

Going to take a stab at it: Top Golf is shiny, new and carrot-dangled in front of us. Next big thing type hype.

Perhaps?

WnW buggy was new once too, but I don’t recall it getting a heap of airtime here. Is it still even running? Tbh I don’t know anyone personally that done it, or heard about it in ages. I guess out of site out of mind - bit harder to miss Top Golf

Topic that might jolt the old memory @Brad2912

On 2/3/2017 at 4:25 PM, Parkz News said:

Embrace your Wild side with Wet'n'Wild Buggy

wnwbuggy-9842.jpg

The first of its kind experience is now open on the Gold Coast. Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast is embracing its wild side as it goes all-terrain with the launch of Queensland's first driving adventure park, Wet'n'Wild Buggy.

Click here to continue reading

Edited by Skeeta