Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

11 hours ago, kujotess said:

And your reasoning/source behind this is..? 

Read my first post where I tell you my source.

11 hours ago, kujotess said:

I know how easy and common it is for staff to call out of shifts within the company, and what rides are closed first due to staff skillset and moving people around (Kids WB rides close first). It’s also a common reason for ride delays. I’m not saying this is the only reason for ride closures but I was just pointing out that it is definitely one of the reasons. You’ll still have staff telling guests it’s technical issues regardless of staff shortages or not. 

I'm not disputing rides might open late "occasional" because a few staff called in sick, but I call bollocks on your post when MW has closed half the rides.

You are suggesting MW had a mass walk out the day after school holidays finished, because half the park wasn't closed during the school holidays.

You are also suggesting SW staff, on the same wage, are happy, because 80% of their rides are open.

1 hour ago, New display name said:

You are suggesting MW had a mass walk out the day after school holidays finished, because half the park wasn't closed during the school holidays.

I mean to be fair, their staffing numbers do drop outside of school holidays because some staff have schooling obligations... but its still ridiculous to suggest all the rides are closed because they don't have the staff.

5 hours ago, New display name said:

Not a mass walkout, but I know from past experience that most seasonal contracts end after the Easter holidays. Its entirely reasonable that they didn't offer enough seasonal casuals the opportunity to move up to PT and as such simply don't have the staff available.

11 minutes ago, Brendo88 said:

Who would have thought? Would have been nicer sooner but props to them for doing it in the end. 

The video essentially confirms that no works have been carried out on Scooby yet, which is disappointing. 

Also nothing has happened with Doomsday.

Edit: The video (and post caption) is great though and I fully support more of this. Its pretty much what we have been asking for, for a long time.

Additionally, it shows some great progress of WoO and the build in that area.

Edited by Naazon
  • Like 3

While the update is nice it seems more an announcement that news will come. 

“hey guys I know you want to know more about Scooby doo and doomsday” well we’ll tell you later. 

I think the dc section around doomsday is nice for photo ops for the kids and nice theming for now. Would love to know if they’re going to replace doomsday with (assuming it gets replaced.)

another thing I wonder how many rides will be open when the dc heroes and villains event comes around 

Edited by Lakyn17

28 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Oh look, Movie World are being open and honest about down time.

https://fb.watch/s5b9bdo-75/

I don't mind giving credit where it's due. Their optics have been terrible these last couple of weeks. this doesn't make up for it, but the transparency is refreshing after years of them just saying 'check the website'.

They need to do this more.

7 minutes ago, Brendo88 said:

Would have been nicer sooner but props to them for doing it in the end. 

I'm sure given the details involved, this had to be scripted, shot, edited, and either at the start, the end, or both, it had to go through multiple approval levels in the C-suite and potentially run by Intamin, Mack and WB. Honestly I'm surprised there's nothing mentioned about Flash to 'offset' the 'damage' - especially since its been operating all week. 

Given all of that, getting it out sooner with this level of polish is probably very difficult.

We've all seen recently what happens when you do a social media video with extremely low effort.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'm sure given the details involved, this had to be scripted, shot, edited, and either at the start, the end, or both, it had to go through multiple approval levels in the C-suite and potentially run by Intamin, Mack and WB. Honestly I'm surprised there's nothing mentioned about Flash to 'offset' the 'damage' - especially since its been operating all week. 

Given all of that, getting it out sooner with this level of polish is probably very difficult.

We've all seen recently what happens when you do a social media video with extremely low effort.

While you're 10000% correct, there is also likely speed and efficiency wins to be made. With more regular production of these updates approvals likely can be streamlined and 'PR' contact relationships at intamin/MACK may improve, once again, increase speed of delivery.

52 minutes ago, Naazon said:

While you're 10000% correct, there is also likely speed and efficiency wins to be made. With more regular production of these updates approvals likely can be streamlined and 'PR' contact relationships at intamin/MACK may improve, once again, increase speed of delivery.

Yeah absolutely. I think a lot of the media they've been putting out lately (especially the flash BTS stuff) is probably a proving ground prior to Woz. I keep saying it - and i'm getting really excited to see what they put out for that. 

38 minutes ago, New display name said:

Imagine going to KFC, paying for chicken and all you receive is an empty box and a Facebook video, telling you why the box is empty.  🤣

You know what, at least now I know why the box is empty which is better than the previous situation where you had to return to the restaurant, park your car, go inside, get the manager, and have them tell you it's your fault you didn't check their website for chicken shortages before ordering.

• Like 3

Unfortunately a part of Superman failing could be expected; its an old model that has been discontinued and a coaster hasn't been built in 14 years. XCelerator had issues around its 20 year anniversary with its launch and was closed for 18 months and we know what happened with Top Thrill Dragster and the hydraulic system was removed.

Regarding with Doomsday "we are currently exploring options" seems that the ride ever opening is uncertain. It is likely they won't say anything and remove it later once WOZ is done based on the parks track record.

With Scooby, its likely work hasn't been done because they needed to close the ride urgently, and Village would have to wait for Mack to finish with their other coasters before coming to work on Scooby, and nothing happening would mean they are still busy.

Good to see DCR opening early, although they could just be saying that so people aren't as angry,

1 hour ago, Lakyn17 said:

Would love to know if they’re going to replace doomsday with (assuming it gets replaced.)

Most likely a flat or a seating area but I would love for these to come:

1. Dark Ride, showstage building extended out to Doomsday to fit in a bigger ride with more scenes

2. Mack XTreme Spinning Coaster, you could have the launch go through Doomsday and the Showstage out behind Scooby. For theme I have been thinking either generic filmmaking or Mad Max.

Edited by TBoy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TBoy said:

Unfortunately a part of Superman failing could be expected; its an old model that has been discontinued and a coaster hasn't been built in 14 years. XCelerator had issues around its 20 year anniversary with its launch and was closed for 18 months and we know what happened with Top Thrill Dragster and the hydraulic system was removed.

Isn’t the reason why the ride is closed is because of updates to the queue and not a part failing?

Edited by Baconjack

2 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Isn’t the reason why the ride is closed is because of updates to the queue and not a part failing?

I believe they said it’s a part failure, so while they wait for Intamin to arrive, they’re going to get a head start on the queue line upgrades.

16 minutes ago, New display name said:

So it doesn't take 2 months to carry out the maintenance.  🤭

I'd imagine the 2 months was there to paint the coaster too? Also probably involved shuffling crews from other attractions to get the ride up quicker.

5 hours ago, Lakyn17 said:

hey guys I know you want to know more about Scooby doo and doomsday” well we’ll tell you later. 

Did they literally not provide information on both attractions?

12 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

II'd imagine the 2 months was there to paint the coaster too? Also probably involved shuffling crews from other attractions to get the ride up quicker.

I haven't seen any evidence MW have attempted to start to paint it.  Has anybody seen people painting it?