Sea Worlds New Coaster

goliath

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that the new ride will suit Seaworld really well with all the tsunami theming. smile.gif However, they should of gone for a Disk-O. The coaster that they have decided on has a skateboard theme to it already.
Thats doesnt mean Intamin wouldn't do one that Relates to the tsunami theme (Im thinking it should look like a surfboard or a chunk of driftwood) if the park wanted one. So far all of the Half Pipes built so far are named "Half-Pipe" so thats why they all have snowboard cars.

I think that the new ride will suit Seaworld really well with all the tsunami theming. smile.gif However, they should of gone for a Disk-O. The coaster that they have decided on has a skateboard theme to it already.
For the themeing, I know there is a skating movie called "Grind". But I'm not sure who made it. They could use that?

I love the noise of it. It reminds me of a jet traveling overhead breaking the sound barrier :) and I like how you can hear it from the car park. The only thing that anoys me is the warning siren that goes before it launches. Oh and I hate when your going up on the giant drop and it races up beside you, I thought they wern't supposed to launch the TOT when the GD is going up.

I definately think that a Spinning Coaster is the perfect addition for SW to be looking at... The thing is they really don't NEED to add anything. You really can't fault the park in any regard how it currently is, so it's often hard to justify the expenditure for an attraction that you don't NEED to keep a hold of your market share. Movie World and Wet n Wild are however going to NEED new attractions to stay in the game in what we're all sure is soon to be a battle of the Pacific Hwy parks.

I think the real issue now is really the competition with themsleves. With WnW and MW surging ahead the GP could see SW as stagnating. It is by no means a bad park, its just that it needs to be doing something to avoid getting a reputation of being a boring park where nothing happens. Thought with SW, i think for them a better stratergy is to build more less often. While MW and WnW can move away from that stratergy (as they have been doing latley to build up capacity) i dont think it would work for SW. Animal exhibits are expensive, and its far better to do one every few years and end up with something like Shark Bay or Polar Bear Shores, than it would to build one every year or so and end up with with something horrible.

I'm in definite agreement that the ideal ride for Sea World is one of Maurer Sohne's spinning coasters. They have a perfect balance of thrills while being very presentable to a family audience. Sea World's certainly overdue for a major attraction. Their past patterns (roughly three years between) suggest this, as does the significant dive attendance has taken this year. It'll take more than say a Half Pipe to get things back on track. As far as competing with themselves goes, this is why it's crucial that they differentiate themselves completely from WnW and WBMW. They'll always be known as a theme park with rides, so it makes sense that they do introduce new rides, but executed in such a way that it doesn't cut into WBMW's market. The main draw however will always be the marine focus.

I agree Richard, I don't think that the Half Pipe alone would be enough to create any significant boost in numbers. A spinning coaster or even a decent flat (family) ride might do the trick if marketed correctly. On the Half Pipe, it has been said that it might still end up in one of the other parks. Is there any reason it couldn't be WnW? I think it would be a decent addition to the Extreme H2O Zone, as well as providing something extra, something that may help with the local market, especially the teen market who will be deciding between 2 waterparks from now on and may not necessarily be visiting the other 'dry' parks.

On the Half Pipe, it has been said that it might still end up in one of the other parks. Is there any reason it couldn't be WnW? I think it would be a decent addition to the Extreme H2O Zone, as well as providing something extra, something that may help with the local market, especially the teen market who will be deciding between 2 waterparks from now on and may not necessarily be visiting the other 'dry' parks.
I cant agree less WNW is a waterpark, and a $15-20 mill coaster would not suit it. You dont build dry rollercoasters at a waterpark. WNW should stay a waterpark. If they built the half-pipe there they would be some of the most stupid people ever.

I cant agree less WNW is a waterpark, and a $15-20 mill coaster would not suit it. You dont build dry rollercoasters at a waterpark. WNW should stay a waterpark. If they built the half-pipe there they would be some of the most stupid people ever.
What would be wrong with it? Personally, I wouldn't mind having it at WNW at all! Sure, it is a dry ride, but that doesn't mean they couldn't do something to make it fit in. Anyway, what does it matter if it's a dry ride. It might be a bit out of place but it is still just as fun. Doubt it will happen though. WNW has just finished expanding in terms of the H20 Zone however it would be something to compete with WWW. Then again, they've got DW next door...

^ another good reason why a Half pipe could wind up at MW instead? Given the Park has invested so much in the paste few years, I'm not expecting the 07 one will be a HUGE investment for MW(not that 5 million isn't pretty good!) Mind you I'm also not expecting there to be just one new ride at MW next year (not that I'm expecting two rides as such either;) Anyway it is simply not practical to put a rollercoaster in WnW (besides a proslide rocket coaster perhaps?) MW management are very strict on attire when riding their attractions for safety & comfort reasons - Shirts and footwear must be worn at all times.

• 4 weeks later...
One ride which would really ONLY fit into WNW, would be a Roller-Soaker.
The only thing i can see working at WnW is one of those vekoma suspended water coasters, its basically a sucessor to the Setpoint Swing thing (which seems to not be made anymore)
LOL way to copy my post. But anyway, another "family friendly" coaster i think SW could get is one of these http://www.rcdb.com/id3457.htm, i can imagine it working well, it has few supports so it could glide over the ski lake or something. Edited by Gazza

• 2 months later...

This is um, a really strange choice for WVTP's? :wacko: .I'm just really suprised that they are going to put a dry ride into a massive waterpark. Mabey they changed the Half Pipe from Seaworld to WnW becuase WWW has a rocket slide. And the only way to top that (but without copying WWW's idea) they had to bring in something BIG to beat WWW at it's new slide. So they are now bringing in a dry ride. I really think this is a funny attraction to put in a waterpark. However, mabey it's going to have water sprays and jets that hit you as you fly up and down the half-pipe. And WVTP's could also have taked to the manufacturer, so that the seats can be waterprof and also the carriges. What are your guys thoughts on this new attraction? CoasterBoy6