The Off Topic Topic

here is the latest nearmap image of Sea worlds polar bears shores - with construction happening in the red circle - of a rumoured extension to the exhibit for the new cub and mother to go on display without interfering with the 2 other boys (as they cannot go on display together for the cubs safety.)

post-29142-0-96832700-1371004959_thumb.j

I know this is low resolution, but has much changed since August last year?

post-2117-0-25581500-1371192787_thumb.jp

In other news, WhiteWater West have announced the upcoming Frankston Regional Aquatic Centre is set to debut the world's first AquaSphere. The centre will also open a Constrictor.

post-2117-0-51799800-1371193051_thumb.jp

AquaSphere™ set to Debut at Australia’s Frankston Regional Aquatic Centre

WhiteWater is pleased to announce the commission of a new and thrilling family slide complex to Australia’s newest multi-purpose aquatic centre, The Frankston Regional Aquatic Centre.

Currently under construction and set to open in mid-2014, the centre will feature WhiteWater’s AquaSphereTM, a 79-metre long thrill slide, combined with a 114-metre long ConstrictorTM and the award winning interactive AquaPlayTM. The complex promises fun for the entire family, from adventurous thrill seekers to those wanting a more relaxed experience.

Frankston City Council Mayor, Cr Sandra Mayer said: “We are incredibly thrilled to unveil the world’s first AquaSphereTM at our centre and know it will be an outstanding attraction for the local community”.

“We chose WhiteWater because of their excellent reputation for innovative attractions and designs”, said Bruce Mackay, Frankston Regional Aquatic Centre Manager.

http://www.whitewaterwest.com/cgi/page.cgi/Industry_News/AquaSphere_set_to_Debut_at_Australia_s_Frankston_Regional_Aquatic_?_id=45

Sea world admitted they weren't sure whether the polar was pregnant, until it actually gave birth (because its very difficult to test a polar bear, and polar bear babies are born tiny, so weight gain was minimal). They has strong suspicions though. On looking back through the previous map images, the site in question basically always looked like that, but I can't see anywhere else for them to build it? Sea world will milk the baby polar bear for all it's worth, so they will want it on display as much as possible when it is able to be out. So it makes sense to want a separate exhibit (like the tiger cub display at dreamworld).

This is just a small one but I thought some might find it interesting; a mansion built by Keith Williams (founder of the Surfers Paradise Ski Gardens/Sea World) is on the market for $3.1million. As well as Keith Williams, another of the mansion's former tenants is Dreamworld founder John Longhurst. Just thought I'd mention it, since the house has a history so connected with the Gold Coast theme parks. If anyone wants to spring the cash and donate it to Parkz so it can be our HQ please get in touch :)http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/06/14/453098_gold-coast-news.html

here is the latest nearmap image of Sea worlds polar bears shores - with construction happening in the red circle - of a rumoured extension to the exhibit for the new cub and mother to go on display without interfering with the 2 other boys (as they cannot go on display together for the cubs safety.)

Not a rumour anymore. Was there today and the audio playing in the lower viewing area states they are building the enclosure so they can be on display and it is due to be completed in September. Also, was at MW this morning. According to the signage out the front of JL3D, physical requirements, height less than 90cm. So... Guests under 90cm are okay?

For anyone interested, Episode 2 (the upcoming episode) features the Tower of Terror. Superman will be featured in a few episodes later. Travel Channel has posted 2 segments to their website for the coaster. For those though who can't get last the geo blocking, I'll leave these here.

Edited by T-bone

<p> It may well be written as 'height less than 90cm'... but you'll find that it is under a heading that specifically states the items listed below are not permitted, etc. So not permitted is:

• [*]food and drink [*]height less than 90cm [*]etc...
It has a seperate area that states activites not allowed including no food and drink, recent surgery, back and neck issues, under the influence of alcohol, pregnant. It also states in the same area as height less than 90, between 90 and 110 ride with adult, sit independently, and follow directions of staff. The heading for that area is physical requirements. So it does not fall as you are attempting to tell me. If you would like I will get a photo when I head down there on Wednesday so you can see what I am talking about.

For anyone interested, Episode 2 (the upcoming episode) features the Tower of Terror. Superman will be featured in a few episodes later. Travel Channel has posted 2 segments to their website for the coaster. For those though who can't get last the geo blocking, I'll leave these here.

Anyone else notice the guy in the first video said up to 100k/h? TOT2 is supposed to go up to 160k/h is it not? And they weren't even looking anywhere near the tower in the 2nd video lol

Edited by downunder191

• rappa locked this topic