Another day.. another Dreamworld lawsuit

aussienetman

For him to fall out of the tube; he wouldn’t have been holding on like they tell you to do. Also, if it was over a year ago why’s it only being brought up now? again, im not really understanding or getting any credibility out of this lawsuit. If he wasn’t holding on and fell out he’s at fault isn’t he?

7 minutes ago, jack.c said:

As if Medicare isn’t covering the bill? This ain’t America. I can’t help but feel he is victimising himself and taking advantage of his injury for financial gain.

seems like he’s seen past lawsuits and is twisting the story here and there to make it beneficial for him. Unlucky for him the parks actually denying his claims and don’t seem like they’ll give in easy.

Just think it only took him a year to file this, OMFG, DW is becoming a regular in the news and half of the incidents are the persons fault.

How do you fall out of a tube, I've been on a heap of waterslides and haven't fallen out of a tube, but if I did I would take responsibility for my actions, because I wouldn't have been holding on, if I was holding on I wouldn't have fallen out.

30 minutes ago, Retardent said:

If the manufacturer had to redesign the very funnels that caused this injury because people were getting injured, I’d say pretty easily. 

But they were redesigned, and simple hold on tight, I've been on some rough waterslides, and I've never fallen out. I game enough to put money on the fact that he responsible. Thousands of people would ride that slide every year. If it were a design issue one would expect people to fall out of a tube on triple vortex more often. Not just now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rivals said:

Also, if it was over a year ago why’s it only being brought up now?

A few reasons;

• You need to allow time for the full extent of (and ongoing impact of) the injury to manifest itself.  This can take at least a couple of months.
  • You are likely to engage with the park either via counsel or directly to reach a settlement before having to go to the time and expense of going to court.
  • The park will involve their insurer who will want to investigate, collect evidence and may wish to negotiate a settlement.
  • You need to spend the time finding appropriate counsel, and then providing them with an appropriate summation and brief of evidence.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

simple hold on tight, I've been on some rough waterslides, and I've never fallen out. I game enough to put money on the fact that he responsible. Thousands of people would ride that slide every year. If it were a design issue one would expect people to fall out of a tube on triple vortex more often. Not just now.

I'm not going to edit your quote, as it is against the rules, but if I may paraphrase your reply below:

simple hold on tight, I've been on some river rapids rides, and I've never fallen out. I game enough to put money on the fact that he responsible. Thousands of people would ride those rapids every year. If it were a design issue one would expect people to fall out of Thunder River Rapids more often. Not just now.

Nobody realises an issue until an issue occurs. I'm not saying you're wrong about it being rider error, i'm just saying that your line of thinking "i've never fallen out so it must be his fault" is flawed - you could just be really lucky.

With that said, I feel as though these guys may have been goofing around.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'm not going to edit your quote, as it is against the rules, but if I may paraphrase your reply below:

simple hold on tight, I've been on some river rapids rides, and I've never fallen out. I game enough to put money on the fact that he responsible. Thousands of people would ride those rapids every year. If it were a design issue one would expect people to fall out of Thunder River Rapids more often. Not just now.

Nobody realises an issue until an issue occurs. I'm not saying you're wrong about it being rider error, i'm just saying that your line of thinking "i've never fallen out so it must be his fault" is flawed - you could just be really lucky.

With that said, I feel as though these guys may have been goofing around.

Hmm, good point. Agreed, some problems aren't known till something happens.