White Christmas 2020

themagician

3 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

So you agree we should vote WA off the mainland and force NT and SA into the east coast timezone?

Haha, I only look after the east coast and NT so it doesn’t fuss me what the rest of the country do. It’s mainly the nsw/QLD border that is a pain as we run events either side and having staff on either side and logistically it’s a nightmare from pretty much October to March 

18 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Haha, I only look after the east coast and NT so it doesn’t fuss me what the rest of the country do. It’s mainly the nsw/QLD border that is a pain as we run events either side and having staff on either side and logistically it’s a nightmare from pretty much October to March 

Before @AlexB gets wind of a debate about daylight savings, I'll just say that I hate it too, only because it's not implemented east coast wide. Pick one and stick with it. 
I guess this means @Tim Dasco gets to stay as part of the mainland then. 

• Like 1

On 28/11/2020 at 10:28 AM, aussienetman said:

My understanding is the next door neighbours have an issue with the noise of wwf after hours

Ha. The neighbours have an issue with noise at any hour, which is why West has a scream shield fitted to the western side of the drop.

As for after hours, It's also why the neighbours all get nice little letters any time there's a night event advising them of the hours, and free tickets to attend the event if it isn't a private one.

On 28/11/2020 at 10:12 PM, Brad2912 said:

Pretty sure we have enough daylights from 5am to 6:30pm every day at the moment 

Here's the thing for Queensland as a state though - Brisbane (and SEQ) sits further east than Sydney, but the western edge of Queensland is further west than any part of NSW. VIC sits entirely within that area. The point is, the sun rises over SEQ first, which is why we have daylight prior to 5am. That time is utterly wasted on the broader populace.

But for those in say, Mt Isa - they'd be dark until 7am if QLD as a state switched over. I'm a HUGE advocate for SEQ moving to DST, but I entirely understand why it doesn't work as a state. The line from Sydney goes up somewhere through Rockhampton, but i'd support a line North-South through Mackay if SEQ was to ever go to DST.

image.png.65036e26c7d818ff1f6b1d31a196fb3c.png

On 28/11/2020 at 10:33 PM, Gazza said:

only squares want to get up that early anyway....

Only Squares would use Squares to describe Squares these days... ;)

12 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

So you agree we should vote WA off the mainland and force NT and SA into the east coast timezone?

I don't think we needed a timezone discussion for it to come to this. I'm supportive!

8 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

Before @AlexB gets wind of a debate about daylight savings, I'll just say that I hate it too, only because it's not implemented east coast wide.

You do know me too well.

Edited by AlexB

2 hours ago, Naazon said:

Just do what China does and say 1 timezone for the whole country regardless

The problem with that is that you then end up with the Nanjiang solution - they observe both beijing and local time depending on cultural heritage, and those who observe beijing time work different hours anyway (ie: business hours for Nanjiang are something stupid like 11am-7pm beijing time instead of 9-5 because the sun doesn't rise until 10am or something, so pointless, and might as well observe the local timezone.

23 minutes ago, AlexB said:

The problem with that is that you then end up with the Nanjiang solution - they observe both beijing and local time depending on cultural heritage, and those who observe beijing time work different hours anyway (ie: business hours for Nanjiang are something stupid like 11am-7pm beijing time instead of 9-5 because the sun doesn't rise until 10am or something, so pointless, and might as well observe the local timezone.

Yeah was sarcasm. It doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2020 at 9:23 PM, themagician said:

Super man store has been replaced by a White Christmas store (Photo TPSN)

8CE7B9D7-5CFB-48AD-9EE0-5051269ADBDF.thumb.jpeg.d52f0476f5b0ec6b670b2a7b90d89302.jpeg

Whos been this year? How is the event? Anything new or different?

I went on the 13th and it pretty much the same as last year, only this year less there was less rides open this year on my visit (green lantern, doomsday, Scooby and now retired Arkham closed) but Wild West falls open till 630. That shop always changes to white Christmas for personalised Christmas hats during white Christmas 

My visit was wet but bonus every ride was walk on without any lineup needed 

Edited by Rabbit2014
  • Like 1