Dreamworld's new IP applications 2023

2 minutes ago, Guest 239 said:

Not a fan of the name, but I'm interested to see what the do with the ride itself. Do we think they'll give the dragon a coat of paint to make it fit in more with Ocean Parade or will they completely remove and replace it? 

I think they’ll def be keeping the dragon. It wouldn’t have a name as random as ‘serpent slayer’ it they weren’t trying to save a few bucks by keeping most of the ride’s more prominent theming. 

37 minutes ago, Natti_amusements said:

I think they’ll def be keeping the dragon. It wouldn’t have a name as random as ‘serpent slayer’ it they weren’t trying to save a few bucks by keeping most of the ride’s more prominent theming. 

A dragon is not a serpent. So keeping the dragon would make a mockery of the entire name/theme. On that thought, they’ll probably keep the dragon…

53 minutes ago, New display name said:

Considering DW believes removing anything relating to Dreamworks and replacing one sign constitutes a re-theme, like they have done on Candy Flyer, the area is going to end up a shadow of Dreamworks.🤦‍♀️

My understanding is Candy Flyer is a temporary name, so the park can stage the refurb and transformation into Dreamland. I believe all the rides will have the IP of ABC Kids or Kenny/Belinda on them 

Edited by themagician

5 minutes ago, Slick said:

You've confirmed that with the park yeah?

I’ve updated my post. But from the media event, this is my understanding of the announcement. For example, ‘Escape Coaster’ will be named Kenny’s Forest Flyer (which was revealed in the concept artwork for the ride).

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

My understanding is Candy Flyer is a temporary name, so the park can stage the refurb and transformation into Dreamland. I believe all the rides will have the IP of ABC Kids or Kenny/Belinda on them 

• Like 1