Does Movieworld run 2 trains on DC Rivals on weekends?

paulobrien95

It's based off of projected attendance. I don't know what the threshold is these days, or if they may change it based off of capacity available, but I would expect that no days in Feb would have the kind of attendance that normally warrents a second train.

I've also not kept up with the train maintenance, so don't quote me on this, but it's quite plausible that a train rebuild may already be underway. It takes longer than you may think to redo a train, and the goal tends to be to have both trains and all thrill rides available for September school holidays, Fright Nights, White Christmas, Christmas holidays. Hence why you get a few thrill rides down now in the quietest months of the year, West and something else in Winter, and Scooby in November between the two night events to have the appropriate rides working for the various peaks. The issues arise when stuff takes longer than expected or something else goes down, which sucks, but not much you can really do.

Edited by joz

^Everything he said.

To add - recently some weekends have been quieter than weekdays.

If you can only go on the way day, then don't worry about whether times will be bad or good and just go along expecting busier times and be pleasantly surprised if it isnt.

Make sure you have the app downloaded and set up properly so you can take advantage of VQ, and - if you absolutely cannot miss out - bring your wallet for one-shots.

I see kids coming out at (primary) school pickup with a full-blown Warwick Capper level mullet - only to link up with their more-than-warwick-level parent, and I can only wonder about how long these parents have kept the trend going so that their kid will follow in their footsteps.

I can't wait for Mohawks and then the boy-band-bleach-blonde tips trend to follow in a few years.

If you hang around Nerang, you would know, mullets never went out of fashion @joz.   With Village seasonal passes price increases, it makes sense more people than previously would do the single day entry over the season pass.   I for one didn't purchase my lady a village pass this year because she would only go to the special events.  I just got her a ticket to Carnival.

• Like 1

You'd think the NRL was having a competition for who has the most feral mullet.

2 train operation seems like a bonus. The instability of operations is really making members the general public like myself very wary of visiting the GC parks. Even knowing the maintenance schedules and observed operation patterns, it's still a gamble. 

• 2 weeks later...

DC rivals dispatches were painfully slow today. One train operations and it spent an average of around 5-7 minutes just sitting in the station. They are pretty understaffed at the moment (they were only operating one side of mammoth falls today). But there’s gotta be a more efficient method.  The park was busy today it was surprising. But there was a lot of disappointed people when they found out so many rides were closed (the maintenance page needs to be easier to find on the website) I feel like when so many rides are in maintenance they should run 2 trains on DCR to compensate.  All the staff at MW and WNW were really friendly and chirpy. I feel bad for them though as a lot of people were blaming and taking their frustration out on the innocent staff which is not cool. 

Edited by REGIE

• 1 month later...

After last weekend's experience - I'm convinced VRTP purposely slows down park operations to reduce ride cycles.

IMG_6338.thumb.jpeg.b9d39262efe093c0d3965fcccba70ce4.jpegIMG_6337.thumb.jpeg.b7d6d737f369ae7ae4506454984ac1c8.jpeg 

Rival's queue was pretty much up to the split in the queue - and they were still running one train. 

The queue for backwards (at $30+ each?) was 15 cycles long, and the dispatch time was about 5 mins per train.. so the wait was well over an hour. 

I really hope the other train is broken.. but again there's not really an excuse when the rides down for a month now.

I'll just add this here too because I don't want to reserruct another thread - but Superman ops were really bad too... 4-6 min cycles. The same person securing the train was doing the grouping... so the train completed the unload, rolled into the load station empty - THEN it got grouped. There were also a few seats on the trains that were running.. so I reckon it was running at 270rph when the theoretical output is 820rph.. about 1/3rd.   At least the aircon is better in the (really boring) queue

29 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

I really hope the other train is broken.. but again there's not really an excuse when the rides down for a month now.

Just for comparison, when we went last easter break, there was only 1 train on Rivals and a 3+ hour queue. There was a sign up at the ride entry however saying something along the lines of 'due to circumstances outside our control this ride is running at reduced capacity'.

That wait time sign could use a spit'n'polish, at least try and remove some of the rust stains.

31 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

I'll just add this here too because I don't want to reserruct another thread - but Superman ops were really bad too... 4-6 min cycles

It's always been around 6 minutes in my very limited experience (compared to others)

31 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

At least the aircon is better in the (really boring) queue

Is that an addition? I didn't think there was any aircon, just some dusty-ass fans.