The validity of Google reviews

Dean Barnett

35 minutes ago, New display name said:

Did you go to DW over the holidays?  

No, so I'm not going to say DW isn't doing well. I'm just saying if someone's report IS that a park is quiet and has no lines, that's not really a good thing for the park. Where as "the place sucks because it's so popular" doesn't make for a fun day but is indicative of a healthy bottom line.

Edited by rappa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rappa said:

Not being busy and having small wait times is not an indication of a park doing well.

1 hour ago, joz said:

Thrill ride waits have been long, but you know what, welcome to peak season at every park everywhere *that is popular and highly attended

I was not discussing if either park is 'popular' / 'highly attended', or if either park is 'doing well'. That is not what I intended to discuss with my posts - sorry if I have caused confusion. @jozI intended to point out that your initial statement was untrue - and I am glad you refined your statement in a follow-up post. Now I understand where you are coming from.

Perhaps Dreamworld's positive reviews relating to queue wait times is because they are not as well attended, compared to Movieworld. It could also be because they have more rides and attractions? It could also be because they operate their rides more efficiently? Perhaps a mix of everything? Let's all be mindful that, as @Slickhas stated in the past, correlation doesn't equal causation.

46 minutes ago, New display name said:

I only had to go 5 reviews deep to find this @WalleyWorld

I don't think the review that you have screenshot relates to queue wait times? Joz made a statement claiming that "Thrill ride waits have been long, but you know what, welcome to peak season at every park everywhere." I then showed evidence to disprove this statement. I can't see how the review you showed in your post relates? The review talks about closed rides and unstated show times. Not long queues. 

Edited by WalleyWorld

6 minutes ago, WalleyWorld said:

I don't think the review that you have screenshot relates to queue wait times? Joz made a statement claiming that "Thrill ride waits have been long, but you know what, welcome to peak season at every park everywhere." I then showed evidence to disprove this statement. I can't see how the review you showed in your post relates? The review talks about closed rides and unstated show times. Not long queues. 

Maybe this is more to your liking.

image.thumb.png.fdde6c26db381285852388e9ed8db7c8.png

Edited by New display name

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

Thinking of heading up Tuesday before everything closes at MW. Will that be a very smart day to go?

You should as most states are back at school. Unfortunately you wont be able to ride Scooby but it will be good to go before Doomsday/Superman/Batwing closes.

On 27/01/2023 at 11:52 AM, Gazza said:

So what is a reasonable number of rides to do on a busy day and feel "satisfied"?

It's long been spoken about (but I've not come across anything concrete and public from Disney themselves) that Disney parks aim for an '8 attraction rule' - the idea being that guests leave satisfied if they can do 8 attractions in a day (attractions aren't just rides).

Now, we always say 'but this isn't Disney' and I accept that, but at the same time, human mentality is going to have similar expectations everywhere else. I think 6-8 would be a good solid number of rides and attractions. Joz's bad planning gets 5, so it's probably achieveable at our parks, if you think and plan hard enough.

This problem with that is that we all well know guests check their brains at the gate. And you shouldn't have to plan to hit 6 attractions in a 7 hour operating day.

On 27/01/2023 at 3:23 PM, rappa said:

As @joz basically said, the biggest issue at MW is family rides not having enough capacity, which is also a function of not having enough family rides. Hopefully once Wizard of Oz is built the park will have 4 mass appeal family coasters in operation to greatly help this.

I agree - MW's capacity sucks, and i hope Oz contributes towards this, but the park we remember from 20+ years ago is no more - capacity monsters like LTRR and PASS, Effects show and stunt show that people would happily do multiple times in a day just don't exist, and no amount of roller coasters (family or otherwise) can possibly replace that kind of capacity.

On 27/01/2023 at 3:45 PM, New display name said:

image.thumb.png.8d0a25555cbe46dac4530034efa11817.png

Since the discussion is the validity of Google reviews, most parks these days don't hand out paper maps and showtimes, with the expectation being that you'd go online to get that sort of information. Dreamworld also has screens (at least in Main Street) with showtimes posted on a slideshow basis. Guest services can also provide a copy of showtimes and details like this, and it sounds like this person just waltzed into the park and expected someone to glue a copy of the showtimes to their forehead.

(i'm aware this appears in contradiction to my previous comments about leaving brains at the gate, but in a modern 'theres an app for that' world, loading the park map \ app \ showtimes on your phone is a bare minimum expectation.)

ETA: since they're capable of using Google - here's the first result for "Dreamworld Showtimes":

Dreamworld | Daily Shows