Dreamworld Maintenance 2022

themagician

Tailspin down for unexpected issues, and now Claw too.

was in the line and the ride had just begun (first swing) then they brought it to a stop and got everyone off.

guy in queue next to me said to his family “let me guess, there are high winds…”

Good to see that high wind closures have quickly become part of the theme park vernacular even at other parks… 

I’ve always been one to stick up for Motorcoaster and say it has its place in the park, after watching and timing cycles today from the queue line, at an average cycle dispatch of 7.42 mins, and then how rough as guts the ride experience now is, it’s time for it to go and free up a substantial plot for future development. 

the restraints are just too finicky and having multiple people each load who they don’t suit, then requiring rechecking of every harness after they are released to let people out is just an absolute pain in the ass. I don’t blame the ride ops, it’s the train design, and management for not staffing to run 2 trains. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I’ve always been one to stick up for Motorcoaster and say it has its place in the park, after watching and timing cycles today from the queue line, at an average cycle dispatch of 7.42 mins, and then how rough as guts the ride experience now is, it’s time for it to go and free up a substantial plot for future development. 

the restraints are just too finicky and having multiple people each load who they don’t suit, then requiring rechecking of every harness after they are released to let people out is just an absolute pain in the ass. I don’t blame the ride ops, it’s the train design, and management for not staffing to run 2 trains. 

Couldn’t agree more… as much as I do enjoy the ride, the design doesn’t suit many.

With TOT track gone and the train running fairly close to Giant Drop, there’s actually a lot of run, plus with DW “reimagining” the area into Rivertown… there’s SO many possibilities for a great replacement ride to go in there!

22 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Couldn’t agree more… as much as I do enjoy the ride, the design doesn’t suit many.

With TOT track gone and the train running fairly close to Giant Drop, there’s actually a lot of run, plus with DW “reimagining” the area into Rivertown… there’s SO many possibilities for a great replacement ride to go in there!

I would be an 80s kid again if Rivertown was extended all the way to Giant Drop with something replacing Motocoaster.

With Motocoaster, they could do these:

1. Retheme to go with the Rivertown area
  2. Remove the ride/add another ride there
  3. Remove the ride/add the remote control boats
  4. Remove the ride and leave the land empty
  5. Leave it how it is

I hope 1 or 2 happens (with it sold to a smaller park if 2 happens) but I feel like it will be 4 or 5.

2 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Could they put spinning cars on Motocoaster? That would actually be pretty fun.

That would actually be super fun

23 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

What rides did you have in mind? I am curious what ideas people might have on a replacement. Dreamworld desperately need a few more coasters.  A hyper-GTX might be good, though not so sure dreamworld would work with that company, but I can’t see the ride being too expensive and lightning run gets rave reviews. One of those new intamin multi dimension coasters would also be sick.

9 hours ago, Rivals said:

I honestly wouldn’t mind MDMC being replaced by a GCI Woodie, i think they could fit it in the area the ride occupies however if not it could even travel over into the RHLR area with another new ride also being added into that area.

A woodie would be great. I wonder how they could make it different enough from sea worlds one.  Maybe titan track?

12 hours ago, REGIE said:

That would actually be super fun

What rides did you have in mind? I am curious what ideas people might have on a replacement. Dreamworld desperately need a few more coasters.  A hyper-GTX might be good, though not so sure dreamworld would work with that company, but I can’t see the ride being too expensive and lightning run gets rave reviews. One of those new intamin multi dimension coasters would also be sick.

I think the most reasonable (and fiscally responsible) choice for DW would be to retheme the current Motocoaster with new trains into something that fits the Rivertown area theme... like with a 'runaway train' storyline, or even change the bikes to ATVs like Juvelen.
Unless they have a ridiculously bumper time from now until end of 2024, I don't think they'd have the cash to blow on a replacement. 

6 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

I think the most reasonable (and fiscally responsible) choice for DW would be to retheme the current Motocoaster with new trains into something that fits the Rivertown area theme... like with a 'runaway train' storyline, or even change the bikes to ATVs like Juvelen.

That would be a good idea. Whatever they do, Dreamworld need to make Motocoaster fit in the area. If nothing changes it will stick out like a sore thumb.

On 15/12/2022 at 10:38 AM, Slick said:

For something that wasn't a big deal on a website no one cares about, they sure move quickly when they see something on Parkz.

I can't imagine Dreamworld taking advice from an internet forum, come on now. Has anyone thought maybe it just wasn't finished yet? 🤪

For something that wasn't a big deal on a website no one cares about, they sure move quickly when they see something on Parkz.

I can't imagine Dreamworld taking advice from an internet forum, come on now. Has anyone thought maybe it just wasn't finished yet? 🤪

8 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Unless they have a ridiculously bumper time from now until end of 2024, I don't think they'd have the cash to blow on a replacement. 

Yes for sure. I just meant in the next 5-10 years

10 hours ago, Stevie said:

I'm hoping Dreamworld release some more concept images of how the areas will look in relation to their location in the park. If there is more to be revealed though, such as changes to Motocoaster, It would explain why we haven't seen these sort of images yet.

I am sure motocoaster will get some attention if not in a few months it will be a few years

15 hours ago, gumb00t said:

Yes...

On 13/12/2022 at 7:46 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Either way, I don't think this is the finished product - and you know what they say about fools and incomplete jobs?

Not sure whats happening with the forums but it didn't show me the updated replies until this morning. At any rate, even if the additional changes are as a result of it being highlighted here, I think that should be applauded, not scorned. 

Enthusiasts are just general public with a hyperfocus for details. If they notice it, it's possible a non-enthusiast would notice it eventually, and for things like this where we've already got people joking about blackface, it isn't hard to see it all over 60 minutes and the front page of the courier fail on a slow news day.

Enthusiasts are canaries for theme parks, and only a foolish park operator wouldn't at least take note of what their most devoted fans \ critics are saying.

• Like 1