If green Lantern were ever to be removed what coaster/ride would you put in its place?(be realistic)

i2145

46 minutes ago, Natti_amusements said:

but we don’t have anywhere that tries to generally sick to one side of the scale like Cedar Point or LegoLand abroad.

When was the last time you visited Cedar Point because from my recollection it's a 50/50 park?

Edited by New display name

Yeah its 50-50 but I don't think the standard of the family aspect is as good as the thrill aspect.

Their family coasters, all of them are 90s or older, though they are getting that Zamperla spinner and even that is more something you'd expect from a mid tier park.

The modern family coasters Dollywood have are more what i'd expect from Cedar Point.

Aside from that, most of the family offering is flat rides, no dark rides etc.

I do give them credit for the whole frontier town area with glass blowers etc, and the whole forbidden frontier and rafts.

12 minutes ago, New display name said:

I never said Cedar was a good family park😂  The fact is, Cedar do cater for families too.  Who decided what defines a family theme park because I'm struggling to find any theme park that don't cater for families?

The original post is saying that Cedar Point has historically stuck generally to the thrill side over the family side demographically. You said they didn't, and that it was 50/50, and then were replied to by someone else reiterating/elaborating the sentiment by saying that the current park is around 50/50 in ride types for each respective demographic, but that they generally invest further into the thrill sector than the family sector, with some recent exceptions.

No one said that they don't cater for families at all, that Cedar Point is a 'family park', or that Cedar Point is/isn't a good park for families.

Edited by Tricoart

It’s funny there’s only 6 inverting/upside-downing coasters left in Australia. Compared to 20 years ago we still had heaps of inverting coasters. Thunderbolt, corkscrew,  Big Dipper 2 / cyclone, lethal weapon, Demon, Expo 88 SLC (that was different to lethal weapon yes?) Was there more? I just realised that’s basically the same amount we got now but gold coaster is the last of the seniors left. We really need a modern inverting invert coaster

Edited by REGIE

35 minutes ago, REGIE said:

that was different to lethal weapon yes?

Lethal was an SLC, whereas the Centrifuge was a Vekoma swinging turns - a more traditional coaster car (like Gold Coaster) except the running gear was above the rider. Centrifuge doesn't appear to have inversions according to RCDB.

I tried searching RCDB but it seems 'inversion count' isn't a criteria you can search on, and searching on 'extreme' also turned up coasters like Superman, so an inexact science. 

If someone wants to trawl through the 85 Australian Entries on RCDB (including relocations) then feel free to catalog it...

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I tried searching RCDB but it seems 'inversion count' isn't a criteria you can search on, and searching on 'extreme' also turned up coasters like Superman, so an inexact science. 

If someone wants to trawl through the 85 Australian Entries on RCDB (including relocations) then feel free to catalog it...

It is, actually (though it should be noted, for some reason it includes NZ as part of AUS, so the Corkscrew at Rainbow's End shouldn't count). Here's all of RCDB's listings: 1163846591_Screenshot(111).thumb.png.a3b0e1d510bbd86c05e78438b70bfc8a.png

And, for good measure, here's all the defunct ones: 506446542_Screenshot(112).thumb.png.c98bf6a78fb8ddb16073c7a9be29b539.png

Using this, Australia technically has the most coasters with inversions currently than it's ever had, with the closest time period being between Lethal Weapon's opening and Thunderbolt's closure (excluding the gap between when Big Dipper II became Cyclone), when there were 5. But, taking into account the places these coasters are, that time period had:
1 at Movie World, QLD
1 at Wonderland Sydney, NSW
1/2 at Dreamworld, QLD
0/1 at Luna Park, NSW

Compared to now, with: 
2 at Dreamworld, QLD
1 at Movie World, QLD
1 at Adventure World, WA
1 at Luna Park, NSW
1 at Gumbuya World, VIC

They're much more spread out, and (including the recent closure of Arkham, and relocation of Buzzsaw) that may be why it feels like there are less.

28 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

1 at Movie World, QLD
1 at Wonderland Sydney, NSW
1/2 at Dreamworld, QLD
0/1 at Luna Park, NSW

*1 at Sea World, QLD

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Lethal was an SLC, whereas the Centrifuge was a Vekoma swinging turns - a more traditional coaster car (like Gold Coaster) except the running gear was above the rider. Centrifuge doesn't appear to have inversions according to RCDB.

