Mine Ride

kennykoala

If Eureka gets the chop, then my money is with Gazza's idea: A themed Eurofighter. Have the past 90degrees drop outside, everything else inside the Mountain, and I suspect you'd have a real winner on your hands. Plus the rides themselves are pretty cheap, at only $5million with no themeing. At that price you could probably gut the Mountain, install the new ride and have it looking nice for around the same price of Scooby.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Eureka gets the chop, then my money is with Gazza's idea: A themed Eurofighter. Have the past 90degrees drop outside, everything else inside the Mountain, and I suspect you'd have a real winner on your hands. Plus the rides themselves are pretty cheap, at only $5million with no themeing. At that price you could probably gut the Mountain, install the new ride and have it looking nice for around the same price of Scooby.
I think, If they do replace this ride. They should bulldoze the mountain. And re-construct it. Make it bigger and taller. Make it have some more "cliff" sections. Maybe, they could make the lift hill inside the mountain, then make it come out at the top and have it circulate down the hill while going into and out of the mountain. Something similar to Expedition Everest? If this does get replaced. I'm not sure if I'd like them to stick with the wild mouse style ride? Maybe something similar to Expedition Everest in Disney Animal Kingdom, but themed to an abandoned mined. Use of the Expedition Everest themed car (train themed trains) would really suit this ride? Anyways, theres my 2 sense worth again. B)

Maybe they could have two drops like the one at Dollywood. (I forget the name, even though it's probably only a few posts away). :P A smaller one inside, and some funky inversions, and then to finish, a larger one visible from the main walkway and/or the queue line. It'll never happen, but hey, we can all dream right...? ...Until someone awakens us with the truth anyway! :P

Maybe they could have two drops like the one at Dollywood. (I forget the name, even though it's probably only a few posts away). :P A smaller one inside, and some funky inversions, and then to finish, a larger one visible from the main walkway and/or the queue line. It'll never happen, but hey, we can all dream right...? ...Until someone awakens us with the truth anyway! :P
But if it had inversions, it wouldn't really be a family ride then, would it?

^ LoL. It would be funny though. Going through a dark tunnel and then hitting an in-line twist on a FAMILY COASTER!! It would be like going on Reptar at DW, and suddenly you hit an inversion. Anyway, I think if the mine ride goes, than DW should make a new mountain that can incorparate a full train like expedition everest does. BUT, if it is going to be a thrill ride, do a clone or something really simular to Mystery Mine at Dollywood. CoasterBoy6

The main reason I like the Eurofighter as a possible ride replacemant to Eureka is that its a small footprint kind of ride, and thats whats going to be needed. Remember, Eureka (footprint wise) is a tiny ride, and if anything replaces it, it'd have to be pretty small. Besides, just because other Eurofighters have inversions, doesn't mean a DW ride would have to as well. If Eureka has proven nothing, tight turns through tunnels are pretty thrilling in their own right. Besides, you know me and how much I like to talk about capacity; most custom Eurofighters have an estimated capacity of 800-1000. Yummy!

If you wanted to do a family version then the product they would be looking at is the "Bobsled" (Not to be confused with the Mack Bobsled, which actually looks like a bobsled run) The website states 720 pph, but the cars are smaller so this is the reason for it being lower. A good example of one is here: http://www.rcdb.com/ig2590.htm

If you wanted to do a family version then the product they would be looking at is the "Bobsled" (Not to be confused with the Mack Bobsled, which actually looks like a bobsled run) The website states 720 pph, but the cars are smaller so this is the reason for it being lower. A good example of one is here: http://www.rcdb.com/ig2590.htm
Gazza, your ideas are amazing. I'd love to see one of these themed around an Expedition Everest style mountain (minus the snow/ice). As I said before, If they do replace this, I think Dreamworld really should replace/rebuild the mountain. Make it taller, bigger, maybe bits that hang over the water so when your going around a corner it seems like your going to fly off. :D Imagine going around this corner around the top of the mountain! http://www.rcdb.com/ig2590.htm?picture=31 OR, something like this through the mines. How much of a hand/head chopper effect would this give! They could even make it seem like the 'roof' of the mine is falling down when the track slops down into the banked part. http://www.rcdb.com/ig2590.htm?picture=13

Nice idea Gazza; I think that style of coaster would work perfectly as a solid family attraction. Eureka's footprint is pretty small. Some kind of expansion would be necessary to make it work effectively, maybe underground or over that lake (the lake can remain there, just make it an undercover lake).

LOL, i didnt think my idea was that amazing, if at all. All i did was clarify the correct model that they would be using. Personally, if I was doing this i would firstly get rid of the current mountain. It would be too difficult getting a crane inside the mountain to put up track segments for example, and you would end up having to cut so many new holes and make so many adjustments to it, that it wouldn't be worth it. The new mountain would occupy the same spot as the current one, but tracks would simply extend over the lake (no point really trying to cover it, that would be quite expensive, would harbour aglae and wouldnt look that good anyway) I think a better approach could be to just have it as low as possible to the night water level, with a few mine related structures on stilts in the lake (have one of those timber aqeducts and a mill with a waterwheel for example) If they wanted to pretty up the lake for during the day (since it loses most of its water while TRR is going) they could perhaps do some fake rocky outcrops etc, but they would be hollow with drain holes so the capacity of the lake is not adversley affected at night.

