Gumbuya World 2 coasters under construction

DaptoFunlandGuy

I didn’t say parks dislike enthusiasts, they do like them, they make them money. 

I said they roll their eyes at them, which is correct and it’s posts like the above that are why. Sorry if that truth bomb triggers some people. 

I think it’s a pretty fair comment given the post created it’s own story, decided the park did that story wrong, and criticized it… This happens a lot, and is why I made the above statement. 

There is more to being into theme parks than always trying to find what’s wrong with them. Sometimes they can just be fun and the negative can be shrugged off as insignificant. 

46 minutes ago, rappa said:

I didn’t say parks dislike enthusiasts, they do like them, they make them money. 

I said they roll their eyes at them, which is correct and it’s posts like the above that are why. Sorry if that truth bomb triggers some people. 

I don’t really think parks give a damn if someone’s confused on a piece of theming, if they did the entire villains unleashed area wouldn’t be in MovieWorld as it makes no sense in the parks flow. 

People are allowed opinions on here, negative or positive, if we aren’t then why are we here. You’ve made it clear over and over you think you’re better then most people here, but this is a public forum which is where people have and share opinions. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Luke said:

Thankyou Stevie for having the balls to say what a lot of members on this site are thinking, but are too scared to write. There is no need for you to say sorry, you have done nothing wrong. Yes, your comment may be considered to some as a little "nit picky", but it is ok to post those opinions on these boards - after all that's what this forum is for. I believe most members on this site are mature enough to understand that your comment as a whole was positive. And that you are someone who appreciates detailed theming and consistency in storyline.

I think @New display name has the right idea. The logic is that the TNT inside the shed has exploded, causing the tin to deform outwards.

Thank you @Luke and @New display name That does make much more sense! 

I don't see why it's so hard to simply say, hey I think this is what they had in mind, instead of just shitting on someone for having an opinion.

Hello @GoGoBoy, thanks for the welcome! It's been a slightly rough start already but I'm slowly getting a hang of the vibe around here the more I interact

• Like 2

Looking really good, and yeah that's very quiet. I'd love to see Escape from Madagascar get the same trains as this possibly. Especially given Road Runner was just given new trains after 20 years, Madagascar isn't that far off. Would be perfect for the retheme. It's really good to see the smaller parks really ramping up over the last few years.

It looks like there is two entrances for TNT: 

• The one on the left is the normal queue line for people without Express Q
  • The one in the middle is for Express Q members
  • The one on the right is the exit

As for Project Zero: 

• The left netted pathway is the exit
  • The middle entrance path is for Express Q
  • The one on the right is for normal queue line

Wonder if the other rides will get a change to fit in with TNT/PZ?

23 hours ago, TBoy said:

IMO Luna Park Sydney and Gumbuya World have the best coasters outside-GC.

I agree, however adventure worlds Abyss is probably my 1# bucket list coaster in Australia due to its obscurity.  But Big Dipper lll I think would have to be better, experience wise.

Edited by REGIE

Looks good @Luke! It seems that there will be picnic tables around TNT where people can watch the coaster while eating lunch etc. Is there a separate line for Express Q Luke?

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

I agree, however adventure worlds Abyss is probably my 1# bucket list coaster in Australia due to its obscurity.  But Big Dipper lll I think would have to be better, experience wise.

I do agree that Abyss and Big Dipper are better than Project Zero, but because Adventure World only has two coasters Gumbuya World would have to beat it, however for me LPS beats Gumbuya. Basically ranking all non-GC parks in Australia by coasters:

• Luna Park Sydney
  • Gumbuya World
  • Adventure World
  • Luna Park Melbourne 
  • Magic Mountain
  • Adventure Park
Edited by TBoy

10 minutes ago, Morphix said:

A great start, another 5 rides and we have a park

Yes we will. Personally, I hope they renovate the other rides entrances to make three entrances like PZ/TNT. RE: The other 5 rides, this is what I would like to see in the next 10 years:

New slide tower for Oasis Springs. This would include a Tornado 60, BehemothBowl 60, Hydromagnetic Rocket and 2 Superloops. All 5 slides would be made by ProSlide and put next to the wave pool. Opens in 2023 or 2024.

A new resort for Gippsland visitors. It would be located where the rose farm next to Gumbuya World currently is, and would feature 1 pool, a spa, tennis court and games room as well as 3 storeys of hotel rooms. A free day to Gumbuya World would be included with the hotel cost. Opens in 2024 or 2025.

New expansions to Oz Adventure and Outback Explorers. Outback Explorers would get a plane ride and carousel (cheap rides) as well as a Intamin or SBF droptower. Opens in 2027 or 2028.

What do you think?

Edited by TBoy

8 hours ago, TBoy said:

Looks good @Luke! It seems that there will be picnic tables around TNT where people can watch the coaster while eating lunch etc. Is there a separate line for Express Q Luke?

I do agree that Abyss and Big Dipper are better than Project Zero, but because Adventure World only has two coasters Gumbuya World would have to beat it, however for me LPS beats Gumbuya. Basically ranking all non-GC parks in Australia by coasters:

• Luna Park Sydney
  • Gumbuya World
  • Adventure World
  • Luna Park Melbourne 
  • Magic Mountain
  • Adventure Park

Agreed. I think gumbuya would probably be a lot more fun too

On 21/12/2022 at 8:22 PM, Michelangelo said:

If the cash starts rolling in after these 2 rides, wouldn’t be surprised if they do get 5 rides within 5 years.

Gumbuya ain’t stuffing around… opening 2 rides in 9 months is huge. Props to them!

But we have a few problems.

The whole area seems fit for maybe 5000 patrons in a day.

Fairly average two lane highway feeds into the area with a small drive way and currently... that car park..

Potential dangerous intersections back onto the highway....

If it was ever going to be a real park the whole area needs 100mil in road upgrades.

Not sure where they would expand for another 5 rides.

On the back they could do this https://www.skylineluge.com/en/sentosa/?utm_source=gmb_listing&utm_medium=organic

I would get.

Flume ride
drop tower/ vertical launch

1 hour ago, Morphix said:

Flume ride
drop tower/ vertical launch

Yes that would be awesome. I would LOVE a Hopkins Rides Log Flume (the same people who made Wild West Falls at Movie World) but it needs to not be a carnival style one and be a permanent looking one with it highly detailed. With a droptower an Intamin one would be awesome, maybe around 60m? It would also give good views of the hills around it.

Personally over the next 10 years I would do this:

• Hopkins Rides Log Flume (something similar to WWF)
  • Intamin droptower (60m)
  • Intamin Gyro Swing (Rebel would be sold back to fairs)
  • Carousel
  • Plane ride
  • Kids Ferris wheel (like Play School wing)
  • ProSlide Tornado 60
  • ProSlide HydroMagnetic Rocket
  • ProSlide Super Loop
  • ProSlide Behemoth Bowl 60

The droptower/carousel/plane ride would be near the front of the park, the Gyro Swing would be where Rebel is, and the Kids Ferris wheel would be next to TNT/Gerry's Roadhouse. Meanwhile the waterslides would be next to the wave pool (all on one tower) but I am not sure where the log flume would go.

Also the parking spaces would be extended, as well as the intersection made safer. 

What do you think?

Edited by TBoy

• rappa locked this topic