Oh so more of a suspended coaster then a invert. I don’t think any of the arrow suspended coasters had inversions so I doubt the vekoma one did. The way the trains were designed inversions wouldn’t have worked. 
had a quick look. It now operates at dream world Thailand as “sky coaster” alongside expo 88’s supernova now “black hole coaster” this park likes to say it’s a coaster in the name just in case you didn’t know it was a coaster and thought it was a torture device

D8B72F06-9D95-44C6-B904-D999A4599FE0.jpegI think after looking at the data base Luna park Sydney has had the most different coasters in its history then any other park in Australia. 

btw does anyone know what the oldest steel coaster in the Southern Hemisphere is?

Edited by REGIE

I think REGIE jumbled the Expo 88 Swinging Turns & Boomerang together, cause there was a coaster with inversions, but it was the Boomerang. 

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

btw does anyone know what the oldest steel coaster in the Southern Hemisphere is?

According to RCDB it's "Sapphire Speedster Coaster", a Zyklon Galaxi from 1994, operating in Merimbula, NSW.

8 hours ago, Tricoart said:

I think REGIE jumbled the Expo 88 Swinging Turns & Boomerang together, cause there was a coaster with inversions, but it was the Boomerang. 

According to RCDB it's "Sapphire Speedster Coaster", a Zyklon Galaxi from 1994, operating in Merimbula, NSW.

No I know that they are 2 different coasters I just thought originally that the swinging turns was a SLC but I know realise it’s a suspended not a invert.

does anyone know what layout “supernova” had? The POV is no help because it is pitch black 

15 hours ago, Tricoart said:

It is, actually

I can see your screenshots, but I can't figure out why I can't see it -

image.thumb.png.7a339e61b7b8eb6a189981f227be2d8c.png

image.thumb.png.c6536dfd2b0fe8f174f52cea7c8f283d.png

10 hours ago, REGIE said:

Oh so more of a suspended coaster then a invert

To be clear, they're both classed as 'suspended' - the SLC literally stands for 'suspended looping coaster'

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

To be clear, they're both classed as 'suspended' - the SLC literally stands for 'suspended looping coaster'

Yeah but I think in general terms when a thoosie says "suspended coaster" they mean one with cars that swing from side to side, compared to an "inverted coaster" with mostly* fixed seats,  even if that doesn't strictly align with what various manufacturers call their models.

Eg I view Canopy Flyers or Ninja as a different experience to TNT or Escape from Madagascar.

*The above is complicated by the fact there are some coasters where there is a small amount of side to side sway for force absorption, though nothing like the free swinging Arrow coasters.

Edited by Gazza

5 hours ago, REGIE said:

does anyone know what layout “supernova” had? The POV is no help because it is pitch black 

It was relocated to (and is still operational today at) Dream World Bangkok, under the name 'Black Hole Coaster', formerly 'Space Mountain'. There's no lights-on POV of that, but someone made an NL2 recreation of it that seems to align with images of the layout on RCDB, so I assume it's a decent representation of the ride. If so, it just consisted of a bunch of shallow right hand turns til it lost enough speed to be turning at ground level, then a small left hand turn into a final right hand turn into the brakerun. 

• Like 1

Yes Thailand really just got dumped with a lot of our old stuff ahah. I guess being in pitch black would have made it more thrilling but wow it literally only goes right..  

6 hours ago, Gazza said:

Yeah but I think in general terms when a thoosie says "suspended coaster" they mean one with cars that swing from side to side, compared to an "inverted coaster" with mostly* fixed seats,  even if that doesn't strictly align with what various manufacturers call their models.

Eg I view Canopy Flyers or Ninja as a different experience to TNT or Escape from Madagascar.

*The above is complicated by the fact there are some coasters where there is a small amount of side to side sway for force absorption, though nothing like the free swinging Arrow coasters.

Yes I guess the full name is “suspended swinging coaster” and “Fixed inverting coaster” but many enthusiast websites and polls just call them suspended and invert. So That’s how I think of them.