New VRTP App

Park Addict 93

On 23/12/2019 at 2:38 PM, Naazon said:

Mine worked using the Order ID (from the email) and my email address, not the One Pass number.. I tried to add my partner and her sons passes using her order ID and email and it didn't work though.

Mine is not working for my unlimited pass unfortunately... I've tried every different email we have and the order ID and receipt ID and nothing 😕

On 23/12/2019 at 8:23 AM, Adventures With JWorld said:

Mobile Ordering is not a feature not yet enabled on the build of the app and might be coming in a future update but today is the first sight of this coming to the app 

Introducing Village eSerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve!

On 27/12/2019 at 5:40 PM, Jordan M. said:

VRTP kinda botched the release by publishing it to the app stores when it is supposed to be in testing.

Virtual Que is only at MW currently, WNW is doing a test early in January.

I wouldn't say its been botched... Its pretty common for an overseas park to quietly release a product or offering without it operating at full capacity or without any formal announcement. In my personal opinion its a clever strategy, allow the app to do its thing then continue to monitor the behavior and usage behind the scenes. 

4 hours ago, S.W24 said:

I wouldn't say its been botched... Its pretty common for an overseas park to quietly release a product or offering without it operating at full capacity or without any formal announcement. In my personal opinion its a clever strategy, allow the app to do its thing then continue to monitor the behavior and usage behind the scenes. 

They should advise as such, in the app store description or/and on first launch. Just as soft ride openings are often advised as such.

I have taken advantage of the Virtual Que a lot at MW and am certainly happy the app is available "as is". However it should be noted that it is not 100% functional or else they risk people being unhappy the app is "broken". This includes some people unable to use Virtual Que whatsoever as their pass is unable to be added.

Other than MW's response to a single Facebook post they have not said the app is in testing.

Edited by Jordan M.

50 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Nor have they posted or advertised telling everyone to go and get the app and use it. 

Just because a couple eager enthusiasts went and grabbed a copy of the app doesn’t mean they’ve botched anything. 

Imagine you are a family on holidays about to visit Sea World, knowing it is the busiest time of the year you want to be prepared so you google "Village Theme Park App". The top Google result brings you to https://themeparks.com.au/download-app . 

This page advertises "Reserve your ride ahead of time so you can fit even more fun into your day." . You scan/manually enter your ticket details and are happy your visit will be somewhat less stressful being able to reserve your ride and view wait times.

When you arrive at the park the app states everything is closed or full, another part of the app says wait times are only 5 mins. You go to enter the ride and it is in fact an hour. Are you happy with VRTP at this point? Would you be more understanding if the app was advertised as in testing?

The app isn't restricted to enthusiasts, I saw many tourists using it at MW and some staff are even proactively telling guests about it. 

10 hours ago, Jordan M. said:

some staff are even proactively telling guests about it. 

You know you don’t count as staff, right?

As for testing a new product, let’s not pretend village didn’t just purchase this off the shelf from another developer or park that already had it working. Shouldn’t need to be tested much as a result, and the issues with reliability or accuracy are probably more to do with the fact that the person whose job it is to keep it updated, probably isn’t doing it properly.

7 hours ago, djrappa said:

Let’s be honest here. NO ONE is Goggling “Village Themeparks” anything 😜

Fair point 😂

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

As for testing a new product, let’s not pretend village didn’t just purchase this off the shelf from another developer or park that already had it working. Shouldn’t need to be tested much as a result, and the issues with reliability or accuracy are probably more to do with the fact that the person whose job it is to keep it updated, probably isn’t doing it properly.

Even if it is an off the shelf system (the Virtual Que aspect certainly is) evidently there is still work to be done with some One Passes and Memberships not working.

2 hours ago, westical said:

Does the app work for membership holders? Confirmation appears too old to obtain a valid order number. 

Have yet to hear of anybody being able to add memberships to the system.

I'm sure all will be revealed in due time. In all honesty I think we should be pleased that VRTP are actually taking the time to roll out a product in due course rather than rushing it the week before peak period and telling the world! They've already had two failed attempts at an app, this looks and sounds like it will suit the parks quite well!

Pretty sure iv seen a similar app at Knott's Berry Farm....

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

An update came out this week, for COVID and the parks reopening, but now that we can add passes into the app, we can finally see when the  pass expires, rather than needing to go into the park and asking guest services. The expiry date is also updated to include the extension they are providing 

• Like 2