Time for a little dreaming

Richard

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone seen the ride in RCT3 called the 'TNT Vortex'? It's an inwards facing gyro swing and it's themed to dynamite, I know, it's kinda Western themed....... It just dawned on my but WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FIRECRACKER RIDES?!? LMAO! Yeh, I know someone mentioned it but still....

chinatown used to freak me out when I was younger, the earie silent adds to the atmosphere. I think they should actually have the scence from Letahal weapon 2 where the beamer fliped over in the shop front with the coins everywhere and the murtaughs station wagon is there all shot out with a couple of LAPD squad cars around the are with there sirens on with no noise though. WBMW germany did this I think. Being a lethal weapon movie fanatic this would be bloody awsome. That is the scence shown in the cinema aswell witch would be good visualy for people who watched it before they rode.

Edited by Superman escape

think it should be ripped down and just have a outside queue area
Well maybe you should just wait and see... you just very well may get your wish... As for some cheap firecracker themed flat ride, I really don't think this is what movie world is about/should be aiming for, do you?

Or they could rip out the "preshow" and have a "pre ride" instead....I like that idea!
Here's an idea... "MSG-Force"! In the pre-show video, we see Riggs (Mel Gibson) & Murtaugh (Danny Glover) grab some takeaway from the imaginatively-titled 'Special Chinese Food' restaurant. Big mistake as it's loaded with MSG. When a hot tip comes in, they find themselves having to race across town to get to a witness whose life is in danger. 'MSG-Force' captures their stomach activity. :lol:

I think the area outside lethal weapon could be used better if they started the queue inside, that way during busy times at least people would have the movie to watch. And, that way the terraced outside area could be used for seating, perhaps an outdoor Asian noodle market style arrangement, or something similar (I reckon an Asian guy selling pirated movies and knock off rolex watches would make the whole Chinatown theme feel far more authentic! ;) ). p.s. Gazza, I couldn't agree more about the Rivers ads, they are driving me insane!! (and they are getting worse and worse)

I think the area outside lethal weapon could be used better if they started the queue inside, that way during busy times at least people would have the movie to watch. And, that way the terraced outside area could be used for seating, perhaps an outdoor Asian noodle market style arrangement, or something similar (I reckon an Asian guy selling pirated movies and knock off rolex watches would make the whole Chinatown theme feel far more authentic! ;) ). p.s. Gazza, I couldn't agree more about the Rivers ads, they are driving me insane!! (and they are getting worse and worse)
Maybe they could be genuine DVDs of Warner Bros movies made up to look like crappy pirated editions. B)

What about a ride somehow made as a generic tribute to all martial arts movies, sort of in the way WWF is a generic tribute to all Westerns. Just imagine, have a chinese theatre in the hallways there would be posters for different martial arts films, and TVs showing highlights (same as WWF). You could then have the main queue area in the theatre with the switchbacks being formed by rows of seats (eg you would walk down one row, then turn around and walk down the next). You would then go out a little side door near the screen into a back alley where 'the fight' would take place (in other words you would board the flat ride) Im not sure how you would place everything though, maybe the ride itself could be built behind SDSC with the entrance facade somewhere in with the LW shop (probably would have to renovate a bit)

Edited by Gazza

That's one of the more interesting ideas I've heard in a while. Keep the Chinatown theming and use the area to add what Movie World so sorely needs (right now at least) - flat rides. There aren't too many rides on the market that wouldn't be able to fit in there. I can see a Top Spin - make that a Giant Top Spin - fitting a Kung Fu movie theme pretty nicely. The area has certainly served its purpose for Lethal Weapon. The ride would be no less effective if they moved the entrance to the other side and would also add some much needed atmosphere to the Superman plaza.

Forgive my ignorance but what did Chinatown have to do with LW anyway? But a few other things. I think if they do develop that area more they should allow an easment for a link path the the wild west area for some time in the future because the gap between (it is actually huge). The other thing, i think a flat ride could also go on the other side of LW (lift hill side). It would be directly joining the Superman Plaza, and i think a perfect theme could be a Lex Luthor machine of evil type thing, and again, basically any flat ride could be themed appropriatley. Have the queue as some sort of lab and you would be set. Now along with all these improvements the side of the LW "sound stage" that adjoins the shortcut path would be covered with facades of skyscrapers (i think IOA has done something like that), this would finish off the whole metropolis thing perfectly. I think i got carried away. Now, in the interests of provoking even more discussion, i have attached one of our beloved aerial photos so we can sort of point out our ideas better.

post-88-1155971555_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

I had another idea for a flat ride for MW. It would be based around that movie "Saturday night fever". Basically the ride would have its main entrance somewhere off one of MWs main streets. It would be like a real disco with part of the queue line running along the footpath bordered with a velvet rope type thing, a neon sign would be above the entrance and the wall would be plastered with band posters. The queue would then head indoors into the switchbacks where there would be all the usual disco lighting (Have fun DjRappa), mirror balls, speakers playing disco music and of course one of those translucent floors made out of coloured squares. at the top of the queue an MC would announce that the next group was going to "strut their stuff" (board the ride). A larger building (just a plain white shed as usual) would hold the flat ride and it would directly adjoin the queue. It too would have plenty of lights, music, lasers etc as well as an accompanying sound track (ride could move to the music). At the end of the ride the sound system would play a round of applause and people would disembark and head for the exit. Possible locations for the ride could be behind police academy with the entrace opposite ricks cafe americain (just get rid of one of the shops) another option (not sure if it could work) could be using up the big empty space in the superman escape building. There is a big gap beside the launch, which could be walled off and soundproofed. The entrance would then be at the front of main street. Only other issue i can think of is getting licensing for the ride, but since it was released nearly 30 years ago it might not be a problem.