www worker

Dreamworld's 30th

259 posts in this topic

The only film that costs during park hours is the screening of TRON at 4:15pm. It seems as if the 11am screening of Megamind is included in admission. There are more sessions than what they had when it was the IMAX so I don't see a problem with it.

Well when i received a show times guide yesterday half of the shows had been blacked out with a texture. The jukebox show and a few others they don't even have illuminate running. ITS CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS DAMM IT!!!!!!

^ Yesterday as in the crazy busy day? What's with canceling shows on such a busy day? How many people have to turn up to do all the shows? Just curious, as tha seems quite odd to me. Also what are you trying to say about Jukebox and a few others?

As far as I know the cinema isn't open yet so those shows would be cancelled. On Monday, Dreamworld were "waiting on a very big shipment to arrive!" (projectors?). The session times online start from the 6th, so that's a probable opening day. Joz, I think Klassen was trying to say that the jukebox show was one of those that was cancelled. Dreamworld have advertised 10 new shows beginning Boxing Day - so they should have 10 new shows beginning Boxing Day regardless of the weather, crowds etc (less shows - maybe, but completely cancelled - no).

sorry the jukebox show and a few others were the shows that weren't on also matt hollywood was crossed off on my times guide so i asked a staff member and they said "Im not sure what is happening as far as i know its on but all times guides have is crossed out and the park closes at 5pm when the show is advertised for a 5:15 showing" Really Dreamworld Really?? One of the busiest days. themeparkgc is exactly right 10 shows FROM BOXING DAY NOT DEC 30 or when ever you decide to start them, if your going to start them.

Give them a brake, anything could of happened to delay a show. Expecally when they also have large holiday crowds.
How could large holiday crowds delay a show? I understand they could emphasise any maintenance issues with a ride (cause breakdowns etc) but how would they affect a show? Both days mentioned by Klassen were fine sunny days, so inclement weather couldn't be a reason for a show to be cancelled (even then, they have the roof now). In a peak period staffing shouldn't be a concern either. I struggle to understand why any of the shows would be cancelled completely except for the cinema.

Thats very true i think one thing Dreamworld do that is great is the fact the number of staff they have on hand to help guests and staffing was no issue at all. Plus themeparkgc is correct in the fact all the shows, well most from my understanding are held on the mainstreet temp stage. Which is located in front of those upcharge pond boats near nick central entrance and that complete area is now covered. Im just a little disappointed for something that is suppose to be part of there 30 year it aint looking to promising!

Is it membrane or shadecloth? Basically, what I want to know is why the ground is wet underneath? The fears about it blocking the view of the Claw seem unfounded, fortunately.

Edited by Gazza

I guess it's nice to have shade anywhere, but that is rather puzzling. It's too far back to be made for Illuminate (though I've no doubt that if it does rain on days with a show, people will have no problems being that far back from the front), and it's really to small to be useful for a function venue. Of course maybe someone just decided that they should put shade somewhere, and that happened to be the 20 square meter area that was deemed worthy. Fair enough I guess, but odd. Gazza, looking at where the water is on the ground it looks like the rain just came in on a slant. Given how wild the weather was last week that's not surprising.

Basically, what I want to know is why the ground is wet underneath?
Gazza, looking at where the water is on the ground it looks like the rain just came in on a slant. Given how wild the weather was last week that's not surprising.
That, or depending on how early this photo was taken, the ground may still have been wet from the high pressure water cleaners that are used every morning by the cleaners. Edited by Lotl_90

The fountain has a new addition also, a very VERY basic 'musical' fountain style display at the front (facing the gates) ,that also has lights at the bottom of it. Sooooo my understanding is it will be used during the late nights too, at the moment it shuts off around 4:30

It's too far back to be made for Illuminate (though I've no doubt that if it does rain on days with a show, people will have no problems being that far back from the front), and it's really to small to be useful for a function venue.
It seems they shut the park as per normal at 5pm if the weather is bad. This is Dreamworld's response to a query about extended opening hours made yesterday on their Facebook:
It will vary depending on the weather.

Looks to me someone thought the key to MW success is the addition of a roof so they thought they'd better get one too. Only problem is that one is pointless, adds nothing to the park and looks really ugly.

The fears about it blocking the view of the Claw seem unfounded, fortunately.
Balls. Missed this photo! 162794_10150112040620844_245592075843_7586056_8388370_n.jpghttp://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=2455...05.245592075843 That roof looks like it gets uncomfortably low in that corner....There goes the Claw views too :( Why did they suddenly change from a barrel vault to a skillion at the last bit of the roof? Looks shit doing that. Edited by Gazza

Golly gosh... I thought the main part of the roof look ok (rather small though) but that corner is ugly. -.- And I think more is to go to the left of the roof too. If it was bigger, and that corner wasn't there, it'd be good.

Why did they suddenly change from a barrel vault to a skillion at the last bit of the roof? Looks shit doing that.
Seems like almost everything Dreamworld does lately is kinda shit (except perhaps for the ToT2 upgrade). And look how dodgy and small the temporary stage looks. It is REALLY temporary. A bit sad considering the Summer Funomenon shows are supposedly the big drawcard these holidays. It's this half-assed way of doing things lately (while at the same time basically surrendering to Village Roadshow) that encouraged me to finally sell my Ardent Leisure shares and just cop the big loss. Still glad I did it

Oh wow yeah both the roof and the stage look SHIT! Can't comprehend what they are thinking over there.

Just a thought but maybe the weather we've been having has made them change the stage to this smaller, tent-covered one. I would've thought they'd use the stage that they sometimes put over their fountain facing that portion of Main Street. As for the roof, maybe they are going to make a giant Ames room. img0605.png

As for the roof, maybe they are going to make a giant Ames room.
Well, the Gold Coast parks have been missing one ever since Young Einstein's Gravity House closed. Edit: Apologies for the double post, no idea how it happened.... Edited by strop