Your Ideas for new rides

Gazza

i would be ringing those guys from Great coaster International their wooden coasters are insane, smooth as any floorless coasters out their, plus the amount of airtime and lateral Gs is incredible also doesnt cost as much. If you want to buy steel purchase a BM Inverted a clone of Batman would be fine. People would see how bad Lethal Weapon at Movie world really is.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, raptor would be a better ide to clone (since it already has been) And Neb, the coaster you are thinking of is at Saakanemmi Amusement Park in Finland, it doesnt have zero g rolls, but rather heartline rolls which look rather cool, incuding an underground one above the underground station with a footchopper on the roof. But I love the colours on tornado, the silver track and the red and yellow trains remind me of a sports car. The only problem I have with intamin loopers is the excessive train length, B&M trains are much shorter but hold more people so at least the view is better and the station length is smaller.

Ahhh,Gazza,32 is twice TOT's capacity,not four times.Anyway,who cares,if theres one thing I don't want to see at DW it is something tacky.Of course,alot of people will argue that Cyclone is about as tacky as you can get,but that's not the point. I don't want DW to become a park that obbsesively crams in coaster after coaster,like say Cedar Point.I do want them to bring in more coasters,but I want the coasters to be iconic of DW,with effort put into them.They did an excellent job with the claw,they can do it again.Raptor has no appeal to me,the paint jobs bad,and I don't like too many inversions.

I said two 32 passenger trains, 2 times 36 is 64 and 64 divided by 15 is 4.266666 so i rounded that back to 4, i was right. How can you really say that you dont like too many inversions, what big multi loopers have you ridden, i think i remember you saying a while back you hadn't been to any parks out of Australia. Yeah, I wouldnt really want coaster after coaster, i would rather just a few good ones, like what AT has done. And anyway, if you cloned raptor you could pick your own colours, and it has only one more inversion that LW, i think most of us could endure that extra one, we are after all, a forum of coaster fans who would ride anything.

You know what I don't understand?... Why do people always expect a park to build a coaster 'for them'. All too often I read on here about how 'I want this' and 'I don't like that'. The park should be building rides that cater to the market as a whole not just some coaster geeks on a forum. my 2 cents

I totally agree with Rapster. You have to look at the demographics of any park to be able make a decision on a ride. Yes the 'coaster geeks' are customers too but I would say that they would make up less than 1% of total attendance each year at Australian parks. There are two reasons North America has these attractions that total blow us away, 1. Money, most of the parks over there are owned by large corporations. 2. People in the States literally drive across the country to go to a theme park and it is a once in a lifetime trip. This point has been brought up in previous threads but it is a very valid one. At the moment Lethal Weapon the most inversions in Australia and personally I think it will stay that way from a long time. I would say that the next attraction Dreamworld will get will be a family orientated ride. "The Bus is now leaving for Ready Money Creek, NSW"

Yeah, the next ride might be a family one, which is why my Whirlwind coaster idea is such a good one :). People drive across (or rather up) the country to visit theme parks here too and for the some people, you might say its a once in a lifetime trip, a fair percentage of the GCs parks visitors would have to be holiday makers. What i was saying above was more saying that scott shouldnt be so intimidated by a 6 inversion or 7 inversion ride.

Clint Your point about Parks looking at the Whole market instead of us coaster Geeks is True.But us one % are entitled to a say.All these Speculative questions of what we would like comes up all the time in these forums and we should be thankful that we can tell people what we like. As a coaster geek who has Spent considerable amount of money and time travelling around the world riding lots coasters i do expect the park managers or whoever makes decisions their to atleast listen to what we have to say.i know they do in America.

And anywy, id hardly call a 6 or & or even an 8 looper an enthusiast only ride, there are plenty around and they are popular. An enthusiast ride would be something like TTD but with like 11 inversions and tons of airtime hills etc, and I would not expect any park to build a ride like that. I just want a coaster comparable to the rest of the world, i mean there is a park in Taiwan with 2 B&Ms.

I'm not intimidated by inversions,I just prefer enjoying the rush of the ride for more than two seconds.The speed after LW's first drop is exhilirating(much better than Cyclone,even though Cyclone's supposedly faster)and I'd like it if the feeling to last a bit longer,which is why I'd prefer a Giga coaster to the likes of Letal Weapon.I like in versions,but five probably is the limit.I'm not saying I wouldn't ride a ten loop coaster given the chance,I just like the first-drop sensation to last longer. Just because haven't riden coasters outside of Australia doesn't mean I can't experience heaps of loops,I can just go on Lethl

I'm not intimidated by inversions,I just prefer enjoying the rush of the ride for more than two seconds.The speed after LW's first drop is exhilirating(much better than Cyclone,even though Cyclone's supposedly faster)and I'd like it if the feeling to last a bit longer,which is why I'd prefer a Giga coaster to the likes of Letal Weapon.I like in versions,but five probably is the limit.I'm not saying I wouldn't ride a ten loop coaster given the chance,I just like the first-drop sensation to last longer. Just because haven't riden coasters outside of Australia doesn't mean I can't experience heaps of loops,I can just go on Lethal Weapon over and over again.

I think ST Dragon summed it up perfectly... Its true that parks should still listen to us geeks when planning but they should therefore be able to expect the same in return from us. My point was more about us looking at the bigger picture when saying what we think the park should get. The only way we will get new rides built for us is if the park can make a profit out of them. The only way for that to happen is for the GP to be attracted by the ride and thus visit the park. This is why it was a really smart thing for them to put in The Claw. Its a reasonably priced crowd drawer which will bring in the punters. For them to replace the bolt so early wouldn't have been very smart as it probably hasn't sunk in with a lot of people still that it's gone. So you build another coaster in the same location so soon and a lot of people would just think 'hey wasn't there always a coaster there, so what.' They have a much better chance of a successful major attraction launch if they leave it a little while. We should all be able to see this, after all we are supposed to be the ones with the 'informed' opinions.

What is a KMG?Sorry,I don't know much about flats. Just because you put in a thrilling ride doesn't mean the general public won't be attracted to it.Here's a perfect excuse to make a list of Dreamworld's record breakers. Giant Drop=tallest non coaster ride in the world. Giant Drop=second tallest overall ride in the world. Giant Drop=tallest vertical drop in the world. Giant Drop=first time 8 seat gondala's were used on rides of this type. T.O.T=fastest coaster in the world on it's debut. T.O.T=third fastest coaster currently. T.O.T=second largest drop on a coaster currently. T.O.T=largest drop on a coaster on it's debut. Thunderbolt=fastest coaster in australia in it's debut. Thunderbolt=longest ever coaster in southern hemisphere. Cyclone=fastest full-circuit coaster in southern hemisphere. Cyclone=tallest full-circuit coaster in australia. Wipeout=one of only three in the world. Claw=first of it's type in southern hemisphere. Some of them are probably wrong,sorry for getting off topic.

As a Theme Park Fan and Employee you guys all have points yes there is more then just coasters out there there are also great flat/dark rides and I been on many at the Tokyo and Los Angeles parks. But Im sick of typing this and am only going to type this once more. Dreamworlds is getting a new coaster next year and this is from the mouth of the CEO stephen Gregg on local radio. so its 110% confirmed. The only thing that will stop this is a terriost attack or natural diaster which effects dreamworlds attendance and theres probably 2% chance of that happen.

Do you truly think it is likely that DW will get a new coaster next year? I know you're saying it came from the CEO's mouth rabid, but it just seems too good to be true. Have Dreamworld ever added a new thrill ride one year after the next? Normally there's a gap of a few years. If it does happen I will be up at Dreamworld in a flash and singing it's praises all the way