Sea Worlds New Coaster

goliath

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't like the idea... it seems strange. nearly everyone will be shoeless and wearing swimmers in the park and just to go on a ride they have to get all dry, chuck a shirt on (and pants if u a speedo fan) and some shoes and then wait in line... seems like a big hassle and think it would of been better at seaworld

I agree it will take some getting use to - in a Park where people don't wear shirts or shoes and will now have to remember to bring those along if they want to ride? It seems like a big shift WVTP is choosing to move WnW as Richard said. It is also just a baby step really. In a Park where the attractions are predominantly waterslides and pools, the Park will need to add more suitable dry attractions quickly to commit to such a change. Anyway, back on topic.. What about Seaworld? No matter what people say on this board, the increasing number of guest complaints that there isn't enough to do for everyone or it's "Boring" is a reality. Sure, it's a beautiful Park but $60+ to shell out pp is getting a little steep. SW needs a capital boost this year. Now that the focus has shifted to WnW, can we expect any new major project at SW to happen this year? I hope so..

WVTP's have always been very strict on shirts and footwear on their rides for health & safety reasons. No-one wants to sit on a seat covered in someone else's sweat plus there is a greater possibility someone may get their bare skin pinched or hurt I suppose. I think Footwear explains itself. It would be a very suprising step away from such policies if they decided to do without them for this new WnW ride.. Anyway, back on topic. Let's hope that with this decision SW is affording much grander plans this year. Whilst the Park can consistently rely on overseas visitors and season pass holders, to boost local numbers it needs a good solid Capital Injection that would include one major attraction, one medium and perhaps another display. As spoke of before, A watercoaster would be a real hoot for the Park and Atlantis (as done overseas) would be a brilliant theme. Seeing the SW eye go in May IMO will be a sad loss for the place, I'd like to see them invest in a permenant eye for the Park. Perhaps an Intamin one like DCA's? My guess is the Seal Rocks display that has been on the cards for some time will also be on the cards. As for room to expand, they just need to look around and be a bit m,ore creative with the space they have. The land from the first monorail station down to the Plaza and across to the Dockside tavern could be considered and of course there is the space between Corkscrew and Bermuda

• 7 months later...
Are the markings in an area that can be seen by the public? If so can you say where they are? Im kind of stuck for the fact I cant go to SW (unless you can get me a plane ticket ) Im looking foward to this though, an Intamin is always a good addition.
where r u from? if they do build a new coaster it should be a water-coaster with whale or dolphin cars or something so it fits in with theming it would be a good addition

^Sort of like Shamu Express? p16200.jpgSource: http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig3340.htm?picture=3 Personally, I would rather see something a bit more, err, sophisticated. Im thinking of a water coaster with a mythological sea monster theme. I would use the Intamin Super Splash ride system (Similar to Fuga da Atlantide at Gardaland). Basically, the ride would start out with people boarding water craft at a harbour side boat rental joint. The begining of the ride would be a plodding trip out of a boat harbour with a few gentle turns as it meanders past boats and docks. When you reach "open water" a huge tentacle would rise up out of the water right by your boat, you would hear the creature roar, the track would rise up slightly to lead into a LIM launch. You would be launched forward (The creature has you in its grasp) along a straight, and at the end the track would enter a cave (the creatures lair), inside would be a few twists and turns, the track would spiral up to the highest point, and in the middle of the spiral would be some sort of anamatronic version of the sea creature. You would leave the building at the highest point, go down a drop, over a bunny hop and splash down, ending the ride.

Edited by Gazza

The boat ramp is council owned and vmr leases the land from the gold coast council.
oh ok i was thinking of the seaworld rescue one even if tats not the right boundries its gonna have to be a small coaster to fit into th are in beetween the corkscrw and bermuda triangle Edited by www worker

They couldn't fill that lake, it is the filter system for a lot of the water that the dolphins use. If that water had increased turbidity, it could seriously harm the animals. I don't think Sea World has much expanding to do anyway. Corkscrew will be as good as dead soon so that gives them some space.