Fraudulent postings

rappa

Some members will have noticed that all trace of a recently registered member has been removed from the forums... This member account was created fraudulently by someone attempting to impersonate a WVTP employee and post privledged information to this forum. At the request of WVTP management those posts have been deleted and this member has been blocked. Please take this as a warning to anyone thinking about doing something like this. The parks take this very seriously and this person will very likely be prossecuted for his actions. To any staff of the theme parks, please remember your employment contracts as I can assure you they will be watching very closeley for a while.

Interesting that he seemed to know so much about the inside details of the park, although anyone could make it up and have most members believing it I suppose. Good stuff though Clint, For one, I would hate to lose all the employees we have on the boards, as they are a great source of "allowable" inside information, and second, great that we can maintain such a good relationship with WVTP management. I'd hate to see another episode of "pull down your pictures please"

This issue has nothing to do with 'Doc Brown' -- it is to do with a recent user impersonating someone from WVTP management and releasing (or appearing to release) privileged information. You'll find that whether the info was real or not isn't the issue so much as the impersonation, which is a legal matter for them to pursue. You will find that our parks are quite happy for employees to contribute to this site so long as they stay within the terms of their employment with what they disclose. On this matter, we don't moderate this sort of information -- it's up to the parks to educate their staff and for individual employees to know their responsibilities.

Just out of interest, how do you create a fraudulent account? I can create an account on any website, not just this one and claim to be whoever I want to be and there is not much anyone can do about it other than ban the account. Obviously this person was/is an employee of WVTP otherwise there wouldn't have been a problem and the information would have been eventually proved false. I haven't seen any of the posts as I haven't been on the site for several weeks now. Bussy

• 2 weeks later...

Considering what Gazza said about the Username being the person involved first and last names. It isn't Batman. Unless someone actually has the name Batman in real life, and if that was the case there must have been something very wrong with the parents choosing that name :lol: So it wasn't Doc Brown or Batman that were making the posts.

Also Klassens missing..
Why do you say this, he made a post on the 20th, 2 on the 19th plus he made one a few minutes after you posted this. Where do you get the idea that he is missing, sorry if I mis interpreted. BTW Doc Brown was banned, so was batman and Wycenerious, no idea. Cheers, Edited by cadboy