Nickelodeon is moving for a Sea change!

S.W24

So has anyone seen the Show/Parade yet? I say that as it's more of a show about a parade rather than your traditional parade, which is fine by me... I went to the opening yesterday and was blown away impressed! This is not tow some trailers behind a buggy kind of float fiesta. These floats are easily up there with anything you'd expect from a Disney Park. Completely themed, hidden drivers and mechanisms, on board animatronics, lights, video, etc. The show has a massive cast and some cool water fountains used to great effect. It's also really great to see some good boat action back out on the lake. The park also appears to have updated the audio system in the stadium which is great too. I would say apart from the Outback Spectacular (which really is in a category of it's own) this is definitely the biggest and most involved show of any of the properties now and is definitely worth checking out. Should be a real hit for Sea World!

I haven't seen the show yet and have no plans to go this holidays due to cost.

Yeah, saw this yesterday. The floats are REALLY detailed with plenty of moving bits and bobs that are quite finely detailed. One thing in particular I liked was how the plankton float had a giant LED display on the end of a periscope, with an animated blinking eye looking out the end. At times the image would change. Couple of the songs were better than I expected (Don't really know spongebob that well, have always thought it was a little silly)...hehe "Barnacles is how you say what they say you cant say". Only bit I struggled with is not knowing all the characters voices, so sometimes I wasn't quite sure who was meant to be speaking. I like it for the fact it makes proper 'multi use' of that bit of lake at the front of the park. Jet Stunt Extreme and Spongebob Parade pants provide completely different experiences, which is a postive for such a high profile location. The Photo Store is now in that set of shops at the main entrance, and the old Photo Store/fairy penguin building is now a Nickelodeon shop. Sesame St Beach is now themed to those Generic SW characters, which to date have only been on kids T shirts (Eg the shark with floaties, the drunk looking seagull, that overly cute seal etc)...Fibreglass characters have replaced the Sesame St ones.

I went to the opening yesterday and was blown away impressed! This is not tow some trailers behind a buggy kind of float fiesta. These floats are easily up there with anything you'd expect from a Disney Park. Completely themed, hidden drivers and mechanisms, on board animatronics, lights, video, etc.

Movieworld had these elements quite a while ago and removed them in favour of the towing behind buggies. I think it cheapened their parade a little. However I can understand that it means less motorised units to repair if you have multiple trailer floats you only use during certain times of the year (such as Halloween and Christmas), or for special events (such as DC) instead of having motors sitting over the year seizing.

sounds good - if there was video or something of it that would be epic. Having built small robotic models out of a Lego Mindstorms RCX 2.0 kit that is ten years old and still has life in it I wish for the day when I can move on to programming animatronics for WVTP or Dreamworld.

Animatronics at Dreamworld? I doubt we'll see that again in our lifetime

• 1 month later...

Having built small robotic models out of a Lego Mindstorms RCX 2.0 kit that is ten years old and still has life in it I wish for the day when I can move on to programming animatronics for WVTP or Dreamworld.

You in brisbane. I don't know if it is anywhere else but you might be interested in robocup. You program any kind of robot to play soccer.

Anyone know what happening wit the spondebob parade as I was there on Sunday and the paradise was good but the island with spondebobs home and others weren't there soi wondering if anyone knows what happened

The house's are inflatables! so maybe the blowers wasn't working! They usally turn them on 15mins prior to the parade. Edited by Randy23

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing back a old topic but didn't think it was a worthy question for a new topic. Just out of curiosity does anyone have any photos they could share (link or your own) of the old Sea World kids area 'Cartoon Network Cartoon Beach'. I would love to go over the CN themed rides from back then again even if it's just small things like some of the theming for the truck ride etc. Also, even some old character suits like Johnny Bravo. Thanks..

Edited by kujotess