Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2023

TBoy

On 02/04/2023 at 12:01 PM, Park Addict 93 said:

Both SE and Rivals were operating with two trains yesterday.

SE sewer/water effect working, as was the mist for entering/exiting the building.

I'm not sure whether it's humorous or depressing that every few months there is a new post about the effects finally working on Superman Escape again. How long until they stop working again and stay that way until the next maintenance period?

48 minutes ago, Ogre said:

That sucks. Don't think there's any footage of it sadly either due to their crazy loose item policy in the queue. :( The TV's were pretty ancient, so hopefully they're just upgrading to new screens and the video will stay intact. 

Yeah, I’m pretty sure those TV’s were 2005 originals. I’m amazed they lasted as long as they did. All the mounting hardware they were attached to has been removed and the cabling seems to have been cut pretty crudely. So it seems unlikely the screens will return (at least in this location). I hope they can figure out a way to install new TV’s somewhere in the queue area as the video really helps to set up the story and is an iconic part of the attraction. 

Edited by Noll_57
Fixed grammar issues
  • Like 4

Nearly two decades is a long time for A/V equipment to run for eight hours every single day. Wouldn't be surprised if whatever media server they were using finally died, and they opted to do a full re-do to maximise the ROI on a new fit out. Newer media servers with newer, better TV's means they can do things like dynamic advertising placements, better integrate into existing A/V and also means they can finally update the ride safety video to better suit the times. If it were up to me I'd go full hog and really try and do something with the new screens that tries to entertain folks for as long as possible since they don't have their phones on them. I'm not sure if that means episodes of Superman or a bunch of easter eggs in a few mini-games - but the potential is there.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 2

Despite riding quite a few times these school holidays I hadn’t even picked up they were gone 😅.

I hope new screens are installed at some point, redoing the safety video if they deem it be necessary and having other appropriate content would be great. Just hope they don’t hugely push advertising upcharge experiences on them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

I really love how a maintenance thread has turned into another personal attack. Real cool. 

I mean, you put your credentials on the stand with every post. You claim to have expert knowledge in so many different fields as proof of why you're correct, in some cases even when you're arguing against the person whose literal job it is to do the thing you're arguing against.

It's entirely fair and reasonable that people will challenge those credentials if you enter them into evidence.

• Like 1

Never claimed expert knowledge.

Most of my posts here are personal opinion (on a discussion board) along with experiences while I’ve been to abroad.

I do work in entertainment (large scale events … my last big gig was Qantas’s 200th at the airport) and broadcast television (several networks along with live sport etc)