Superman: Ride of steel

GoGoBoy

posted by pantherfan

I have been working with penny from movieworld
I work at the park and dont know any penny but its a big company. also the park has let the public know they are getting Superman and has labeled it a accelerator coaster. You need to remember we coaster fans want to know elements ect but the general public only care that it something new and goes fast. and word of mouth will get more people visiting to ride this amazing coaster. Now I know most of layout but think the project needs to be shown by construction photos as it will blow you away more this way and add to the anticipation of the opening of this great coaster. also I cant say too much till my bosses give me the okay. But after seeing the artist concept and stats can confirm Superman should make the top 10 list of world coasters when it opens.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they don't spend too much money on pre-ride films and things. The one thing I hate about Movie World is having to watch the films before Lethal Weapon and Wild West. Once you have seen them once you don't have to see them again. And so long as they can keep a quick flow of riders through the ride to cut back on waiting times unlike that dreadful cyclone I will be happy.

It is no longer a requirement to watch the Lethal Weapon or Wild West Falls pre-ride entertainment video before you board the ride. With Lethal Weapon you just walk through the "cinema" room and onto the ride. The Wild West Falls video screen has been removed (not sure when this happened but it may have been after the re-branding process). I think the pre-ride entertainment on Superman Escape will be similar to Scooby-Doo. It will have something to entertain you but you are not forced to watch it. Can't wait to see the dark ride section.

I'm not a big fan of pre-ride videos etc unless they work. The last time I was at MW in 2002, the WWF falls video was not working, though LW was and was quite boring. I felt it detracted from the ride. This was the test weekend of the SDSC. Lots of fun to ride a new attraction in the testing phase.

The Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster has two cinema screens located in each corner of the main queuing room (which is themed to a huge castle hall) that you can watch as you wind through the queue. Attached is a picture of the room, it shows only one half of the room - the picture was taken near the exit hallway that leads to the boarding station. Good to see it's your favourite ride Matty :P