Wet'n'Wild: New 2007 Attraction

mattcrombie

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought I might throw a cracker into the argument about a coaster going in at a water park, but a Portuguese water park has installed a Mack water coaster to its line up. The videos on the site just show everyone riding it in their swimmers, so I guess that answers the question about whether it would be acceptable to do that on our ride. See http://www.aquashowpark.com/EN/

Thought I might throw a cracker into the argument about a coaster going in at a water park, but a Portuguese water park has installed a Mack water coaster to its line up. The videos on the site just show everyone riding it in their swimmers, so I guess that answers the question about whether it would be acceptable to do that on our ride. See http://www.aquashowpark.com/EN/
Thanks Gazza. But their coaster is what I'd call a 'true ' water roller coaster where the trains dip in and out of the water at various points. WnW is just sopposedly adding a couple of water jets and I get a feeling they might be a bit pathetic similar to the 'smoke' which sprays out on Batwing. It's a shame WnW's isn't adding a full circuit coaster either. It's quite funny the video for that water coaster is followed by an ad for tuna Edited by GoGoBoy

^^ That ride looks really fun... don't forget that survey, guys. In it they mentioned something akin to a water roller coaster didn't they? It would be great to be able to ride the Wet'n'Wild one like that in boardies and not have to change.

Edited by Tony Teulan

Sorry, I dont understand what you are saying with LIMs or lifthills or whatever, what has that got to do with anything? All I meant before was that you would have a queue leading in to the loading platform for the halfpipe ride like normal. Then instead of just walking down an exit ramp like a normal ride, there would be a short waterslide replacing the exit ramp. Since some people seem a bit annoyed it isn't a true water ride, just tack one on the end.

Edited by Gazza

I Went past Wet N Wild today and seen that all 4 slides that come out from the White Water Mountain have been ripped out and Demolished. The Whole area has been dug up and and is under construction. I would say this is for the new Water Slide attraction coming this year with the Halfpipe.

Wow this is pretty major. Those flume slides have been there since the park first opened in the 1980's. They were refurbished when the fake mountain was added and you can see that the colour of the actual flumes changed as they used to be that old light blue that waterslides used to always be made of. I'm not sure whether that original refurbishment required the full demolition and reconstruction of the slides though? Certainly sounds like this may be more than just a refurb this time. I wonder if they will just replace them with a more advanced style of flume such as ProSlide Pipelines or Atomic Coasters with water curtains? Being an attraction almost any age can enjoy, they were certainly popular. So it looks like construction has started on the rumoured new slides for WnW. However we are yet to see any movement over at WhiteWater World. If WWW doesn't make some changes this year I think WnW will virtually canabalise them. I mean it's all very well to cash in on the fact that the park is 'new' but when you've got a park down the road that is already significantly larger and is again going through a massive expansion... I think Macquarie Leisure is going to need more than just the' new' novelty to compete. By the way - can we please get some photos of the demolished White Water Mountain Flumes???

Edited by GoGoBoy

^awesome news!! I had a hunch last time I visited that would be the site for the new slides. The rest of the park has had so much attention of late, it's great too see them working on the original side which will help toward balancing the flow of guests later in the year after the Halfpipe opens. Totally agree with the comments above - For a company that has Australia's highest paid CEO, Macquarie bank needs to pull their thumb out and put their money where their mouth is:)

I have to say I really don't mind the idea of the flumes not coming back as long as they are replaced with something appropriate. While they may have had some positives I do think they weren't quite up to scratch in some ways, particularly their slow speeds. Considering how large WnW is now I think it's a good idea to consolidate and improve on what they already have rather than necessarily expand. I think they have gotten to the point where they can definitely afford to replace old attractions rather than just build additional ones. I think a mix of consolidation and expansion will be good for them. I certainly wouldn't say the same thing about Dreamworld (they should only be expanding). As I said earlier if the flumes are replaced with something similar albeit a more contemporary ProSlide version I think that would be very cool. I can definitely see a selection of funky ProSlide Atomic Coasters with the multiple water curtains like these http://www.proslide.com/sub.php?mainRideID=5&rideID=12 working well in that area. And maybe mix it up with a bowl slide and one or 2 other options as we have seen happening in waterparks recently