2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

I was just saying I reckon a family ride for June; but was unsure about the thrill ride. I thought it may of been December because maybe they might do it on their birthday, but, I guess, they're doing September. But, we all know they're usually not on time. Some guy in General Inquiries back in January the day the cinema opened let the beans spill anyway. Some guests (a family of 2 adults, 2 kids) came in asking about rides and what new ones there are and he said they're beginning construction on a couple of new ones in the next two or three months. So, March or April should see the beginning of the construction, right? According to this employee.

Family thrill ride, what would go under the category? Hopefully both these attractions are towards the left side of the park. Nonetheless, let the ridiculous speculations, abundance of photo updates and feelings of anticipation begin! Can't wait to see what they have in stall.

This information today from a presentation given by Ardent's CEO - * Family thrill ride launch for June school holidays

Guessing either Dora's replacement or the Motocoaster re-branded given the time constraints.

Let's hope the family ride is a new take on a mine coaster - something to replace Eureka Mountain. Doubt there is time for that though!

They could have already started under the cover of night. :ph34r:

Interesting that WWW will once again be missing out on any expansion - even though it is desperately needed. Seems they aren't too worried about the size of the park and the fact that in its current state it is absolutely no match for WnW. I guess Dreamworld is the priority - which I suppose is fair enough considering how far behind it is beginning to fall

But also, just from my point of view, Whitewater World isn't (well couldn't survive) as a park on its own. People usually go to Whitewater World because it's next to Dreamworld. I haven't heard of many people I know going to Whitewater World just on its own or going to Dreamworld because of Whitewater World. Maybe they see an expansion in Dreamworld as a benefit for both parks?

Iv also heard talks of a kiddie coaster, But as far as im aware there june attraction will be located behind claw and Thornberries also utilising the chalk zone area to the back of nick central. As for Sept major attraction, Location will be behind the old chair lift station located to the left of rapids loading and will also branch into the car park were the bus bays and helipad area is. If Im correct fencing for those areas should start this week if they already haven't. As for the attraction itself iv heard a Coaster being the go! Im not gonna say type just incase Im wrong, but i wasn't overly impressed when i heard the type, Im just hoping that themeing will make up for that.

Iv also heard talks of a kiddie coaster, But as far as im aware there june attraction will be located behind claw and Thornberries also utilising the chalk zone area to the back of nick central. As for Sept major attraction, Location will be behind the old chair lift station located to the left of rapids loading and will also branch into the car park were the bus bays and helipad area is. If Im correct fencing for those areas should start this week if they already haven't. As for the attraction itself iv heard a Coaster being the go! Im not gonna say type just incase Im wrong, but i wasn't overly impressed when i heard the type, Im just hoping that themeing will make up for that.

I don't want to sound rude, but where did you hear this from? Or is this info still 'rumours'? The fencing off of the carpark/bus stop area has already happened earlier this week I think... And what type of coaster is it supposed to be? I don't think anyone will really get that angry if you're wrong! Edited by Linus1995

To be truthfully honest and i don't want this to sound cocky at all but we all know it doesn't matter who the source is, Well it does to a certain extent but it comes down to the people your source knows. My source is the people. Either way in due time we will find out if what iv said is a load of bull shit, but for now why not use this to fuel our imaginations as to what the possibilities are and what Dreamworld has in store for us in the coming future.

Iv also heard talks of a kiddie coaster, But as far as im aware there june attraction will be located behind claw and Thornberries also utilising the chalk zone area to the back of nick central.

Last year, I jumped on NearMap and measured that area and to be able to fit a Zamperla Disk'O. As for a kids coaster (that could be described as a family thrill attraction), maybe a Vekoma Junior Boomerang.

Maybe the thrill ride could be an Intamin ZacSpin... I mean SFMM is getting one and DW seems to follow pretty closely to them. I'm interested in what one of the other threads said in turning the park into several different parks... they must be planning to grow quite rapidly to split off into several different parks! I wonder if we'll see resort and citywalk style area come with it! As for the kiddie rideI have no idea but if it new, I hope Dora get replaced soon, you can't have one ride broken so just put a new one near it to fix it! but when you say coaster, is that coaster for the thrill ride, or kiddie ride??

A couple of people have mentioned the possibility of a kiddie coaster as the family thrill ride due to open in June. I was commenting on a type of coaster which could be classed as thrilling for a family ride. This is separate to the major thrill ride launch for September. A ZacSpin could work considering the budget mentioned earlier. P.S. just in case you didn't notice was bumped from 2003.