LOL, i didnt think my idea was that amazing, if at all. All i did was clarify the correct model that they would be using. Personally, if I was doing this i would firstly get rid of the current mountain. It would be too difficult getting a crane inside the mountain to put up track segments for example, and you would end up having to cut so many new holes and make so many adjustments to it, that it wouldn't be worth it. The new mountain would occupy the same spot as the current one, but tracks would simply extend over the lake (no point really trying to cover it, that would be quite expensive, would harbour aglae and wouldnt look that good anyway) I think a better approach could be to just have it as low as possible to the night water level, with a few mine related structures on stilts in the lake (have one of those timber aqeducts and a mill with a waterwheel for example) If they wanted to pretty up the lake for during the day (since it loses most of its water while TRR is going) they could perhaps do some fake rocky outcrops etc, but they would be hollow with drain holes so the capacity of the lake is not adversley affected at night.
Oh well, I liked the idea! Infact, loved it. :lol: Has there been any news on whats happening with the Mine Ride? ;)

i think it somewhat amusing that you guys are playing around with the idea of an expedition everest, a ride of that size cost $100,000,000 USD, given that if it were much smaller it would be quite doable

I think, If they do replace this ride. They should bulldoze the mountain. And re-construct it. Make it bigger and taller. Make it have some more "cliff" sections. Maybe, they could make the lift hill inside the mountain, then make it come out at the top and have it circulate down the hill while going into and out of the mountain. Something similar to Expedition Everest? If this does get replaced. I'm not sure if I'd like them to stick with the wild mouse style ride? Maybe something similar to Expedition Everest in Disney Animal Kingdom, but themed to an abandoned mined. Use of the Expedition Everest themed car (train themed trains) would really suit this ride? Anyways, theres my 2 sense worth again. B)

i think it somewhat amusing that you guys are playing around with the idea of an expedition everest, a ride of that size cost $100,000,000 USD, given that if it were much smaller it would be quite doable
Why? :huh: I'm not saying Dreamworld should copy Expedition Everest. I'm simply saying, I'd love to see a larger mountain, which then could house a much larger ride then what is currently there. I know we'd never see a ride like Expedition Everest in Australia, and I'm actually glad for that.

Glad? How come? Never say never. It won't be tomorrow, next year or 5 years but we might just see such a budget two or three decades down the track. Nothing's impossible. Glad? How come? and never say never. It might be a few decades yet but we might just see it one day.

Edited by Tony Teulan

Glad? How come? Never say never. It won't be tomorrow, next year or 5 years but we might just see such a budget two or three decades down the track. Nothing's impossible. Glad? How come? and never say never. It might be a few decades yet but we might just see it one day.
I'm glad because it's copying another ride. It'd be pointless. Thats why I'd hate them to copy Expedition Everest, even though how majorly cool it looks/sounds. I'd still hate it. If Dreamworld were to copy any part of the ride I'd rather it be the reverse part and the mountain (minus the snow/ice).

Gazza: The ride you've linked to is just another Wild Mouse, but with banked turns. I don't think most people would notice the difference between the "Old" and "New" Eureka. If its going to be so similar, a MACK e-motion coaster might be better, since the cars tilt around the corners. Throw in a vertical lift themed to a mine shaft, and you've got the ride that Eureka always wanted to be ;) What it comes down to for me though, is if your thinking of taking the mountain down to put the replacement ride in, it has to be more different then just another mouse. And everyone, enough with this Expedition Everest talk. Puting a train on the track instead of a single car would require it to either be trimmed to all crawl for the entire ride, or every turn would need to have a wide radius, and there isn't really room for wide turns on the Eureka site.

Edited by joz

Chaos Maniac: I wasn't not talking about replicating Expedition Everest. You said you were glad we'd never see a ride like EE. While I agree replicating EE would be largely pointless, to do something on a similar scale but with a different theme wouldn't... Joz: misread your post

Edited by Tony Teulan

Chaos Maniac: I wasn't not talking about replicating Expedition Everest. You said you were glad we'd never see a ride like EE. While I agree replicating EE would be largely pointless, to do something on a similar scale but with a different theme wouldn't...
I wouldn't mind seeing something on a similar scale but with a different theme, however I'm not sure if this would fit at Dreamworld. It's obvious it wouldn't fit in Eureka's current area. Maybe something similar at Movieworld? They could maybe make the fake mountain in Wild West bigger to include this style of ride?
Gazza: The ride you've linked to is just another Wild Mouse, but with banked turns. I don't think most people would notice the difference between the "Old" and "New" Eureka. If its going to be so similar, a MACK e-motion coaster might be better, since the cars tilt around the corners. Throw in a vertical lift themed to a mine shaft, and you've got the ride that Eureka always wanted to be ;). What it comes down to for me though, is if your thinking of taking the mountain down to put the replacement ride in, it has to be more different then just another mouse.
I wouldn't mind seeing a vertical lift going in. It'd actually be really good, themed to a mine shaft. Great idea Joz! :) If they did this, it'd really start to compete with Scooby?

Have you guys seen it! I went on friday and the black covering around the line area is gone and they have picnic benches there! the enterence to the actual ride is boarded up with wood :S
Unbelievable. That is the sort of thing Wonderland was doing in the months before it closed. When a ride would break down or needed a major overhaul, rather than repair it they'd just close it and put picnic benches/seating areas in the old queue area. They knew they were still going to get the crowds in even with less rides than ever as everyone wanted to go before it closed. Scary. I think DW really needs to pick its act up