Theme Park Worldwide Announce Australian Tour

Noll_57

Just now, New display name said:

And I'm saying it doesn't take 500 coasters to know these things.  It doesn't take 500 coasters to know if you like theming, lighting etc.  You ride 100 coasters (probably way less) you will know most elements of roller coasters and you will know what you like or don't like.    @Reggie74already knows what @Reggie74likes without riding 500 coasters.

You missed the point again. He's not saying anyone with a credit count under 500 doesn't know what they like. He's saying because theirs is so high and they're so well-travelled, they've ridden coasters from every major manufacturer, in probably every major model, experiencing pretty much every common element and a variation on pretty much any layout. That means that it is far more likely that a coaster would stand out for them because of the theming, which is probably completely unique to that ride, than the layout, which is more likely to be similar to something they've ridden before.

That doesn't mean that Coaster Studios or any other well-travelled enthusiast won't occasionally find a coaster that surprises them with the ride experience, and it also doesn't mean that an enthusiast with only 50 credits won't know what to expect from a coaster. He's just saying that he expects they were more impressed by Levi's lighting package and theming, which is far more unique than the coaster itself.

It's not that deep, he's not insulting you for not having 500 credits.

• Like 1

Just now, jhunt2 said:

You missed the point again. He's not saying anyone with a credit count under 500 doesn't know what they like. He's saying because theirs is so high and they're so well-travelled, they've ridden coasters from every major manufacturer, in probably every major model, experiencing pretty much every common element and a variation on pretty much any layout. That means that it is far more likely that a coaster would stand out for them because of the theming, which is probably completely unique to that ride, than the layout, which is more likely to be similar to something they've ridden before.

That doesn't mean that Coaster Studios or any other well-travelled enthusiast won't occasionally find a coaster that surprises them with the ride experience, and it also doesn't mean that an enthusiast with only 50 credits won't know what to expect from a coaster. He's just saying that he expects they were more impressed by Levi's lighting package and theming, which is far more unique than the coaster itself.

Sorry, but I read the first sentence and decided not to read anymore.   Have a good day.

25 minutes ago, jhunt2 said:

This is exactly what I was trying to say

6 minutes ago, New display name said:

I don't need you to explain to me, what other people are saying.    If JHUNT2 has something to say about what JHUNT2 thinks, I'm happy to engage but if it's all "He's not saying"  "He never said you did" I would rather talk to @Reggie74about what he thinks.

You could know what you like by riding probably 100 coasters or less, your right.  but when I said 500+ I meant thats exactly how many coasters Taylor has ridden. Your absolutely right about what your saying @New display name don’t take this as “your wrong” because your not wrong but @jhunt2was explaining exactly what I originally meant thats all. You have a good point, it’s just not what I was trying to say originally that’s all 

like @jhunt2said it’s not anything deep it’s was just a comment I made on why leviathan probably stood out so much for coaster studios. There was no deep meaning behind it sorry.

Edited by REGIE

13 minutes ago, REGIE said:

You could know what you like by riding probably 100 coasters or less, your right.

^^

Can we stop being inflammatory over nothing now? I'd like to go back to talking pleasantly about well-known enthusiasts touring Australia thanks.

Speaking of, they went to see Orphan Rocker yesterday. I didn't know it was that well-known outside of Australia, but it seems they were keen to check out Scenic World and the remains of OR.

17 minutes ago, New display name said:

@REGIEdid you not already know you liked Levi's lighting package and theming without riding 500 coasters?

Yes I thought it was awesome and it really stood out to me as it would to anyone because it’s unique like you said you don’t need to ride 500+ coasters to know what type of coaster you enjoy. Some people like Taylor from coaster studios have ridden 500+ coasters so after ridding over 50 hyper coasters DC rivals probably would start feeling like all the rest while leviathan feels more unique and special because of the theming even though ever element on it can probably be compared to other coasters they have done, the theming can’t be compared with anything . And since there’s no original theming or story on DC rivals they can probably compare the drop as not as good as “ect” and the non inverting loop feeling like “ect”  They probably aren’t going to rank ST very high since they did the clone but for me ST is my 2nd favourite coaster.  You don’t need to ride 500+ coasters to know what you like but if you do ride over 100 coasters your every day out and back layout would get repetitive.  

5 minutes ago, jhunt2 said:

^^

Can we stop being inflammatory over nothing now? I'd like to go back to talking pleasantly about well-known enthusiasts touring Australia thanks.

Speaking of, they went to see Orphan Rocker yesterday. I didn't know it was that well-known outside of Australia, but it seems they were keen to check out Scenic World and the remains of OR.

Thank you let’s do that.   Yes orphan rocker is getting a lot of publicity lately major YouTubers have done stories on it such as expedition theme park and I think defunct land did a video too

Does the worlds steepest scenic railway count as a roller coaster? It uses gravity on the way down 

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 1

Coaster studios uploaded the DC rivals reaction video https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjkh67e7az9AhUOSGwGHTovAT4QtwJ6BAgXEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Df4qL7TpDap4&usg=AOvVaw0JYWLUJOpAKRpLvb9GaxJ7

i realised I have never gotten the very last row before the backwards seat. I always get put in the second last forward row

Coaster studios were really on a mission. They barely stayed 2 weeks in Australia. Just in and out. They are already on their way to new Zealand 

8 hours ago, Rivals said:

CS has uploaded their on-ride reaction to Jet Rescue on their youtube channel :)

The trains must’ve been replaced recently they look so fresh and new compared to what i last remember (not that they ever looked bad.)

Looks like they had fun! I used to prefer storm over this but leviathan does everything storm does but better so jet ski’s moved up. But I wouldn’t call it a family ride like they did

• 1 month later...