Superman: Ride of steel

GoGoBoy

hehehe . I've been following that one, bemused and dismayed, but soooo glad to read and talk to others about one of my greatest loves. We did 7 months OS in 2004, husband (coaster heathen and theme park alien), daughter (15yo coaster enthusiast), son (12yo budding enthusiast but not so daring) and myself. If daughter and myself were travelling, we'd have clocked up 50 coasters, but as it was we had to manipulate and beg hubby to get to- Knott's, Universal Studios, Alton Towers, Disneyland Paris and Legoland Detschland. I may be the only one on this forum who has ridden Spinball Whizzer! Favourites of course Air, Oblivion, Xcelerator. Great to meet you. Caroline

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is probably the last off topic post before we all get hit by a bolt of lightning but I like to live on the edge :P That's weird to hear you had to keep running around for Xcel. I was there in October and hit the ride 42 times in my 5.5 hours at the park. We were welcome to re-ride all day long so I'm surprised to hear that you had to go around the extremely long que. What do you think of the Xcel ride crew? I recon they are some of the best ride Ops I've come across yet... See http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/sh...55&postcount=14

Wow! Did you ride anything else? What about Boomerang? It was closed when we were there- so annoyed. We rode Jaguar a fair few times, more my son's style, and Montezuma's though I didn't think much of that. We couldn't stay on as there were always enough people for the next ride or two. Can't really say about the crew, didn't notice, but we did like Americans in general, found them friendly and helpful. C'ya Caroline

Knott's would be in my top three parks, but Montezooma is one of my favourite rides... it was the first launched coaster I ever rode on... boy were we NOT expecting it to go forwards first... we'd come from riding the demon at wonderland, and expected it to lift us back and then drop us.... lol. it was a shock believe me... As far as boomerang... its identical to wonderland's demon... Boomerang was closed when we went there too, and we were surprised to see a clone of demon, because we weren't aware that the boomerang design was mass produced at the time...

Not 100% sure about that, but I guess the company would employ a local firm to construct the ride due to the cost of shipping all the ride from overseas. If the ride was shipped from overseas, we would be lucky to see a new ride every 10yrs due to the cost, but this is only my opinion and the original post states that it is only a RUMOR at this stage.

Not really, they do that in europe, but many manufacturers fabricate the track in the countries that they will be built in, for example Bolliger and Mabillard do the track for their american rides in Ohio. I imagine that things like the seats and restraints are made in one place due to the complicated nature of them.

Think that we could get this back on topic please people, and on that note, I have received several RUMORS that a welding company in NSW has started an order for some new coaster track.  Hope it is for the Super Coaster! Any other thoughts?
Do you know where this company is located in NSW? Or the name of it? I work in the welding indursty and could get some info.

Dunno, yellow pages maybe? do you have access to any trade magazines, which could hold some info. Personally, i was hoping that if it was being made in Australia that it would be done at the foundry in my town, Furphys, i could have got some pics for everyone. Where did you get the rumours from thunder001?