Construction underway on Movie World's newest ride

Richard

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in case anyone else hasn't noticed the ride is now going black. All the sections currently in the car park have been painted black and the section in place within the park has been getting the same treatment. Several major components of the air tank system are also now awaiting installation at the font of the carpark.

I don't know what sort of budget Movie World has allocated this ride and whether they're classing it as a minor or major addition but I'd also love to see an indoor launch. A simple yet creative pre-show would really complete a ride of this type. I'm sure Movie World has enough existing talent to put together a simple story. They did a brilliant job with Superman Escape's storyline. Adding a little something extra (like indoor launch theming) would really help to differentiate this ride from Dreamworld's Giant Drop.

I'm sure Movie World has enough existing talent to put together a simple story. They did a brilliant job with Superman Escape's storyline.
I've been thinking about this - but I've just been thinking - do they have enough space? I mean, more than just room for a queue area - I'd prefer more of a story than just being told in the queue area, but a section that you walk through beforehand would be good.
I just hope the theming is up with Scooby Doo's standards, otherwise I'm out.
I think Scooby Doo's theming would be pretty hard to beat.

I've been thinking about this - but I've just been thinking - do they have enough space? I mean, more than just room for a queue area - I'd prefer more of a story than just being told in the queue area, but a section that you walk through beforehand would be good.
Thats a good idea, a really good idea. I'm sorta picturing an idea in my head that Disney Land did/does with they're new ride; "Experdition Everest". Or, like previous Movie World rides like Batman, The Ride 2 and Sherk 4d. However, I really don't think Movie World care much for theming anymore as the public don't really pay attention, Which is a shame because Movie World have done a fantastic job in the past with Scooby & Wild West Falls (however lately with WWF, it's becoming sad!). I believe, before someone had made a layout plan/idea for this ride.. I'm not sure whom the member was, but I think it was Gazza? Anyways, I'd love to see the plan/idea again!

Just like Swanny said there still isnt much room for an indoor launch. I think they should use the other side of batman ride que for que line of spaceshot, but then it may get confusing. You know what I think would look good, a figure of batman standing up the top of the tower staring down at the que line or the water fountain with his cape flapping in the wind and the batman logo on all 4 sides of the tower up the top, or is that not possible? What ever the theming is I reckon it will be good. And someone said that theming is supposed to be really good for this ride.

Just like Swanny said there still isnt much room for an indoor launch. I think they should use the other side of batman ride que for que line of spaceshot, but then it may get confusing.
Hmm, I'd love to know who would get confused. And I'd love even more to see these people at a bank, there's two lines there, there would be these poor people wanting to see a teller, but they are actually in the line for the service counter.
You know what I think would look good, a figure of batman standing up the top of the tower staring down at the que line or the water fountain with his cape flapping in the wind
I rate that idea pretty highly...kind of reminds me of the Superman that sits up on the tower of S:TE at SFMM.
and the batman logo on all 4 sides of the tower up the top, or is that not possible?
Yes, there has been this long running problem engineers have had. It seems normal rules dont apply, and despite the fact that a space shot is essentially a strong steel frame attaching signs to it simply wont work. It has to do with variations in the earths magnetic field causing weakness in the structure.... Edited by Gazza

^Actually rabid has added a new Spaceshot update - you can see the structure has been painted black and work seems to be speeding along now to get it ready on time. As for confusion on how the queue will be set up for the ride, I wonder if it's possible, the ride's queue may be toward the back as opposed to the front where the Batride is? Either way it will be VERY clear which ride is which and which queue is which I'm sure. With Batride down for an extended period of time, I am getting a feeling we will be seeing quite a change to the landscape of the whole area when it opens but we'll have to wait and see..

^Awesome?!?! Sorry but I tried using my imagination to picture how it would look but there is just still so much work to do! It's not like MW to be leaving things this late but perhaps they are trying some new construction models this time around and doing everything (including facades and features) pre-fabricated off-site? I have to say i'm getting really impatient to see the final product of Batwing! Everything about the project seems all too relaxed. No advertising or marketing programs have kicked off (other than one competition on the MW website) Usually by now we are seeing "teaser" ads on the box, hearing about it in the Paper on the radio etc... Most people out there don't even know MW is opening a new ride at Xmas! My hunch is they are waiting for WWW to open with all it's fan fare and then when the party calms down for the DW Parks, Village will fire it's Marketing cannon but not specifically for MW, I'd say the focus this year for WVTP's is to equally promote ALL PARKS whilst packaging them up with the new multi-park pass system. Sounds like a winning combination to me?

^Awesome?!?! Sorry but I tried using my imagination to picture how it would look but there is just still so much work to do! It's not like MW to be leaving things this late but perhaps they are trying some new construction models this time around and doing everything (including facades and features) pre-fabricated off-site? I have to say i'm getting really impatient to see the final product of Batwing! Everything about the project seems all too relaxed. No advertising or marketing programs have kicked off (other than one competition on the MW website) Usually by now we are seeing "teaser" ads on the box, hearing about it in the Paper on the radio etc... Most people out there don't even know MW is opening a new ride at Xmas! My hunch is they are waiting for WWW to open with all it's fan fare and then when the party calms down for the DW Parks, Village will fire it's Marketing cannon but not specifically for MW, I'd say the focus this year for WVTP's is to equally promote ALL PARKS whilst packaging them up with the new multi-park pass system. Sounds like a winning combination to me?
What you're talking about is what I was talking about in this thread: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/in...ic=2877&hl= WVTP is already starting their big marketing boom. Last night I was seeing ads fro all the different WVTP parks and their different passes. I saw about 6 or 7 WVTP ads last night and I only watched 2 movies. Things I haven't seen yet are:
  • Advertisements for DW (not too surprising) or WWW (surprising).
  • Bat wing Advertisemnts. This is surprising considering the number of WVTP ads going around lately

Edited by Swanny